Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Hate to say it, but Traore has been awful. Looks overly keen to impress or something.

He is their marquee player and captain, the rest are pretty awful - their defence is shocking, they are walking round in a daze, they are like a pub team. That Senegal side is pretty decent, some very very good players (Champions League) on the field and on the bench too.

On 03/02/2022 at 05:39, thunderball said:

He is their marquee player and captain, the rest are pretty awful - their defence is shocking, they are walking round in a daze, they are like a pub team. That Senegal side is pretty decent, some very very good players (Champions League) on the field and on the bench too.

Tapsoba of Bayer Leverkusen is a pretty good young CB actually for them, wonder if he's popped up on our radar when we were scouting Bailey last year.

On 26/11/2021 at 15:02, Chine said:

Unless Bertie has shown to be disinterested or difficult to deal with in the new ‘project Villa’ he won’t be up for sale just yet ,just tabloid BS 

He is probably the most unpredictable player we have, and some of his touches are sublime, trouble is, the opposition, don't know what he is going to do, and neither does his own players.

That renders him a bit of a loose cannon.

For entertainment great.....for winning football matches, lacks that certain discipline.

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is probably the most unpredictable player we have, and some of his touches are sublime, trouble is, the opposition, don't know what he is going to do, and neither does his own players.

For entertainment great.....for winning football matches, lacks that certain discipline.

It will be interesting to see how gerrard treats him.

If he's happy to play second fiddle to buendia I can't imagine we could buy much better who is also happy with that arrangement, considering his G/A last season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

How can you say he lacks the discipline to win football matches? 

He has one of the best goal contribution ratios in the team - a stat I know you place a lot of stock in. Understanding between players can easily be built with a run of games playing with the same people. Something he never really got.

I can't remember a single incident of him losing us points from being ill-disciplined/lazy/lackadaisical. Are there any?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He has one of the best goal contribution ratios in the team - a stat I know you place a lot of stock in. Understanding between players can easily be built with a run of games playing with the same people. Something he never really got.

I can't remember a single incident of him losing us points from being ill-disciplined/lazy/lackadaisical. Are there any?

The terminology may have not been correct but surely you understand what he's getting at?

The sliced clearances across our own box for example...

Bert is a maverick and that's why a portion of the fanbase (myself included) love him and others hate him.

12 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

The terminology may have not been correct but surely you understand what he's getting at?

The sliced clearances across our own box for example...

Bert is a maverick and that's why a portion of the fanbase (myself included) love him and others hate him.

I'm afraid I really don't understand.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

49 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I press my finger on the keyboard and press the buttons to spell out what I am saying.....🤣

seriously.....He gives the ball away or loses it too easily.

He has scored 8 goals in 45 games giving a ratio of 5.6:1 That is hardly worth mentioning, but that is not the point. That is not what I am saying

Ollie Watkins is 21 goals in 55 games, 2.6:1......so I don't know where you got that from?....but its way off the point, anyway.

Giving the ball away or losing it, so cheaply,  makes it hard to win football matches.

So you don't agree....fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

It will be interesting to see how gerrard treats him.

If he's happy to play second fiddle to buendia I can't imagine we could buy much better who is also happy with that arrangement, considering his G/A last season.

He is a Maverick....but some folk, like that sort of thing....thats fine.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, TRO said:

He has scored 8 goals in 45 games giving a ratio of 5.6:1 That is hardly worth mentioning, but that is not the point. That is not what I am saying

Ridiculous attempt at stats if not intentionally disingenuous considering how many of those would've been 5-10 min late subs. Do total minutes or per 90. He's made 42 PL appearances but per 90 only equates to 27.6 games 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Â