Playstation 5

villarule123

Because Game look like they are stopping their rewards scheme and elite membership I had a refund from the previous year on my account of about £42.  Went in and brought a £50 ps store card. Just used it to preorder Black Myth Wukong.  Really looking forward to it, due out next month.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dubbs said:

Because Game look like they are stopping their rewards scheme and elite membership I had a refund from the previous year on my account of about £42.  Went in and brought a £50 ps store card. Just used it to preorder Black Myth Wukong.  Really looking forward to it, due out next month.

All about the difficulty for me, hoping it's not a souls game, got loads of potential 

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

All about the difficulty for me, hoping it's not a souls game, got loads of potential 

I've read it's more like the recent God of War titles which means it'll more likely be a nope from me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I've read it's more like the recent God of War titles which means it'll more likely be a nope from me.

All I've read is it's not a souls like game.  I've got the Elden Ring DLC to scratch that itch so this should be a refreshing change.

I have seen Black Myth called everything from a Soulslike to a God of War clone to a Boss Rush game. Every preview calls it something different. 

Regardless of how it plays, it might still attract the Souls audience because VGC called the game hard as nails and punishing, but fair.

That said, It feels like some previews are trying to stay away from calling it a Soulslike because that puts people off, but Black Myth has an equivalent to bonfires to set checkpoints, it has healing flasks, it has an XP loss mechanic, its main focus is the boss fights, and its combat is heavily timing based with dodges, perfect dodges, and stamina management. That all sounds very Soulslike to me. Even the gameplay footage I have watched looks very fast and aggressive, but aggressive in the same way Bloodborne was aggressive.

Time will tell how it actually feels to play as the previews are all over the place. 

• Like 2

Psn games - 

Remnant 2 (PS5)

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion (PS5, PS4)

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (PS5, PS4)

The Jackbox Party Pack 9 (PS5, PS4)

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (PS5, PS4)

No More Heroes 3 (PS5, PS4)

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Edition (PS4)

Deadcraft (PS4)

Steep (PS4)

And on the Classics side of things Summoner (PS2) and Jeanne d'Arc (PSP). Loved these two back in the day. 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Psn games - 

Remnant 2 (PS5)

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (PS5, PS4)

The Jackbox Party Pack 9 (PS5, PS4)

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (PS5, PS4)

No More Heroes 3 (PS5, PS4)

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Edition (PS4)

Deadcraft (PS4)

Steep (PS4)

Remnant 2 is superb. Well worth anyone's time.

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Remnant 2 is superb. Well worth anyone's time.

Is it a Souls-like game?  I don't like hard games lol.

Edited by ender4

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Psn games - 

Is this game any good?    I enjoyed FF7 Remake part1 if that makes it better.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Is this game any good?    I enjoyed FF7 Remake part1 if that makes it better.

It's a port/remake of a PSP game, and has some of the jankyness associated, although they did add QoL features. The best part is the story, so if you're really into the FF7 world it's worth a look, but the mission structure isn't great, and it features one of the most divisive characters in FF history...so not exactly an easy recommendation. If you go in to it expecting it to play like a ~15 year old handheld game you might be OK, just don't expect anything close to Remake/Rebirth on a gameplay level. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Considering the PS5 has been out for ages now, there's really not many games out for it are there?

Depends what you mean I guess.

There are loads of games for the PS5, just because they also release the same game on the PS4 doesn’t mean they aren’t PS5 games. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Depends what you mean I guess.

There are loads of games for the PS5, just because they also release the same game on the PS4 doesn’t mean they aren’t PS5 games. 

Yeah I guess I meant exclusives

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I guess I meant exclusives

It's a been a bit of a duff generation all ends up. What there is pretty good, there just ain't much of it, exclusives wise. 

It's a combination of things. A tacit decision not to focus on exclusives in favour of an extended cross gen period, a front loaded schedule of Sony IP releases, a move to releasing PC ports, and most importantly the pandemic **** the development cycle. It's also probably not helped by Sony obviously having a very set style for it's exclusives now being high end single player story divided titles(which are great and has worked for them) but which take forever to make and cost a ton, and the rumour that they decided to pump resources into service games right when they started to run out of stuff, and right when everyone realised service games are wank, which also probably threw their plans into disarray.

On the other hand Microsoft have been even worse.

• Like 1

i don't think its been that bad but then again my time available for gaming isn't there anymore, add to that the £70 costs of games im not overly concerned that im only playing 4 or 5 games a year, what they're putting out still manages to keep me going, to the extent that id say I've actually got the problem that I have a list of games i want to get through but haven't got time, i've just put 50 hours in to FF7 (leaving around 30 hours on the table for that game) i'll now put 30+ hours in to spiderman 2 and then i've got the last of us 2

the pandemic is still a key factor, if they're now saying the development cycle is taking 5+ years then we're still feeling the downtime

and also its not as bad as people make out, the summer is always shit so this time of year is always quiet but this year they've already had helldivers, FF7, rise of the ronin, foamstars, stellar blade, pacific drive, ultros and they've still got concord, silent hill and astro bot to come

Look at just some of the PS5 games released last year and there's some fantastic stuff there:

Spiderman 2

Hogwarts Legacy

Balders Gate 3

Star Wars Jedi Survivor

Final Fantasy 16 

Assassins Creed Mirage

Resident Evil 4 remake

God of War 2 - Valhalla DLC

Diablo 4

Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty

Returnal

Dead Space

... plus all the usual stuff like FIFA, Football Manager, Call of Duty, F1 2023 and so on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Look at just some of the PS5 games released last year and there's some fantastic stuff there:

Spiderman 2

Hogwarts Legacy

Balders Gate 3

Star Wars Jedi Survivor

Final Fantasy 16 

Assassins Creed Mirage

Resident Evil 4 remake

God of War 2 - Valhalla DLC

Diablo 4

Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty

Returnal

Dead Space

... plus all the usual stuff like FIFA, Football Manager, Call of Duty, F1 2023 and so on.

Stevo was mainly talking about exclusives. There are lots of games, but the majority are also on Xbox and PC, so if someone is looking at exclusives as a barometer for their console purchase being worth it then current-gen has been mid. For instance, I mostly play games on PC, it's just what I grew up with. That said, I also have a PS5 and Series X, but the PS5 barely gets used because the number of exclusives each year is already pretty low, while the number of them that appeal to me is even lower. So, I can definitely see where Stevo is coming from. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if there is a seperate thread for this. I looked but couldn't find one, so apologies if there is.

I just took advantage of the price drop to get PSVR2. I have PSVR so this will be an upgrade. 

Firstly, to whet my anticipation for delivery, has anyone played on both iterations, and if so how much better is PSVR2 than the first?

Second, what are the must have games for it? I have a few in the library which have been upgraded to work with the new kit, but I was sad to hear Blood and Truth is not one of those, because it was freaking awesome. 

Any new ones?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â