Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I would understand it if we had just signed him this summer...... How many Arsenal or United player would have their previous clubs referenced if that article was about them, it's simple...none of them.

If we had signed him from South America would they reference his former club?

5 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Just read the article on BBC sport website where they start of calling him the Villa keeper but further down the article he becomes the former Arsenal keeper.....WTF

Talk about touchy

5 hours ago, turvontour said:

Does he have a perfect shoot out record or has he lost one?

He's 4-0 with Argentina's main team.

1-0 with you guys.

1-1 with Arsenal.

0-1 with Argentina U-17 (but he stopped Coutinho's penalty with his foot, check it out):

https://x.com/alejandrocsome/status/1603588879260401664?t=wBozYj2FLX-oRE4t4pD4fA&s=08 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Literally the first two words of that BBC article are Aston Villa….

“Aston Villa goalkeeper Emi Martinez was the hero as Argentina booked their spot in the Copa America semi-finals with a 4-2 penalty shootout win over Ecuador“

What a pathetic thing to get wound up by.

• Like 3

Article says his ‘representative’ talked to the media and said they don’t know if he will stay at Villa and are in talks because he is so important to our project. 
Im guessing he wants a pay rise.

I suppose the question is which of the elite clubs need a goalkeeper. City perhaps although Pep apparantly said something like Ortega will be the #1.  Saudi Pro League could be a possibility given that Emi wouldn't have earned that much - relatively - throughout his career. 

Most likely scenario is he renews and becomes on par with the club's highest earners. 

40 minutes ago, Isa said:

I suppose the question is which of the elite clubs need a goalkeeper. City perhaps although Pep apparantly said something like Ortega will be the #1.  Saudi Pro League could be a possibility given that Emi wouldn't have earned that much - relatively - throughout his career. 

Most likely scenario is he renews and becomes on par with the club's highest earners. 

I agree and he totally deserves it. He is our best and most important player. A new 4 year contract on big wages is long overdue. Make it happen Monchi.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I agree and he totally deserves it. He is our best and most important player. A new 4 year contract on big wages is long overdue. Make it happen Monchi.

joined in 2020, he had a pay rise and a contract renewal in 2022, his contract runs until 2027, not sure why people are intent on throwing bags of money around when it could be spent elsewhere on the squad.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

joined in 2020, he had a pay rise and a contract renewal in 2022, his contract runs until 2027, not sure why people are intent on throwing bags of money around when it could be spent elsewhere on the squad.

Because he deserves it and his value to us is immeasurable. If he feels under valued he may look to leave or start to under perform. He’s earned anything that comes his way in my view.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Because he deserves it and his value to us is immeasurable. If he feels under valued he may look to leave or start to under perform. He’s earned anything that comes his way in my view.

im not saying he isnt important, but his value isnt immeasurable, his value will have a very measurable factor to it.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Article says his ‘representative’ talked to the media and said they don’t know if he will stay at Villa and are in talks because he is so important to our project. 
Im guessing he wants a pay rise.

His rep has also apparently mentioned about him going to Man Utd last summer but they pursued Onana instead. I mentioned this previously as it was something I was told last year by someone whose daughter goes to school with Emi's son. Although, a few didn't seem to believe me when I posted that on this site. 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

His rep has also apparently mentioned about him going to Man Utd last summer but they pursued Onana instead. I mentioned this previously as it was something I was told last year by someone whose daughter goes to school with Emi's son. Although, a few didn't seem to believe me when I posted that on this site. 

I believe you.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

You don’t know how much of a pay rise he had when he signed his new 5-year contract two years ago.  He might already be one of our highest earners (after Digne of course).

Edited by ender4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â