Emiliano Martínez

hippo

8 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Random thought, it’s a lot easier for a club to ‘retire’ the #23 shirt than the #1 shirt…..

What do you think Emi/us has to win in the next 5 years to make that a reality? 

4 Champions League trophies, 3 Premier League titles, 2 FA Cups and 1 League Cup.

14 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Random thought, it’s a lot easier for a club to ‘retire’ the #23 shirt than the #1 shirt…..

A cup and a League title would secure it. I can see us pushing for the title over the next few years if we can continue to grow off the pitch as much as on it. We've got a spine of players who wouldn't look out of place in a CL/title winning side and we're filling it out as quick as we can within the rules, whilst also improving the players we already have. 

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

41 appearances and sold for £20m should do it

Chelsea will have to be having players with numbers in the 100's on their back with this ethos. 

Actually, maybe not, 21 appearances would be a stretch for most of them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Guy is already a legend for me.

He also achieves what he says will happen.

Pretty sure when he signed his last contract he said we'd be playing in europe soon enough and we did that in 22/23. After the Brighton game he got the mic and shouted "Champions league next" and that happened.

He's now changed his number to match his Argentina one so we can win a trophy and I fully expect that to happen in the next five years.

Total and utter winner. For so long we've deep down envied those niggly players who we dislike for other teams but ultimately they're the ones at the end of the season winning stuff.

We have one of the World's best playing for us for another five years who exactly fits that mould.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jenko#4 said:

FA cup final penalty shootout saving two as in the Lille game feels the most iconic way to do it.

Great news for us but barely passed by with a whisper in the news. We were strapline news on both BBC and Sky 😖

Compare this announcement with Bruno Fernandes signing an extension last week where Sky and the Beeb went typically overboard on it.

This is the (official) world number 1 goal keeper committing his significant future to us! 

Oh well - so chuffed for the club and Emi! 

• Like 2

This is fantastic news, but Lord if he wasn't ours I would hate him, mad as a box of frogs

Reminds me of when John Terry played for us, always thought he was an arrogant prat , but then he was our arrogant prat 

Obviously Emi wants to win a cup with the Villa and we have more chance of doing this with him onboard

What a great day when Deano stole him for £17m

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Remember when the media thought emery and martinez fell out and we were trying to sell him

It must hit them like a sledgehammer that he plays for us and not a sky favourite club.  They probably lie in bed at night sweating and unable to sleep, constantly chuntering about it the poor lambs.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, nick76 said:

and both of his kids will have strong Brummie accents by the end of the five years 😂

Bostin!

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Great news for us but barely passed by with a whisper in the news. We were strapline news on both BBC and Sky 😖

Compare this announcement with Bruno Fernandes signing an extension last week where Sky and the Beeb went typically overboard on it.

This is the (official) world number 1 goal keeper committing his significant future to us! 

Oh well - so chuffed for the club and Emi! 

Meh, **** em.

12 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

I'm not a fan of retiring numbers at all.

It should be a huge honour for the next #23 to wear the shirt.

I get what you're saying though that as it's not a 1-11 number it would be easier done.

22 hours ago, nick76 said:

and both of his kids will have strong Brummie accents by the end of the five years 😂

They were born here, weren't they? 

They probably already have. 

Must be great to be able to go into school and say "My dad's the world's best goalkeeper". 

15 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

never retire a shirt.

make it a legendary shirt that future goalkeepers strive to wear. 

'I took the shirt after Emi Martinez'.

Also, I have no doubt that eventually there will be a better goalkeeper. Maybe in a 100 years, but eventually it will happen. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

They were born here, weren't they? 

They probably already have. 

Must be great to be able to go into school and say "My dad's the world's best goalkeeper". 

Yeah I meant it will be locked in them for life after the time being here already plus another 5 years. 😁

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â