Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Just listened to Canadian Pete on YouTube & he mentioned that Emi's agent has come out & said Emi nearly ended up at Man utd last season 🤔 1st I've heard of that..... 

1st anyone has heard of it I’d imagine. I’ve no idea who Canadian Pete is, but why would he have knowledge on this stuff and then only say it now?

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

1st anyone has heard of it I’d imagine. I’ve no idea who Canadian Pete is, but why would he have knowledge on this stuff and then only say it now?

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I mean I definitely, definitely would. And his wife is an absolute treacle too tbf.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Do you think there is a universe where,

Steve Bruce dose not have a cabbage thrown at him and he gets us promoted in first playoff final,

Meaning Dean Smith does not join us

Therefore Emi dose not join us

Argentina don't win all these competitions 

And finally Messi is not considered the Goat

???????

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Do you think there is a universe where,

Steve Bruce dose not have a cabbage thrown at him and he gets us promoted in first playoff final,

Meaning Dean Smith does not join us

Therefore Emi dose not join us

Argentina don't win all these competitions 

And finally Messi is not considered the Goat

???????

Or hawk eye doesn’t fail for the first time in over 9,000 games. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

His agent was talking about it a while back - but in a good way, where he had said to him “…but you could become a legend if you win the CL with Villa.” So not typical agent talk - although very likely part of negotiating a payrise.

3 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

With Ederson going to Saudi.. I think we should all prepare for Man City coming in for Martinez?

He’s going to cost over £100m… 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

With Ederson going to Saudi.. I think we should all prepare for Man City coming in for Martinez?

No Ortega wants to be No1 and reports are if Ederson leaves he will be the No1 and new backup signed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

I think Ortega has proved himself worthy of being City's #1 for at least a season

Yeah. And hopefully Martinez will want at a season of playing with Villa in the CL, given how important a part he played in getting us there and how much he wants to be a club legend.

I’d be gutted if he left after that, but I don’t think I’d hold it against him.

• Like 1

How I think it will pan out.

We´ll sign a no 2 keeper this summer, maybe that brazilian lad we were linked to a while back. Bed him in, get him a couple of cup games and so on.

Martinez will have a great season for us, keeping up his great standards and be one of the worlds best keepers this season. After this Champions League season Martinez will be one of the big sales we'll do next summer. Martinez will like to move on to an even bigger stage (club wise), Aston Villa will be fine with that, kind of a gentlemans agreement. Emi has been here for about 5 years and we wouldnt be where we are without him and he wouldnt be where he is without us. He will leave with the clubs blessing (and for a big fee) and always be a club legend!

Next season (25-26) the no 2 keeper will step up as the club seems to plan this sort of stuff in advance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

We´ll sign a no 2 keeper this summer, maybe that brazilian lad we were linked to a while back. Bed him in, get him a couple of cup games and so on.

Martinez will have a great season for us, keeping up his great standards and be one of the worlds best keepers this season. After this Champions League season Martinez will be one of the big sales we'll do next summer. Martinez will like to move on to an even bigger stage (club wise), Aston Villa will be fine with that, kind of a gentlemans agreement. Emi has been here for about 5 years and we wouldnt be where we are without him and he wouldnt be where he is without us. He will leave with the clubs blessing (and for a big fee) and always be a club legend!

Next season (25-26) the no 2 keeper will step up as the club seems to plan this sort of stuff in advance.

Emi will stay here for the rest of his career, become captain and win the premier league and champions league with us.

He'll have a statue built outside the new 80,000 seater Villa Park Arena.  Villa are a big club mate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

My eyes hurt at how much we'd ask for. It would be minimum £150m.

They'll be no PSR worries for a few years at least.

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

My eyes hurt at how much we'd ask for. It would be minimum £150m.

They'll be no PSR worries for a few years at least.

Might sound odd, but City could have difficulty signing players with the shadow of 115 charges hanging over them.  Is someone like Martinez going to leave us and sign for City on a 5 or 6 year contract when they potentially could be stripped of titles and relegated?  

• Like 1

I would be surprised if City identified Martinez as Edersons replacement - City and Guardiola priority a goalkeeper good with his feet over a great goalkeeper. Martinez has impdoved massively at this and now has decent technique and fine passing but not near Edersons levels.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â