Emiliano Martínez

hippo

57 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Every club is a selling club. Real Madrid and Barca aside.

ok, let me rephrase it....

we've always been a feeder club....

and it will take a monumental investment, turnaround for us to break into the elite

Grealish last time, Martinez next....who after him

the so called big 6 have so much pulling power i doubt we will ever break into it.

No soon as you start to build a team or have players that shine, the big boys come knocking and the players heads get turned. They will buy players just for the sake of it and to break up a good thing/threat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

and it will take a monumental investment, turnaround for us to break into the elite

Let's worry about overtaking the likes of Brentford, Fulham, and Brighton before pre depressing ourselves about " breaking into the elite " lol

• Like 3

If we do sell some big players like Emi then i am confident it will work out far better this time.  When we sold Grealish and Spurs sold Bale it was selling the player that completely defined how we both played. 

This time we wouldnt be. I love Emi but if he goes for say 50 mill and we spent 30 on a new keeper then i would not be averse to it. 

If we sold Mings or Konsa then we will have Diego Carlos here as the rock to build the defence on. Theres a good chance Diego will be good enough. And we could buy a player to compliment him perfectly in a back 4 . 

People need to understand this.

It's no good moaning if another world class player wants to leave us....and yet at the same time just writing off tomorrow and indeed the rest of the season and meekly accepting we'll finish 12th-14th.

There is seemingly no great ambition to even finish top half and then we wonder why players used to good success at international level aren't quite invested so much in the project as two years back.

Winning games like tomorrow is the spark we need to have a good end of season run and I'm sure Emi will play a big part in it so we need others to step up now in other parts of the pitch.

On 16/02/2023 at 08:11, Delphinho123 said:

Fair point. But I’ll raise you Olsen, Kalinic, Nyland (wonder save vs. Sheff Utd aside).

Our best keepers in last 20 + years have all had big personality. Bozzy, David James was brilliant first season up to the final match and Guzan for that first season was also excellent before he declined. Friedel was solid for us aswell although I'd say he had more of an assured presence.

So Emi was always going to do well for us with his mindset and us giving him that platform to start every week he was never going to get at Arsenal.

The keepers above never had much presence so that's an issue for us if they make an error and the Holte End behind starts murmuring, plenty of keepers can shrink psychologically in that situation. 

I expect if we need another number one in the summer we'll look abroad but with Emi it's shown you can source a number two on fringes of top club and they can kick on. Ironcially one I've been impressed with is Matt Turner who replaced him pretty much at Arsenal. He was excellent for US in World cup and has looked solid for Arsenal in his cup games and he has a similar profile of being strong on collecting crosses. Not sure Arsenal will sell us another number 2 but you never know.

Keheller at Liverpool is reaching the point where he needs to move on from Liverpool I think. Again been trusted in the big cup games and won stuff but haven't seen enough to look at his overall ability.

Forest getting in Navas was interesting. I don't think someone like Dean Henderson would be a bad signing, he's played well at Forest, saving penalties and getting a good rapport going with the crowd so if he's on offer for 20m I'd expect us to be bidding. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â