Emiliano Martínez

hippo

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You are right. The refs should take more control. For example, they should be the ones holding the ball and giving it to the taker.

Any messing around from the keeper, book them, they won't continue doing it then will they.

The players will do whatever they can to win but it is up to the governing bodies to install the rules and ensure that they are enforced.    What is allowed changes from league to league let alone countries and tournaments 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You are right. The refs should take more control. For example, they should be the ones holding the ball and giving it to the taker.

Any messing around from the keeper, book them, they won't continue doing it then will they.

If Martinez won us a final and behaved like that would you be annoyed? I don’t care how he behaves when you’ve players like pogba, Bruno fernandes etc doing silly run ups to the ball. Keepers are at a huge disadvantage now imo and mind games are the only control they have over the situation 

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

ITT I learn @Tom13 is Simon Jordan

“Martinez’s actions, I thought it was cheating, the holding of the ball and throwing it the other way,” he told talkSPORT.

“The goalkeeper’s actions, I don’t think it was gamesmanship, I don’t think it’s part of the game, I think it’s cheating.

He later added: “For a referee to allow the goalkeeper to manipulate the circumstances, to heighten the pressure, to increase it, I think was one of the shortcomings in that moment in time.”

https://talksport.com/football/1281407/

Absolute rubbish. But the player taking the penalty can run up and stop and put the ball the other way from which the keeper has committed to, that's fine.

He rolled the ball about 8 yards to the side.

• Like 4

Blame the ref for not clamping down, Emi is fully entitled to do that. Players find all kinds of dirty tricks to get advantages during penalties (E.g. the stupid stop and start technique). People are getting mad because it’s Argentina. I’m sure if Lloris did it, blowhards like Simon Jordan would have less to say about it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Jesus Christ, All these people saying he will leave now. What has he ever said or done that has indicated that he is unhappy at Villa? Nothing that's what, he loves Villa and is happy here. 

Get a grip people.

I hear you but, he's won everything at international level now. Maybe, he will now get a hunger for trophies at club level. If he feels Villa aren't close to that he may take that big move if he thinks he is going to a club that can pretty much guarantee those trophies. But, I do agree with you that he has never shown any desire to leave Villa and he does genuinely seem grateful to the club for resurrecting his career and love of the game. The good thing is, if he does leave, it will be for a load more money than we paid for him. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Blame the ref for not clamping down, Emi is fully entitled to do that. Players find all kinds of dirty tricks to get advantages during penalties (E.g. the stupid stop and start technique). People are getting mad because it’s Argentina. I’m sure if Lloris did it, blowhards like Simon Jordan would have less to say about it. 

Lloris wouldn't do it though, would he?

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Or Pickford, he'd be getting labeled a national hero.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Agreed, if it’s cheating for Emi to play mind games then it should be considered cheating for a player stopping his motion to deceive the goalkeeper during his kick. Also, Emi did get a yellow for his antics during the penalty shootout. So it’s not like they went unpunished.

• Like 1

Italian media making a big deal out of his phallic trophy moment. Wonder if that's the same elsewhere in Europe. In Naples at least he will be a legend for a very long time, Argentina victory celebrated all night down there!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â