The AVFC FFP thread

4 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Random thought I had - shouldn’t the 70%/80% Squad Cost only count players submitted in the squad for Europe?   So we could keep some players just for the Premier League and not have them count towards the UEFA Squad Cost… and vice versa for the PL Squad Cost as well.

29 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Can sell on clauses (such as Doug’s) be amortised? 

There was no sell on clause for Doug. Not a single real media outlet has reported it. 

Edited by CVByrne

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

City did have a 20% sell on clause for Dougie (£8.5m) 

3000 followers and what is Manchester world. 

Athletic and Fabrizio have reported previous amounts City made from sell in clauses and neither reported or mentioned anything for Doug. 

As such it didn't exist 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2024 at 16:35, Czarnikjak said:

You were right, as of 25/26 Premier League is also set to switch to cost control rules very similar to uefa (with main difference being 85% ratio for clubs that don't qualify for Europe). And I "think" (might be wrong on this) they will use a season and not a calendar year for their calculations.

BTW, the uefa rules where they look at calendar year and not at accounting period, will make it for us mortals almost impossible to predict what are situation will be. (At least I'm giving up on this, I'll let @CVByrne have a go at this 😊)

This is also why things being kicked further down the road presumably won’t be a problem - obviously still rules to comply with, but the different calculations mean that the little ‘insider trading’ we have seen between 5/6 clubs can just be a one-off this year.

Might still make sense in the new structure as well but then you’re looking at a different calculation.

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

80% of their revenue that makes it even tougher the next few seasonS for us ffs

To be fair at least it comes in when we will have had the previous season in the CL. We couldn’t ask for better timing from that perspective…

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair at least it comes in when we will have had the previous season in the CL. We couldn’t ask for better timing from that perspective…

Thats a very good point

If we can get past group stage the money would be great

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t believe this is the case, unless Michael Plant has a real scoop here.

Did some further digging, the clause is real as Ornstein confirmed it back in 2022. However, the source of 20% only comes from City sources. The sell-on certainly did influence the final price though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Did some further digging, the clause is real as Ornstein confirmed it back in 2022. However, the source of 20% only comes from City sources. The sell-on certainly did influence the final price though. 

I think it might have been removed when he signed a new contract because if it existed Ornstein and the Athletic would have reported it when he was sold last week. The fact nobody at all is mentioning it makes me think it's gone, possibly had a time limit of 4 years (which was his contract length) or we paid City to remove it when we signed Luiz to a new deal or.. it simply never existed at all.

• Like 1

Â