Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Hanky said:

Very wary of players suddenly becoming much better when not playing, but feel we desperately need someone like him out wide at the moment. 

Like the Newcastle game, Watford had worked us out. Flooded midfield and knew that gaps on the wings were not an issue as our full backs could not provide enough quality from those positions. The game was crying out for some width. 

Agree completely - a strong example of why there is good reason to be wary of Gerrard replacing decent players to try and fit a very rigid system. We need other options, which is exactly what BT offers us

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

Back in full training - hopefully he can be of use in the next 2 weeks where we have 4 fixtures to fulfill. 

I like him but he’s a little inconsistent and often picks up niggly injuries. 

No doubt there’s a player in there for sure but we need to see it more often. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Back in full training - hopefully he can be of use in the next 2 weeks where we have 4 fixtures to fulfill. 

I like him but he’s a little inconsistent and often picks up niggly injuries. 

No doubt there’s a player in there for sure but we need to see it more often. 

Best used from the bench really. If he's on it he could be very effective if game really opens up in last 15-20 minutes.

• Like 2

His impact on a debut season last year was really good. Will take him a while to get back up to speed, same with Bailey. 

You never know what you are going to get from him, when he picks the ball up I don't know if he's going to turn into Trez or Messi.

On his day, probably the most elusive player we have....a poor mans Mahrez.

He has skills and technique, some players can only dream of, but.....

He has to show more consistency, and steer clear of injuries, would be a start.

I never know, what i am going to get from him as a spectator, so the players probably feel the same.

A game changer, no doubt.....but a 90 minute player, not for me.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I worry Gerrard is not feeling the Traore magic 🙁

I’m not surprised after that Brentford display…

Seriously though, we have Buendia and Bailey to try and fit in and that’s before you bring Chukwuemeka into the equation. He might find himself out of the match day squad soon enough. 

Hopefully we can get some of the money back we spent on him in the Summer. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not surprised after that Brentford display…

Seriously though, we have Buendia and Bailey to try and fit in and that’s before you bring Chukwuemeka into the equation. He might find himself out of the match day squad soon enough. 

Hopefully we can get some of the money back we spent on him in the Summer. 

I feel the same way about Traore others seem to feel about Bailey or maybe Sanson….

Why isn’t he getting minutes? Maybe he will leave and we’ll look stupid when he’s a success in Ligue 1 next season!

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I feel the same way about Traore others seem to feel about Bailey or maybe Sanson….

Why isn’t he getting minutes? Maybe he will leave and we’ll look stupid when he’s a success in Ligue 1 next season!

Who are you starting him over? How you gonna get him mins? 

19 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Bailey is better tho?

Have you seen enough of Bailey at PL level to be sure of that?

I'd be gutted if Traore leaves and would defo follow his career. Pure entertainer :(

Edited by Tom13

25 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Is he, or is it the fact he was bought more recently? They are similar in many ways, unpredictable, not so good defensively, score the odd screamer.

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Have you seen enough of Bailey at PL level to be sure of that?

I'd be gutted if Traore leaves and would defo follow his career. Pure entertainer :(

Gerrard clearly see's both in training, and bailey is ahead

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â