Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure why. The penalty taker gets to hop skip and jump to try and get the keeper to commit to a side. They can play games, why can’t the keeper?

Yeah agree with this, stop players doing staggered run ups, running slow, stopping before kicking. The goalkeeper is already at a disadvantage in a shootout. 

What they going to do send the keeper off in a shootout? 

11 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Yeah agree with this, stop players doing staggered run ups, running slow, stopping before kicking. The goalkeeper is already at a disadvantage in a shootout. 

What they going to do send the keeper off in a shootout? 

It happened in the MLS, the keeper got a second yellow, they couldn't make a substitution in a shootout so an outfield player went in goal and saved the winning penalty.  

The advantage is firmly with the penalty taker… I can’t understand why there’s any desire to make it easier to score penalties.

Emi’s supposed reliance shithousery is a coping mechanism for the French and Bruno Fernandes. The reason he does well in shootouts is he guesses the right way most of the time.

• Like 1

Poor for a couple of goals for sure...

When Kamara made the mistake Martinez really should have played the ball out wide away from danger; dropped him right in it there.

Him slowing things down and taking a few touches is obviously a tactic which we have to get used to but it's very risky and it bit us in the a** today!

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Back to last season's Emi. I wonder if Unai would actually like a keeper better with his feet, and football brain? I would.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s considered the likes of Unai Simon or Giorgi Mamardashvili of Valencia, if we are shopping around La Liga. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He needs to stop being so casual when playing out from the back - sold Bouba and Dougie short

Thought he'd sorted that in recent games - was putting more zip on passes out and across the back, which gave his teamates that crucial extra time when they received.

Today he was back to slow paced passes allowing opposition to get closer

We go 1-0 up and he plays like an absolute clearing in the woods. Honestly.

The time wasting. The slow distribution. The antics.

I come to watch football. Not a goalkeeper piss about making it all against himself.

And he does it regardless of the game or the oppo. We play some absolute trash and he's there after 20 minutes taking an age to take a goal kick. Slow distribution to defenders. No quick throws.

So poor.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Guy literally won us 7 points single-handedly in January. 

1 casual/poor game in February and people are slapping him and touting replacements. 

Piss off. 

We should bench him and start Olsen vs City 😂

Â