Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Another great sign is the amount of vitriol and hatred towards him from other teams supporters.

I get the feeling he thrives on that sort of stuff. I'm glad though that we won't be playing against Mbappe any time soon.

5 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Jesus Christ, All these people saying he will leave now. What has he ever said or done that has indicated that he is unhappy at Villa? Nothing that's what, he loves Villa and is happy here. 

Get a grip people.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he is unhappy, and will come home from the WC and hand a transfer request in. 

Just that he will now be on the radar of Europe's top clubs, and if they need a keeper and are willing to pay what we are asking, he will go.

10 hours ago, useless said:

Why are people gassing on about him leaving, was barely a few months back that people were saying he was way out of form and now suddenly because he's won the world cup we won't be able to keep him, I bet as soon as he makes a mistake in a game people will be back to questioning him again or I'm no judge.

He was worth at least £70m to us before the World Cup, we could ask for much more now, only a few clubs could afford such a keeper of a keeper, it's all academic anyway as he's not for sale and not worth worrying about until he's reliably linked with a move away.

Signing that long term contract was so important to us. It's a bit like the Grealish situation in that regard.

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting he is unhappy, and will come home from the WC and hand a transfer request in. 

Just that he will now be on the radar of Europe's top clubs, and if they need a keeper and are willing to pay what we are asking, he will go.

This is fair but I’m so confident that he will stay at least another season that I will donate £50 to Acorns if I am wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is fair but I’m so confident that he will stay at least another season that I will donate £50 to Acorns if I am wrong. 

I think he will too, but by biggest concern this summer is Man Utd.  If they choose not to renew De Gea's contract (which is looking likely), then they will need a keeper.  And with Emi's reputation now at an elite level, and with him having PL experience it would be naive to suggest he won't be on United's shortlist to replace De Gea.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Jesus Christ, All these people saying he will leave now. What has he ever said or done that has indicated that he is unhappy at Villa? Nothing that's what, he loves Villa and is happy here. 

Get a grip people.

It's because every Internet football site is doing its very best to link him with a move to, from what I've seen, at least six other clubs. 

Wanky journalism for the gullible. 

He might leave he might not, but I don't think him winning the World Cup with Argentina will have much say in what happens, people talking as if he was some unknown beforehand, he was already one of the world's most highly rated keepers, so would have already been on other teams radars, and by the same token if he'd have had a poor World Cup that in isolation wouldn't have suddenly meant that no other team would want him.

Not sure what the fascination is with constantly talking about our players leaving, people were the same with Grealish, years before he actually left, one clickbait article would generate pages of discussion on the subject, not worth worrying about until we hear some reliable news of either another club putting in a bid or that he himself wants to move.

All we know for sure is that he's on a long-term contract, and only a select few clubs would be able to afford him and as such they would also be able to afford other top goalkeepers as well, so it's not as if he would be guaranteed to be first choice in the transfer market for any of the clubs that could afford him.

I think it's also different to the Grealish situation, a team could pay big money for Grealish and rotate him and probably get a big chunk of that money back in a few seasons if it didn't work out, whereas with Martinez he would have to play for the money he would cost and there wouldn't be a big sell on fee.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I dont think his kicking is good enough if brutally honest for a top team. He had something like 20 percent long pass accuracy in the tournament

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Get a grip people.

And even if he does. That's football..

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

And even if he does. That's football..

I dont think he's going anywhere, I just dont.

Other than that my heart says we shouldnt be selling him but my brain says if we have to, then arent we doing what VillaTalk fans are always complaining about that we dont make money onselling players.  If we had to sell him, due to him recently signing the contract, we can command a massive fee.  So my brain says it's superb if he stays but if he doesnt then we make a huge amount of money....win win situation. 

'Again I dont think he's going and I dont want him to go and there is no suggestion he could be, it's just us fans are fretting because of the attention he's getting and after the recent times of being burnt by Grealish leaving amongst others thus some are fretting.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â