Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Been accused of hitting a cameraman in Colombia after they lost. Havent seen footage but seems mixed opinions on it online

Can he not have one calming international break 😂

Weird story. Firstly the headlines that he 'slapped a cameraman' are a bit misleading; he slapped the camera, not the guy himself. Also this article quotes the cameraman as both being 'very angry' and 'assaulted' by Emi, but also saying "I wanted to tell you it is all good, my brother".

Personally, I've always felt the accusations that Emi is a bad person or a poor role model off the pitch not credible, the way he conducts himself in interviews etc. is great. However, slapping the camera in this instance is not a good look.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Weird story. Firstly the headlines that he 'slapped a cameraman' are a bit misleading; he slapped the camera, not the guy himself. Also this article quotes the cameraman as both being 'very angry' and 'assaulted' by Emi, but also saying "I wanted to tell you it is all good, my brother".

Personally, I've always felt the accusations that Emi is a bad person or a poor role model off the pitch not credible, the way he conducts himself in interviews etc. is great. However, slapping the camera in this instance is not a good look.

You have to understand that Argentinians on and off the pitch are completely different people. The Uruguayans are really similar - interesting article about their sporting attitude/culture here: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2020/08/12/garra-charrua-and-the-psychology-of-uruguayan-football/ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayEm said:

I've heard that Emi out and about is a real nice guy. Always takes time to sign autographs or take photos with fans. 

Probably more to this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Saw the footage a few days ago. He really does give it a whack to be fair.

Great guy. Great goalkeeper but when he gets on the pitch and his eyes glaze over he's a real prick.

Apparently El Hadji Diouf was a lovely guy off the pitch. For some people,  they cross an inner line as well as the sideline  when they get on the pitch - but much better that way round.

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

Pretty weird way to justify being a word removed to someone doing their job.

I wouldn't want a camera shoved in my face after a loss. He slaps the camera away, he doesn't do any harm to the human being. You need a thicker skin if nobody's ever had a bad day in your direction in a professional context. It **** happens.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â