The AVFC FFP thread

I think we will see the sale  of the training ground with hotel planning permission or whatever brought in to play next year. Also renaming of stands at Villa Park or the park itself.

Edited by Follyfoot

In a series of statements over the last two days, the Bianconeri confirmed that Douglas Luiz was signed for €50m from Aston Villa.

At the same time, Juventus sold Iling-Junior for €14m plus up to €3m in bonuses and Barrenechea for €8m plus up to €3m in bonuses.

Calcio e Finanza point out that considering amortisation, salaries and profit margin, the sale of the two players has a beneficial effect of €20.1m on the balance sheet ending June 30, 2025.

Considering the purchase fee and salary of Douglas Luiz, reported to be €5m per season net, that will cost €19.25m in the same balance sheet, so they effectively cancel each other out.

Caveat  

The statements are very careful to point out that these are “separate and distinct transactions, both contractually and substantively.”

https://football-italia.net/juventus-aston-villa-triple-deal-questions/

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

In a series of statements over the last two days, the Bianconeri confirmed that Douglas Luiz was signed for €50m from Aston Villa.

At the same time, Juventus sold Iling-Junior for €14m plus up to €3m in bonuses and Barrenechea for €8m plus up to €3m in bonuses.

Calcio e Finanza point out that considering amortisation, salaries and profit margin, the sale of the two players has a beneficial effect of €20.1m on the balance sheet ending June 30, 2025.

Considering the purchase fee and salary of Douglas Luiz, reported to be €5m per season net, that will cost €19.25m in the same balance sheet, so they effectively cancel each other out.

Caveat  

The statements are very careful to point out that these are “separate and distinct transactions, both contractually and substantively.”

https://football-italia.net/juventus-aston-villa-triple-deal-questions/

I think this part is often overlooked when talking about Luiz leaving, we obviously weren't going to match the salary Juve were offering.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I think this part is often overlooked when talking about Luiz leaving, we obviously weren't going to match the salary Juve were offering.

£82k a week?!? 

that’s peanuts for a starting player. Particularly a prem starting player 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

£82k a week?!? 

that’s peanuts for a starting player. Particularly a prem starting player 

The article states net pay, so about 200k per week not including bonuses.

Edited by duke313

11 hours ago, blandy said:

25/26 year will have completely different PSR criteria. It’s changing to the UEFA system, basically. Villa will need to keep player costs to less than 70% of income. As we kind of need to do this next season, as well (though alongside meeting current domestic PSR metrics) because we’re in UEFA [checks notes] Champions League.

My bad, thought the Premier League would start using these the following year.

Even more import to get the revenue up then, and to get more players in that can increase in value, as the calculations will look like:20240701_213858.thumb.jpg.e8bb6956c6775d209975c6ebf3d3e5d8.jpg

49 minutes ago, AndFos said:

My bad, thought the Premier League would start using these the following year.

Even more import to get the revenue up then, and to get more players in that can increase in value, as the calculations will look like:20240701_213858.thumb.jpg.e8bb6956c6775d209975c6ebf3d3e5d8.jpg

You were right, as of 25/26 Premier League is also set to switch to cost control rules very similar to uefa (with main difference being 85% ratio for clubs that don't qualify for Europe). And I "think" (might be wrong on this) they will use a season and not a calendar year for their calculations.

BTW, the uefa rules where they look at calendar year and not at accounting period, will make it for us mortals almost impossible to predict what are situation will be. (At least I'm giving up on this, I'll let @CVByrne have a go at this 😊)

Edited by Czarnikjak

8 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

You were right, as of 25/26 Premier League is also set to switch to cost control rules very similar to uefa (with main difference being 85% ratio for clubs that don't qualify for Europe). And I "think" (might be wrong on this) they will use a season and not a calendar year for their calculations.

BTW, the uefa rules where they look at calendar year and not at accounting period, will make it for us mortals almost impossible to predict what are situation will be. (At least I'm giving up on this, I'll let @CVByrne have a go at this 😊)

The reason UEFA allow it to be a calendar year is because you can then include UEFA prize money for the competition you qualified for in your accounts. So for example say a team like Newcastle who were not in Europe suddenly qualified for CL. It's completely unfair to expect the squad cost to be based off no Champions League revenue. UEFA allows you to do either btw, use your previous accounting year or an interim one in Dec of the calendar year. I assume we will end up just using the accounting year when PL rules come in.

On Agents fee's for the calculation I believe they got an agreement that only the club side Agents fees are included not what a player pays his agent.

14 hours ago, duke313 said:

14 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So he’s not getting paid €5m a year? 

You can work it out from their statement, annual cost is 19.25m to Juve and they bought him for 50m on a 5 year deal. So 10m of that is amortisation and 9.25m of that is wages so that works out as £150k per week just slightly more than Coutinho's £135k per week. It's outside of our wage structure but not by much

Â