Emiliano Martínez

hippo

So are we saying it’s ok to be disrespectful to us with the comments made?  Shall we let all of the first 11 be disrespectful without any comeback?  If he thinks he’s bigger than the club then it’s bye bye from me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think that was edited in some translations for effect. He wants to win Champions League not just compete in it, he already did that at Arsenal

So you are agreeing with what gwi said then? As you worded it as if you weren't :D

Tbf did he play much CL for Arsenal or was he mainly on the bench?

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Get your house in order before you start twerking for a move son.

He thinks he's a lot better than he is.

Maybe everyone brown nosing him after the WC will start to remember this now ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

So are we saying it’s ok to be disrespectful to us with the comments made?  Shall we let all of the first 11 be disrespectful without any comeback?  If he thinks he’s bigger than the club then it’s bye bye from me.

Agreed, I'd rather have a non-World Cup winning keeper who only has ambition to play mid-table PL football myself.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He thinks he's a lot better than he is.

Maybe everyone brown nosing him after the WC will start to remember this now ;)

Agree Tom13, but once again it’s ok for him to disrespect the Club, but supporters can’t comment back?  

1 minute ago, AVFCGB said:

Agree Tom13, but once again it’s ok for him to disrespect the Club, but supporters can’t comment back?  

Of course you can comment. But there is no loyalty in football. I have no idea how there were a few after the WC that claimed he was loyal and would never leave Villa. That level of loyalty very rarely (if at all) exists in football. Some people think it does though.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Agreed, I'd rather have a non-World Cup winning keeper who only has ambition to play mid-table PL football myself.

That’s not my point.  He wins the Copa and World Cup and now he’s too big for us?  How about seeing the journey out and maybe just getting there with us?  He’s out of order being disrespectful to the Villa. 

1 hour ago, AVFCGB said:

That’s not my point.  He wins the Copa and World Cup and now he’s too big for us?  How about seeing the journey out and maybe just getting there with us?  He’s out of order being disrespectful to the Villa. 

He said he wants to win the Champions League and its difficult for Villa as we are starting the journey

What part is disrespectful?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVFCGB said:

He's been here three years not three months. In that time we haven't even finished top half despite him keeping a ridiculous number of clean sheets in 20/21and not being that bad last season either.

How about this as a formula for keeping our best players? How about being on to the team to finish the season strongly instead of just meekly accepting poor runs in March-April.

We finish 8th-9th and it's an easier sell to keep key players as we're not that far away with 2-3 clever summer signings. Finish 14th again and they just can't see the point given the lack of motivation from others.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AVFCGB said:

U ok hun?

• Haha 1

As much as I love Emi, I wouldn't be too heartbroken if he left.

We'd (probably) get a world record fee for a goalkeeper for him, or at least in that ballpark. If we invested a good chunk of that in a proper replacement then we'd find ourselves in a good place.

Unai Simon would be my choice.

I think Emi's big problem is there won't be many, if any, clubs at the level who could afford his fee who will be looking for goalkeepers. Man Utd maybe? Other than that everyone is pretty sorted for first choice keepers

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As much as I love Emi, I wouldn't be too heartbroken if he left.

We'd (probably) get a world record fee for a goalkeeper for him, or at least in that ballpark. If we invested a good chunk of that in a proper replacement then we'd find ourselves in a good place.

Unai Simon would be my choice.

I think Emi's big problem is there won't be many, if any, clubs at the level who could afford his fee who will be looking for goalkeepers. Man Utd maybe? Other than that everyone is pretty sorted for first choice keepers

If they get taken over they could go on a Chelsea like spending spree

On 13/02/2023 at 01:17, maqroll said:

Makes the semi-regular mistake...he's a great keeper but not a God. 

We will do well here no matter what happens, and I think what will happen is we get £75m for him.

Felt he could have done better with a city’s second goal tbh. As great as he is, sometimes his reactions aren’t as sharp. 

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

If they get taken over they could go on a Chelsea like spending spree

Even if they don't, De Gea hasn't been up to it for a few seasons now and as good as Dean Henderson is I'm not sure he's good enough to be their number 1. Certainly not yet anyway.

So they could genuinely be in the market for a top keeper.

Everyone else is pretty set. Ederson at City, Alisson at Liverpool, Courtois, Neuer, Ter Stegen, Donarumma etc

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even if they don't, De Gea hasn't been up to it for a few seasons now and as good as Dean Henderson is I'm not sure he's good enough to be their number 1. Certainly not yet anyway.

So they could genuinely be in the market for a top keeper.

Everyone else is pretty set. Ederson at City, Alisson at Liverpool, Courtois, Neuer, Ter Stegen, Donarumma etc

Tottenham Hotspursy.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Tottenham Hotspursy.

I don't think they'd be paying the kind of fee we'd be looking at for Emi to be honest. And if they miss out on the Champions League then there's no chance he'd go there

Edited by Stevo985

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â