Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I think he can come across as a bit of a prick at times but more in a "loses control of his emotions" kind of way and not in a "he's just naturally a prick" way like say Joey Barton or Bruno Fernandes.

But the important thing is he's our prick.

Edited by Mantis

32 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You need a thicker skin if nobody's ever had a bad day in your direction in a professional context. It **** happens.

A camera being on the field pointed at him is nothing new. The loss (for the national team) is the new bit. He needs the thicker skin and not to be hitting cameras. The camera will be pointed at you for like 5 seconds, just remain stoic, walk off field, be pissed later.

Edited by 479Villan

7 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Love him so much , but both goals today his doing.

Thought first one was poor by his standards, although he might have been slightly unsighted as the ball went through the defender’s legs. Others were more to blame IMO, but we’ve seen him make those saves before.

Second one, what do you think he should have done? Claimed the ball or made the save?

Edited by KentVillan

16 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Love him so much , but both goals today his doing.

I don't think you can blame him for the goals at all, these aren't a keepers fault but hes one of the best in the world and we expect him to do better more times than not.

It's questionable if he can come get the cross on the second but it's a good ball in.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

He also might have got a slight touch on that DCL shot that hit the bar. I've watched it back and it's hard to tell.

Wouldn't be surprised. He's **** brilliant.

But those two goals, plus the Partey one...sorry, he should be doing better.

Guarantee he'll think that as well. As soon as that (very good) free-kick was hit I thought keepers.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't be surprised. He's **** brilliant.

But those two goals, plus the Partey one...sorry, he should be doing better.

Guarantee he'll think that as well. As soon as that (very good) free-kick was hit I thought keepers.

Could have taken half a step forward from his starting position and just caught it. 

For some reason he backed away onto his line.

47 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He also might have got a slight touch on that DCL shot that hit the bar. I've watched it back and it's hard to tell.

I think he did based on fist pumps and I think Konsa praising him afterwards.

I thought the first goal was poor couldn't believe it crept in but in replays he come through legs. No chance.

Seems with the change of goalkeeper coach he dosen't come out and dominate his six yard box like in the early years under Cutler.

Of course it's horrible marking but DCL seemed to just head it in from inside the six yard box?

First goal he could've done better aswell I think.

Great in the final stages though when we needed him to be on the crosses and slowing things down.

Think he got his positioning wrong for the second goal by shifting too far to the right before attempting the dive - DCL shouldn’t be making that header though. He’s way too slow to react to McNeil’s shot. But he’s just too good and too influential for us. Every top class player has an off day. 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Thought first one was poor by his standards, although he might have been slightly unsighted as the ball went through the defender’s legs. Others were more to blame IMO, but we’ve seen him make those saves before.

Second one, what do you think he should have done? Claimed the ball or made the save?

For me come out and punch it and  command the area. As people said tho set pieces nemesis of us free header.

Edited by ozvilla28

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â