Playstation 5

villarule123

I think we are past the tipping point on the digital by default model.  PC games have been working that way for twenty years and the last two generations of consoles have all but seen off the trade in your old games to buy new ones that was so prevalent from PS1 to Xbox 360.  Places like Game and Gamestation just don’t exist anymore and CEX is holding on by a thread.   

• Like 2

PlayStation 6 will likely have a Disc Drive add-on, but it'll likely only be for legacy media (PS5, PS4, Blu-Ray). 

I can also see that add-on only existing for a few years into the lifecycle of the PlayStation 6 as Sony are already winding down their Blu-Ray business. I don't see them making Blu-Ray drives forever just so a smaller and smaller percentage of consumers can use their PS4/PS5 discs on PS6. I can see it being an early adopter privilege and then it gets taken away later on. We have precedent for that too as there are people with PS3's that can natively play PS2 games, but the majority of people don't have a PS3 that can do that. Sony are not opposed to facilitating something for a limited time. 

It's all change. The humble disc is about to go away. 

PSN games 

• The Plucky Squire – PS5 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Under The Waves – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Night In The Woods – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Chernobylite – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Wild Card Football – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Space Engineers – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Road 96 – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Ben 10 – PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Far Cry 5 – PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)

Delighted with plucky squire, been keeping an eye on it for a year thinking I'd be paying £50 for it on the switch this month 

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

PSN games 

• Under The Waves – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Night In The Woods – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Wild Card Football – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)
  • Space Engineers – PS5, PS4 (Extra, Premium – Available from September 17, 2024)

Delighted with plucky squire, been keeping an eye on it for a year thinking I'd be paying £50 for it on the switch this month 

Under the waves looks good. I'm a sucker for interactive story, like Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, Gone Home, and Deliver us the moon. If they are good. I kinda keep thinking about the Oxenfree games. Loved those.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

PSN games 

Terrible month for me.  I’ve not heard of any of the games and am not interested in indie games. 

I think every month should always include 1x AAA game, even one 2-3 years old.  

Far Cry 5 doesn’t count as that was already on PS Plus a little while ago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Terrible month for me.  I’ve not heard of any of the games and am not interested in indie games. 

I think every month should always include 1x AAA game, even one 2-3 years old.  

Far Cry 5 doesn’t count as that was already on PS Plus a little while ago. 

They kind of stopped that happening though when they did the ps collection at the start of it

Not sure what AAA games there are left to do, last of us 2 is the only big one that never made it on there 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure what AAA games there are left to do, last of us 2 is the only big one that never made it on there 

True not many left apart from newer titles, but from the top of my head:

Older COD games

Cyberpunk 2077

Mass Effect 4

God of War Ragnarok (2 years old now)

Resident Evil 4 remake?

Resident Evil Village

Plague Tale 1

Elden Ring (is that 2 years old now?)

Edited by ender4

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

30th anniversary edition anounced.

i think thats nice, dread to think how much that pro is though, probably a grand.

They're only making 12,300 30th Anniversary PS5 Pro Consoles. So, it'll likely be £1000-£1100 for the bundle at retail and then £10,000+ on eBay when it gets scalped to shit.  

Good luck to anyone that wants one. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â