Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 01/08/2024 at 00:06, M_Afro said:

This guy is our most important player by a mile. He wins us so many points. It always seems as though we concede bucket loads whenever he doesn’t play. He’s definitely the best GK we have had in my 40 years of watching us play. He could actually be the best player full stop during that time. McGrath is probably his only real competition for that accolade. Wrap him up in cotton wool.

This.

Imagine if he was English and had done for our national team what he has for Argentina.

Scenes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Signing for Benfica. 

Oh god, don’t, that’s how rumours start. I’m in the algarve and I’m pretty sure I just saw him with his wife… I didn’t want to bother them so didn’t say hello but 99% sure it was him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s not still on holiday?! Tell him to get his arse back to Bodymoor.

It certainly looked like him, and he’s about 6ft 4 so I reckon there aren’t that many that look like him that are that tall. I could be wrong of course!! 😂 

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It certainly looked like him, and he’s about 6ft 4 so I reckon there aren’t that many that look like him that are that tall. I could be wrong of course!! 😂 

Oh I don’t doubt you. Just hoping that our tournament lads are actually due to start training soon cos ours seem to be the last. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Oh I don’t doubt you. Just hoping that our tournament lads are actually due to start training soon cos ours seem to be the last. 

It does seem odd, but I suppose they need a break and to be with their families for a bit. 
Luckily it’s only Emi and Ollie isn’t it? In which case Emi won’t take long to get up to speed, and Ollie is machine. 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

It does seem odd, but I suppose they need a break and to be with their families for a bit. 
Luckily it’s only Emi and Ollie isn’t it? In which case Emi won’t take long to get up to speed, and Ollie is machine. 

They are human and haven't stopped playing for 12 months almost.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tayls said:

Hopefully will play a bit against Bilbao. 

I'd be surprised if any of the them play against Bilbao. Won't have even had 2 days training before that game starts. Probably looking at some minutes against Dortmund and that's it. 

• Like 1

The joys of them all reaching their respective finals I guess.

Although Konsa barely played, he'd have still been training and have needed to be match fit for that last game, and so it was a later finish for all 3 of them than 90% of the other players at the summer tournaments. 

I'd rather they got a full 3 weeks rest and a late return than were rushed back and broke down mid-season though. Even 3 weeks isn't really enough. Trying to maintain yourself at peak fitness for 49 weeks of the year is absolutely mental. It's definitely not sustainable.

16 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh god, don’t, that’s how rumours start. I’m in the algarve and I’m pretty sure I just saw him with his wife… I didn’t want to bother them so didn’t say hello but 99% sure it was him.

He has recently bought a house there.

• Like 1

Probably around Vale Do Lobo / Vilamoura area, as lots of players / celebrities own properties around the area. I’ve met quite a few during our holidays there.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Probably around Vale Do Lobo / Vilamoura area, as lots of players / celebrities own properties around the area. I’ve met quite a few during our holidays there.

I’ve been coming here for a while and have an apartment in Quinta Do Lago. Lots of players seem to go to Vilamoura but I never really liked it in the marina bit, but maybe there’s more to it. I suppose players are mostly young and I’m nearly 40! 😂 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â