Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Posted (edited)

It’s BS, agent crap and clickbait headlines.

He doesn’t speak for Emi anyway. A non story and probably wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t talk him up and make sure his client is getting as well paid as possible.

Even Emi’s dad commented on him being “worried” about his son and “the cold weather”. That he would maybe prefer him at a bigger club and in a warmer climate.

They don’t appear to “get it” or fully understand his love for and attachment  to the club.

Only Emi speaks for himself, and he’s made his intentions quite clear on a few occasions:

I can see him with us for the rest of his career and later either taking on a GK coaching role or returning to Argentina to wind down during the final stages of his playing career…

I don’t think anyone has quite shown the passion (and loyalty? dedication?) for our club that Emi has, in recent times, which is quite remarkable or surprising consider he isn’t “one of our own” in the typical or traditional sense - but he really has become that and more. He’s shown others how to do or become that…

Genuinely world class, the best and most difficult to replace (and biggest personality within the squad, clearly the most inspiring) or most important player we have.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Just sounds like an agent pushing for a further pay rise. I don't blame him. 

He's got going anywhere.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

He's got going anywhere.

Also an agent saying “I tell him to stay at Villa and be their Maradona” - nice one that man 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Townley with a, surprisingly for some, more positive take:

OMG in one of those quotes he implied we’re not a big club. He’s disrespecting us just like <insert name of journalist here>, burn him!!!

(Don’t actually burn him; he’s the one member of our team I don’t think we could even come close to replacing)

I do wonder if Emi might relish one final challenge in another league. He’s continued his success as an international keeper and he will play in the champions league for us next season, I guess it depends how we do. Pure guess work on my part of course and I want him to retire as a Villa player, but he might have other ideas.

He’s going nowhere. Chill, Winstons. 

I really think he’s a loyal man who massively respects the platform Villa gave him after spending so many years on the periphery at Arsenal, out on loan and struggling to get a start. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Martinez is a loyal person wouldn't worry about bs talk from his manager.

So do you think if an 'elite' club came in for him he'd turn them down?

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

So do you think if an 'elite' club came in for him he'd turn them down?

Dont know why villa fans do this to themselves 

If city sell ederson to Saudi and come for emi for £80m then he's playing for man city next season

All this loyalty and loves the villa stuff, it means nothing in modern football

Fortunately I don't think they are coming for him, don't think anyone is 

• Like 4

I think him and the Villa staff set high targets together, and Emi would probably feel ok leaving if we didn’t hit them, but finds extra joy being in and being the driving force behind an improving team. 

Posted (edited)
On 06/07/2024 at 00:29, Wezbid said:

He's got going anywhere

All he had to do was ask, we ain't gonna say no lol.

Edited by TreeVillan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â