Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I reckon minimum he will go for is 50m. Top keepers are hard to find and he is in the top 5 in the world at the moment

I think utd will make a big bid fof him in the summer. 

Is this the same Utd linked to being taken over by Qatar.

If this is the case i wouldnt entertain any bids less than 100m.

Take them to the cleaners.

Edited by AshVilla

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Is this the same Utd linked to being taken over by Qatar.

If this is the case i wouldnt entertain any bids less than 100m.

Take them to the cleaners.

I wonder is Emi might be a bit too sexy for Qatar?

Argentina star Emiliano Martinez reveals why he performed X-rated  celebration with World Cup Golden Glove trophy | The Sun

• Haha 1

All those saying the top clubs already have good keepers. This is how they stay top clubs.  If we assume Emi is in the top 3 keepers in the world now, a top club will want to move forwards even if they already have a great keeper. It's all about small gains at that level to keep ahead of ferocious competition. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

All those saying the top clubs already have good keepers. This is how they stay top clubs.  If we assume Emi is in the top 3 keepers in the world now, a top club will want to move forwards even if they already have a great keeper. It's all about small gains at that level to keep ahead of ferocious competition. 

He's not going to move to a club where he'll be second choice, that would be madness.

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Will probably be a record fee for a keeper when he goes. Is what it is. Since Jack left I no longer build any form of connection to players. If they're good they'll end up leaving. Best not to get too attached 

My concern is how many years of shit keepers we had before him and what we'd end up signing...

We are not getting 75 million for Emi, probably get 40-50 million for him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

He's not going to move to a club where he'll be second choice, that would be madness.

Of course not. He goes to a club who have what everyone agrees is a great keeper but the manager feels Emi is slightly better.  Hence they're moving incrementally forwards. 

Not sure how my post gave you the impression he goes there to be on the bench. 

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That Kelleher is supposed to be decent at Liverpool but I think we’ll go shopping in the Spanish league for our next keeper

Bazunu is much better than Kelleher and I think is younger. If going for an Irish keeper would go for him

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The top clubs dont splash cash on 2nd choice keepers though or for competition in that position. Man City signed a guy on a free, Arsenal got a guy from MLS and Spurs have Fraser Forster. United have took 2 keepers on loan this season

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

The top clubs dont splash cash on 2nd choice keepers though or for competition in that position. Man City signed a guy on a free, Arsenal got a guy from MLS and Spurs have Fraser Forster. United have took 2 keepers on loan this season

Aagghh. He doesn't go second choice, he replaces the already top keeper as he's seen as better. He's up for the FIFA World award FFS. I think he's much higher rated elsewhere than on VT. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Aagghh. He doesn't go second choice, he replaces the already top keeper as he's seen as better. He's up for the FIFA World award FFS. I think he's much higher rated elsewhere than on VT. 

Still the point though. Spurs for example arent going to pay Lloris 200k a week to be Number 2 

The only top goalkeeper position thats free is United or maybe Atletico and I dont think his sweeping is that good for ETH style

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Of course not. He goes to a club who have what everyone agrees is a great keeper but the manager feels Emi is slightly better.  Hence they're moving incrementally forwards. 

Not sure how my post gave you the impression he goes there to be on the bench. 

No club that already has. £50m+ keeper is buying another one.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Maybe but I doubt they are going to splash the cash for somebody who is about equal to what they have.  Ederson, Alison, Courtois, Ramsdale, De Gea, Donnarumma etc.  Emi is in the same class as them but not materially better to pay the huge fee he would command hence why I can only seeing Chelsea as an option and even then I’m not convinced they’ll be looking Emi’s way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Maybe but I doubt they are going to splash the cash for somebody who is about equal to what they have.  Ederson, Alison, Courtois, Ramsdale, De Gea, Donnarumma etc.  Emi is in the same class as them but not materially better to pay the huge fee he would command hence why I can only seeing Chelsea as an option and even then I’m not convinced they’ll be looking Emi’s way.

No chance he goes to Chelsea, they have the current holder of the FIFA best GK and the world record fee for a keeper. 

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

No chance he goes to Chelsea, they have the current holder of the FIFA best GK and the world record fee for a keeper. 

That’s only 2 keepers, you know they need 5 players for each position 😂

The only reason I leave Chelsea as the unknown is down to they are Chelsea and very unpredictable at the moment.  As I said though in a previous post, I think it’s highly unlikely he leaves, I just don’t currently see a destination for him with the barrier of either current keeper or cost depending on which club is mentioned.

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If we do lose Martinez, I do hope we go for another keeper who was in a similar position as Martinez was. That's how we'll get the best value. That's not going to be Pickford, even if Everton do go down. He's too high profile, too experienced at the top levels.

The people in for Pickford would also be in for Martinez in that scenario 

I think Pickford could end up at Spurs and he will see it as a step up, which it is. Emi won't leave for Spurs, he wants to win something not just battle to get CL football, he hasn't got time for that.

If I was putting money on it, I'd say he's likely to end up at Bayern. Neuer is turning 37 next month, he's currently out with a broken leg after going skiing during the mid-season break which is usually not allowed but I have no idea if Bayern approved it. Bayern have since sacked their goalkeeper coach who is a good friend of his and he then went and blasted the club in a public interview. He could be stripped of the captaincy and fined up to 2m euros. If they decide to part ways in the summer I think this is Emi's best chance.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

They don't keep both. They sell the other one and the gap between fees is manageable. 

Â