Playstation 5

villarule123

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

PSN games for August are Lego Skywalker saga, five nights at Freddie's and ender lollies

I'll play Lego 

Always fancied a go at FNaF so this will be a perfect (and cheap) opportunity. 

Posted (edited)
On 01/08/2024 at 21:04, villa4europe said:

Unfortunately I think you've got to assume this is them abandoning it...they'll flog the PC cables next and push you over there 

They clearly got the price point wrong. By all accounts sales have increased 3000% since the price drop. The demand is there I think.

Although I am gonna get the PC cable just to be safe.

Edited by Hobsons Choice

I used to have Playstation Now and so when it merged with Playstation Plus i was grandfathered across at the original cost of £50 a year. 

Now i've had an email saying that the next payment for PS Plus Premium will come out from my credit card for £64.99.   

However if i look at my subscription on the actual PS5, it shows to pay for the next year is £129.99.

Which amount will they charge me?  For £65 i would renew, for £130 i would probably drop down a tier or two.

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I used to have Playstation Now and so when it merged with Playstation Plus i was grandfathered across at the original cost of £50 a year. 

Now i've had an email saying that the next payment for PS Plus Premium will come out from my credit card for £64.99.   

However if i look at my subscription on the actual PS5, it shows to pay for the next year is £129.99.

Which amount will they charge me?  For £65 i would renew, for £130 i would probably drop down a tier or two.

If you're not sure then contacting customer support is probably the best course of action.

Especially when it comes to monetary things because Sony/PlayStation are one of the worst companies on the planet when it comes to refunds. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Wild Hearts
  • Cult of the Lamb
  • Ride 5
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Sword Art Online: Last Recollection
  • Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
  • Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
  • Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker

PSN games for the month, seen someone say demon souls is added too, also the 3 timesplitters games are on premium 

I tried with SAO, I really did...but nah. Was hoping it'd be a modern dot hack, but it certainly is not. 

On 14/08/2024 at 19:33, villa4europe said:
  • Wild Hearts
  • Cult of the Lamb
  • Ride 5
  • Watch Dogs 2

PSN games for the month, seen someone say demon souls is added too, also the 3 timesplitters games are on premium 

Hmmm, Witcher 3 obviously a great game but almost 10 years old now and surely everyone has played it by now. 

A bit of a poor month between Essential and Extra ( though Demon Souls remake would make it better).

Dunno, it's one of them games that I played years ago and want to replay so I've been waiting for it but then at the same time it's so long I'm not sure if I ever will 

Been waiting for watch dogs 2 too

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dunno, it's one of them games that I played years ago and want to replay so I've been waiting for it but then at the same time it's so long I'm not sure if I ever will 

Been waiting for watch dogs 2 too

I had WD2 when it came out.  Just didn't click with me like the original did.  The ability to add virtually any NPC to your crew is a good idea but doesn't add the depth it should.

7 hours ago, dubbs said:

I had WD2 when it came out.  Just didn't click with me like the original did.  The ability to add virtually any NPC to your crew is a good idea but doesn't add the depth it should.

That was Watch Dogs Legion wasn't it?

On 14/08/2024 at 19:33, villa4europe said:
  • Wild Hearts
  • Cult of the Lamb
  • Ride 5
  • Watch Dogs 2

Do you need the highest subscription for these? 

Edit - I'm on essential

Edited by troon_villan

7 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Do you need the highest subscription for these? 

Edit - I'm on essential

No, the middle one which I think is extra

Timesplitters you need the highest one 

My basic understanding of it is all 3 tiers get the 3 games added at the start of the month* (the Lego Skywalker post above) and can play online, the middle tier get the 10 odd games added in the middle of the month**, the top tier get classic games a game trials

* These are only available for one month but click "add to library" and then you have them available later on

** These are available until they take them off 

• Thanks 1

They've taken Concord out back and blew it's brains out. Spectacular flop. 

Everyone could see it coming, looked appalling from the get go, but turns out releasing a hero shooter when nobody wants to play a hero shooter is possibly worse than releasing a looter shooter when nobody wants one, ala Suicide Squad. They've killed it just over a week from release having sold 25k copies.

By all accounts as a game it's alright but nothing special and just had a really, really tired tone and look that wasn't going to stand up against F2P behemoths already established.

Sometimes they just don't help themselves do they?

They had he fanfare at whatever live stream it was, showed some terrible gameplay footage which killed it there and then and then didn't support it's actual release, they must have known for a few months it was a dead duck hence why they didn't market it and now why they've pulled it so quickly 

I'd guess they'll find a way to monetise it and kick it out for free via PSN+ in a few months time 

They got lucky with Helldivers, no one wants these games 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They got lucky with Helldivers, no one wants these games 

The issue isn’t that no one wants these games because the market for these games is huge.

For instance, Call of Duty is an easy one to use as an example because data was released as part of the ABK x Microsoft investigation by the FTC.

The info showed Call of Duty, which is a live service game, had 35.7 million daily active users (DAUs) on mobile, 17.5 million DAUs on PC, 11.2 million DAUs on PlayStation, and 5.6 million DAUs on Xbox. So, 70 million gamers log in and play Call of Duty Multiplayer or Warzone every day of the week.

The same numbers are likely true of Fortnite, Roblox, Minecraft, League of Legends, to a lesser extent Apex Legends, Counter-Strike 2, and DOTA 2. We can likely also put GTA Online in with those because the game has sold over 200 million units, so even if only 30% (random number) still play daily, then it would also be one of the most played online games.

So, what this tells us is there is a massive audience for live service games. I mean, there is a generation of gamers that grew up with live service games and don’t play “traditional” games. The issue with live service is they are infinite, but there is a finite number of hours in a day. This creates a sort of “anchoring” effect where players will play Fortnite for thousands of hours, they will complete years’ worth of battle passes, they will have bought dozens of premium skins, and this will force them to keep playing Fortnite. They are anchored by their own sunk cost. Every single player of a live service game is in this specific situation. It’s the same for a kid that has thousands of hours in Warzone and loves playing as Snoop Dogg, which they bought for £24 on the premium MTX store. Does Concord have Snoop Dogg? Does Fortnite have Snoop Dogg? No, so that kid will play Warzone forever.

What we’re seeing is a highly lucrative genre that is very, very popular. I’d say close to 400-500 million gamers log in to one of the major live service games daily, which makes live service tempting for every company in this industry. So, what we’re effectively seeing is companies play the lottery in real time. A live service game that breaks through and succeeds will generate £1-2 billion a year for the first few years on the market from a £100+ million budget. That’s the kind of money that solves all financial planning at a mid-sized company for years. Fortnite took Epic Games from a company worth $800 million in 2012 to a company worth $32 billion today. Succeeding is the hard part, but it hasn’t stopped everyone and their dog from trying.

I am very curious to see if the failure of Concord will make Sony nervous as PlayStation Studios has quite a few live service games in development. Last I checked, they were working on 12 of them, with 6 of them planned to launch before March 2026. Concord was one of them, Fairgame$ and Marathon are two more that we know about. I assume they count Helldivers 2 in that total of 6, which succeeded for a couple of months but didn’t really cement itself at the top of the live service sphere. Two are left unaccounted for, but I do wonder if Sony is nervous, as I would be.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â