Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It was the opposite. All of his penalties have gone the other way, ie the way Emi dived

Don't think it was, graphics showed Paquetas pens to Emis right, Emi dived left. 

Was also confused why he dived the opposite way.

• Thanks 1

Just now, rodders129 said:

How did Raya get in the PFA team of the season ahead of Emi??

If I were to guess and I've not remotely looked up any stats to back this argument up, I imagine it would be that Raya probably had a lot more clean sheets last season. Seems to be a key metric how goalkeepers are judged, even if it does completely ignore that defenders play a huge part in that too. Tho, as i said, not looked at stats to confirm that suspicion. 

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If I were to guess and I've not remotely looked up any stats to back this argument up, I imagine it would be that Raya probably had a lot more clean sheets last season. Seems to be a key metric how goalkeepers are judged, even if it does completely ignore that defenders play a huge part in that too. Tho, as i said, not looked at stats to confirm that suspicion. 

It's probably that - he did well for Arsenal.

Those kind of awards etc are always a bit weird because you're automatically boosted by playing for the better sides.  Phil Foden won Player Of The Season (or whatever it's called) which is both fine and understandable as he played a key role in helping Man City be the best team in the league... but also odd because Watkins was more integral for us in getting 4th, which was a harder achievement.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, supermon said:

Don't think it was, graphics showed Paquetas pens to Emis right, Emi dived left. 

If anyone has a replay I’d be very interested. I’m 99% sure the graphic showed all his pens going the way Emi dived but happy to be corrected 

9 hours ago, supermon said:

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If anyone has a replay I’d be very interested. I’m 99% sure the graphic showed all his pens going the way Emi dived but happy to be corrected 

Never mind, I did it myself. 
You are fake news 😏

IMG-7014.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â