Emiliano Martínez

hippo

This should continue to give us an edge in the south American market as well. Martinez is probably the second most popular Argentina player and one of the best known on the continent.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

This should continue to give us an edge in the south American market as well. Martinez is probably the second most popular Argentina player and one of the best known on the continent.

IMG_6506.thumb.jpeg.ad11a17af8adde08d5acddead3fb09ce.jpeg

• Haha 2

Speaking at the Villa Store, he said: “With Damian (Vidagany) and Monchi, they made an effort for me. Obviously since I joined the club my dream was to be in the Champions League. We achieved that so I decided to sign a new deal here.”

After the cheers and applause died down, Martinez continued: "I feel like the club is moving forward and forward every year. I can win a trophy here and something that is missing for this club. I will have a go for the next four years to do that.

"I became the best in the world here and I want to continue developing. I have an amazing goalie coach and manager. We have made some good signings, we sold Dougie (Luiz) but signed Ama (Onana).

"Defending the goal at Villa Park, it gives me excitement. I get goosebumps at Villa Park when I hear my name. I feel the same love here that I feel with the national team so why change?

"This club hasn’t played Champions League for over 40 years. It’s a massive club, a huge club. It is an amazing club. Playing Champions League is one of my dreams here.

"Last season we played in the semi-final of the Europa Conference League, we came close before so why can’t we do it this season?"

Later in the event, Martinez was asked who he wants to face in the Champions League. He simply replied: "I don’t mind, I am thinking one in the final!"

• Thanks 2

I’d love to know what happened at Arsenal for him to totally switch on and actually become the player he is now. Soo long on that bench, not feeling it, more likely overlooked. He gets a half season and absolutely showcases what he really is, we get him and he becomes even better. 

I’d love to know where that surprise self belief came from. So many people would love to know this, for themselves 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d love to know what happened at Arsenal for him to totally switch on and actually become the player he is now. Soo long on that bench, not feeling it, more likely overlooked. He gets a half season and absolutely showcases what he really is, we get him and he becomes even better. 

I’d love to know where that surprise self belief came from. So many people would love to know this, for themselves 

Well for one he was ready for the opportunity. That’s the most important part. And was probably ready for a while. Villa just gave him the green light to do what he does best and the rest was history.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â