Emiliano Martínez

hippo

It would be great to have a World Cup winner that was a key player but if it was somebody like Benteke who openly admitted he saw Villa as a stepping stone then you’d know he was off.  But Emi genuinely loves the club. From what I here, he and his family are very settled here and that’s very important to him.  I have no concerns at all about losing him.  He will continue to be a very key player in our continued growth. He may even be captain for it. 

Our Emi! 

• Like 2

Talk of Spurs wanting him makes me sick. The directions both clubs went in during fairly recent history is irritating.  Anyway, no way Levy would match any fee we put on his head.

I don’t think Emi will go anywhere anyway, he loves it here and we are part of the reason he’s playing in a World Cup final.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, claretman said:

Talk of Spurs wanting him makes me sick. The directions both clubs went in during fairly recent history is irritating.  Anyway, no way Levy would match any fee we put on his head.

I don’t think Emi will go anywhere anyway, he loves it here and we are part of the reason he’s playing in a World Cup final.   

History will say we've won exactly the same as them.

Tslm of spurs wanting him is surely just shit stirring ahead of emis Argentina vs lloris spurs

Spurs are stuck in a tricky position with lloris where he's good enough for where they are now but he's not good enough for the step they're trying to make, will they spunk £70m odd on a keeper? Hard to see it personally

We’ve have to be talking Allison type fee if not more especially if he wins the the WC. Legend in the making and best keeper since Bosnich…

That said, if we were to be offered that type of sum, GK is a vital position but IMO is easier to fill than others with quality… wouldn’t be overly concerned, though obviously pretty annoying. £60-70 mill for Martinez then £26mill on Bounou  would be savvy business in many ways. Be an interesting summer perhaps. 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Here's the bloke who said Spurs want Emi. Laughable. Ignore it all.

From 2016, but the guy hasn't exactly got his finger on the pulse.

I keep seeing this Dean Jones guy popping up everywhere. Lol.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Tslm of spurs wanting him is surely just shit stirring ahead of emis Argentina vs lloris spurs

Spurs are stuck in a tricky position with lloris where he's good enough for where they are now but he's not good enough for the step they're trying to make, will they spunk £70m odd on a keeper? Hard to see it personally

Its the same with De Gea, the other issue is they are on huge wages so while if they signed Emi they wouldnt be able to shift the starting keeper and they cant really afford to have 200-300k a week goalkeepers in the squad

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

He wouldn’t move to spurs - serial failures. He would go somewhere with a good chance of winning silverware. I just hope he sticks with us on our journey! 

He plays for Argentina who were serial failures before he started for them

I've no doubt he loves it here. He seems grateful we gave him his chance, and I think on the personal side every indication is his family likes being here.

But... If he wins the World Cup he will go. The absolute elite will come knocking, the teams that target winning things every year, the teams that pay really, really big money. And Manchester United. Which will be a huge shame. I love the bloke, he's everything you want in a keeper but he's also clearly a great guy and, as said, I do think he genuinely likes being at Villa and likes the club. I suppose the trade off if he did go is we'd be looking at an obscene fee - he's got a long contract and he'd be at the height of his profile and being courted by people that pay big fees as a matter of course. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've no doubt he loves it here. He seems grateful we gave him his chance, and I think on the personal side every indication is his family likes being here.

But... If he wins the World Cup he will go. The absolute elite will come knocking, the teams that target winning things every year, the teams that pay really, really big money. And Manchester United. Which will be a huge shame. I love the bloke, he's everything you want in a keeper but he's also clearly a great guy and, as said, I do think he genuinely likes being at Villa and likes the club. I suppose the trade off if he did go is we'd be looking at an obscene fee - he's got a long contract and he'd be at the height of his profile and being courted by people that pay big fees as a matter of course. 

I don't understand the " If he wins the World Cup he will go argument ".

So if he loses the World Cup, is he then not good enough for whatever clubs touted? Lol

I think we play alot of semantics which don't necessarily equate as fans.

I personally don't think he will go, but if he does, it will have to be for stupid money.

Emi is worth more to us than just a keeper, he's become part of our fabric for the future.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

17 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If he decides he wants to play CL and challenge for titles he will have to leave.

The whole "If he wins the WC" thing is silly, this tournament doesn't make Emi any better or worse than he was 4 weeks ago.

Think this is more important to him than Champions League. Playing for the national team is huge for Argentinians

I doubt Harry Kane would have broke international regulations and piss off his club for a cap

Â