Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, useless said:

He might not have a future with us, it looks as though he's not in Gerrard's plans, but that's not why he's training with the 'U23s', he's training with the U21s because if he wasn't he would be at Bodymoor Heath training by himself, I'm sure next week when the first team return to Bodymoor Heath then Tra will be back training with them even if ultimately he's not in our plans. Also as I've just said, we wouldn't put first team players in our U21s as a punishment or use the U21s as some sort of 'bomb squad', our academy is too important for that.

Or he could be with the rest of the team that played Fulham today? If he's in with the U23's and not with either first team squad he's in the bomb squad. 

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think they and the rest of the senior players deserve the courtesy of training with the rest of the squad.  I'm not sure it makes it any more likely a club will come in for Traore, if we are looking to get rid.  Targett got pelters for trying to get away at the first opportunity PL football came up but if this is what happens if you're not fancied by the manager then he did well to move when he did.

Who knows what's being said behind scenes. Gerrard could've called Traore in first week back and said it was nothing personal but he had no future here so could well be frustrated he dosen't seem interested in going to play somewhere week in week out and is making life a bit more difficult.

Plenty of clubs would take him on loan I'm sure although would need us paying a good chunk of wages.

Would be amusing if he ended up at Everton but assume they won't be calling us again after AEG last season which was a waste of time for all parties. 

7 minutes ago, useless said:

He might not have a future with us, it looks as though he's not in Gerrard's plans, but that's not why he's training with the 'U23s', he's training with the U21s because if he wasn't he would be at Bodymoor Heath training by himself, I'm sure next week when the first team return to Bodymoor Heath then Tra will be back training with them even if ultimately he's not in our plans. Also as I've just said, we wouldn't put first team players in our U21s as a punishment or use the U21s as some sort of 'bomb squad', our academy is too important for that.

Or the alternative is he's in France training with our actual core of 21-22 players who are in the managers plans. 😉

Unless he's been injured again and needs light training against some of our kids but I doubt that's the case this time.

If he hasn't been sold or loaned out by the end of the transfer window, I'm sure he will be named as part of our first team squad, and will be available as an option.

Yes it's likely that we will listen to offers for him, but people reading too much into an Ashley Preece tweet, someone who has proven time and time again that he just guesses at what's going on, 'being banished from the first team to train with the U23s' makes it sound like Traore is being punished or he's being disrespected, when truth is he's probably just training with the U21s until the first team return from France, yes I'm sure he would have liked to have gone to France, but that he hasn't isn't him being disrespected or punished, or banished.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the players that haven't gone to France are training with the U21s, our academy and first team are closely aligned so it really wouldn't be a surprise.

• Like 1

Absolutely no idea why we signed this guy, made no sense based on a the type of signing we were making at the time. It feels very much like someone took a back hander to get the deal over the line.

13 hours ago, useless said:

If he hasn't been sold or loaned out by the end of the transfer window, I'm sure he will be named as part of our first team squad, and will be available as an option.

Yes it's likely that we will listen to offers for him, but people reading too much into an Ashley Preece tweet, someone who has proven time and time again that he just guesses at what's going on, 'being banished from the first team to train with the U23s' makes it sound like Traore is being punished or he's being disrespected, when truth is he's probably just training with the U21s until the first team return from France, yes I'm sure he would have liked to have gone to France, but that he hasn't isn't him being disrespected or punished, or banished.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the players that haven't gone to France are training with the U21s, our academy and first team are closely aligned so it really wouldn't be a surprise.

I don't need Ashley Preece to tell me , he is not good enough for where we are going.....maybe he has put 2 and 2 together, but he has come up with 4

He is non descript, and just showes flashes of talent.....he is not an effective player by any stretch of the imagination....He is easily negated and then goes in to passenger mode.

Not good enough, for us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, a-k said:

The fact he is a bit of a maverick is exactly the reason why we should keep and use him. Plan A not working? Throw him on because the opponent probably doesn't know what he's going to do either.

Really? Losing the ball a lot and having zero strength or pace aren’t exactly great attributes if plan A isn’t working. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really? Losing the ball a lot and having zero strength or pace aren’t exactly great attributes if plan A isn’t working. 

Probably more he could rattle one in from edge of the box like he did v Man. United.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Or Chelsea or West Brom or Bristol City

Chelsea was a close range back post finish....or was that El Ghazi?

In last 10 minutes of games it's usual to have a player who can get shots in from 20-25 yards that can hit target when defences are camped in penalty area so I do think a fully fit and focused Traore could get us some late wins.

Hopefully Bailey can do that as he hit a nice shot from outside the box v Norwich that Krul tipped onto the bar before the inevitable season ending injury.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea was a close range back post finish....or was that El Ghazi?

In last 10 minutes of games it's usual to have a player who can get shots in from 20-25 yards that can hit target when defences are camped in penalty area so I do think a fully fit and focused Traore could get us some late wins.

Hopefully Bailey can do that as he hit a nice shot from outside the box v Norwich that Krul tipped onto the bar before the inevitable season ending injury.

He smashed one in from the edge of the box at home. Maybe from a corner or free kick

Newcastle goal as well was fantastic finiah

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He smashed one in from the edge of the box at home. Maybe from a corner or free kick

Newcastle goal as well was fantastic finiah

Come on man, he scuffed that shot and somehow it went in. Pure fluke. The goal against United wasn’t though, that was superb. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Come on man, he scuffed that shot and somehow it went in. Pure fluke. The goal against United wasn’t though, that was superb. 

If you think that he has scuffed that shot then you are either thinking of another goal or your dislike of Traore is just completely and totallly irrational. He clearly wanted to put it in that part of the goal. He got a bit lucky that it went in off the bar but he definitely didn't scuff it.

I've timestamped it for you so that you don't have to suffer through the rest of the video. 😉

• Like 2

Â