Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

He’s going to cost over £100m… 

That’s about the going rate for his left hand. But what about his right hand?

59 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That’s about the going rate for his left hand. But what about his right hand?

Nobody specified that they’d be taking both hands… north of 300m should cover both I reckon. 

I think it’s important that until all the facts are known, we don’t jump to any conclusions over this. All we know is that he was there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

We’ve gone from ‘Emi may or may not have been present/involved on a bus during racist chanting’ to comparisons with farking rapists and calls for him to leave the club. 

Full on chicken oriental in here sometimes.

Nah, I’ve said the club need to have a word with him to find out what’s gone on.

If he’s involved, they’ll need to do something - particularly as he’d have been singing derogatory words about his own **** teammates.

But then I see you also kind of brushed it off as “there’s racism everywhere so, y’know, who cares really?” which I, personally, think is wrong. 

• Like 4

Just now, bobzy said:

Nah, I’ve said the club need to have a word with him to find out what’s gone on.

If he’s involved, they’ll need to do something - particularly as he’d have been singing derogatory words about his own **** teammates.

But then I see you also kind of brushed it off as “there’s racism everywhere so, y’know, who cares really?” which I, personally, think is wrong. 

No, I said the club should do exactly the same thing as you said they should do. I was suggesting people would benefit from a moment or two of thought before reaching for the rope and burning torches.

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

Right - but no-one has done that?

Full on chicken oriental though :D 

Comparing him to a rapist is nuts. Sorry, but it is. If you can’t see that then I don’t think there’s anything more to add. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Comparing him to a rapist is nuts. Sorry, but it is. If you can’t see that then I don’t think there’s anything more to add. 

It’s not comparing him, it’s the attitudes shown here around racism compared to domestic violence. Like, just bantz for the lads is ol’ racism.

We should be condemning it, not shrugging it off.

Best case, he loves the bantz and is a bit thick/tone deaf/didn’t think he’d get filmed (which I reckon is absolutely the case here FWIW), worst case he holds racist views and the club have got an issue to deal with.

I agree with @Davkaus in that they’re not going to get rid of such a high profile star, either way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s not comparing him, it’s the attitudes shown here around racism compared to domestic violence. Like, just bantz for the lads is ol’ racism.

We should be condemning it, not shrugging it off.

It would be very worrying if anyone had done that, but they haven’t - at least on this thread. 

• Like 1

From reading this thread this morning, it appears we've established that racism isn't banter or rape. I'm not sure what this has to do with Emi Martínez, let alone whether he was in the video footage.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â