Playstation 5

villarule123

I meant nobody wants these games as in nobody wants Sony to making them and focusing on them, as you say theres a huge market already, it's not what they should be doing, as such it's already caked in negativity which means anything even average to good is going to struggle 

People buy a ps5 for AAA story driven single player games 

Dunno if people have purposefully avoided concord on purpose because of this, there's a resistance to it

Maybe what Helldivers did better isn't the game itself (which it seemingly is) but more that it distanced itself from sonys service game masterplan 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2024 at 13:30, ender4 said:

I used to have Playstation Now and so when it merged with Playstation Plus i was grandfathered across at the original cost of £50 a year. 

Now i've had an email saying that the next payment for PS Plus Premium will come out from my credit card for £64.99.   

However if i look at my subscription on the actual PS5, it shows to pay for the next year is £129.99.

Which amount will they charge me?  For £65 i would renew, for £130 i would probably drop down a tier or two.

Yay, PS+ Premium renewed for £65 😀

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone managed to set up prime gaming on their ps5?

Seems unbelievably ass about it but they've got arcade paradise going for free and I want it 

I didn’t know that you could get Prime Gaming on a PS5.  Any other good games on Prime?

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I didn’t know that you could get Prime Gaming on a PS5.  Any other good games on Prime?

Few Lego games, some borderlands games, not had a proper look as I thought it was pc only 

'Technical Presentation' tomorrow at 4pm BST to reveal the PS5 Pro. I say reveal, it'll only be a reveal if you've been living under a rock. 

Curious to see how they market the PS5 Pro, as I think it’ll be a harder sell than the PS4 Pro was, especially at the price points I think they’ll be aiming at.

Rich people...

Didn't buy a PS4 pro either, I dont get them if I'm honest, waste of money, they'll give a sale pitch about how much better it is but in reality you'll need like a £5k+ TV to notice and that it's faster, the ps5 is fast enough as it is! Maybe one or two other features that I'd never use anyway 

They feel like cash grabs to me 

The only interesting thing will be which game they use to do the tech show, probably GoW and horizon, maybe death stranding 2

Tokyo game show in 2 weeks so would also guess they'll try and tie that in somehow, show as little as possible with more details there 

£700 and very small incremental improvements. Great if you've not got a PS5 already, but you'd need to have that money burning a hole to bother upgrading. 

Also not helped by the presentation basically being 'here's haha you played up to 4 years ago, looking marginally better!' and nothing new to sell it.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

£700, No vertical stand & digital only so another £100 if you want the disc drive add on, Seems expensive for a slight boost to performance on games that otherwise struggle to hit their desired target and some shinier reflections. Also getting into the "can actually get a reasonable gaming pc for that sort of money" territory

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Wow, i'd have thought it would be pretty much same price as the PS5 was at release - which i think was £500?

PS5 was £449.99 at launch for the Disc version and £359.99 at launch for the Digital.

Both consoles cost more than that today £479.99 Disc/£389.99 Digital because consoles go up in price this generation. First time ever that the consoles 4-years after launch are more expensive than when they launched.

The PS5 Pro price is stupid. 

£700 so that the cars reflect off each other on GT 

Mental 

Stand by it, beyond rich people with more money than sense who is this aimed at? It's a toy for the crowd that have to have the latest and greatest, stick a photo on insta to say you've got one then go back to playing FIFA 

How much for PS5 pro?  For the same money you could get a ticket to Villa vs Wolves and have a pint at half time.  

• Haha 1

PSSR being applied to PS4 games in kinda interesting, obviously we don't have any real examples of how that would work yet, but it seems it will be available, and it'll be applied to legacy games patchless too (apparently).

I did actually get a PS4 Pro; bought one on release, sold my PS4 to recoup some money after I had transferred stuff over, so it was something like a £150-200 upgrade effectively which at the time I was fine with. I certainly will not be buying a PS5 Pro, or disc drive, or stand. 

My main concern is that the price point for the PS5 Pro will be indicative of the price point for the PS6, and potentially a move towards a 'digital by default' model. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â