Emiliano Martínez

hippo

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think most of the noise is self generated by Villa fans getting their knickers in a twist. He is on a massive contract. He ain't going nowhere.

No, not just them......Quite a few pundits and Football people have waded in.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think most of the noise is self generated by Villa fans getting their knickers in a twist. He is on a massive contract. He ain't going nowhere.

It’s just empty speculation until Boxing Day. Emi’s going nowhere. 

The owners have just got in the top manager we’ve needed since forever so I highly doubt they’ll want to start cashing in on the world class player they already have in place, 2 months into a 5 year deal. Emi loves it here and has already stated on the record that he wants to repay the club and win trophies here as far fetched as that sounds right now but this guy has just proven you can do what you set your mind to.

He’ll be on a ridiculous high and will look to help kick us on now imo. Lets see how the squad looks after the January window, we might just be in good nick to have a crack at top 7 if we start this next set of fixtures well. I hope they are doing all they can behind the scenes to subtly let him know that we want him back for Liverpool. We could catch Plop cold under the lights at a packed Villa Park, and get 4 wins out the last 5. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would be more worried of Emi to Atletico than United. He would probably want to work with Simeone

Hopefully we can price them out of a move. I could see them going for that Moroccan keeper or Livakovic, they’d be cheaper options.

Edited by duke313

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

So there you have it. Now can we just relax and revel in having a top class keeper.

They’re all old quotes but I’m not worried anyway, what will be will be.

Anyway, Brighton have confirmed that macallister will have 2 weeks off. If we follow suit he will return to training the day of the Wolves game so unlikely to feature for Liverpool, Spurs and Wolves. Ouch.

59 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The owners have just got in the top manager we’ve needed since forever so I highly doubt they’ll want to start cashing in on the world class player they already have in place, 2 months into a 5 year deal. Emi loves it here and has already stated on the record that he wants to repay the club and win trophies here as far fetched as that sounds right now but this guy has just proven you can do what you set your mind to.

He’ll be on a ridiculous high and will look to help kick us on now imo. Lets see how the squad looks after the January window, we might just be in good nick to have a crack at top 7 if we start this next set of fixtures well. I hope they are doing all they can behind the scenes to subtly let him know that we want him back for Liverpool. We could catch Plop cold under the lights at a packed Villa Park, and get 4 wins out the last 5. 

It's about putting top class people/players in every position of the club. Goalkeeper is fine, need to hold in to him.

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

So there you have it. Now can we just relax and revel in having a top class keeper.

Deleted it, apparently it was an old quote from after Copa America.  The tweeter wasn’t clear about that as if it was a new quote…

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Say what you want, but Glove-dick-gate is undeniably a vast improvement on the last time a Villa goalie made an obscene gesture. 😬

Obergruppenführer Bosnich? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â