The AVFC FFP thread

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I know you used Swiss rambles numbers so not digging at you,  but...

If we assume their expenses where way overestimated. By at least 15m...we can take that off theirs and your projections,  and we're left needing £63m. 

Obviously still a large chunk, but that seems much more achievable without having to cripple us.

Yes, although all i am gonna say is that the actual numbers published are always worse than any of us projects here (including me). Nobody here have projected we will only break even in the season when we sold Grealish. Nobody here projected we gonna loose £120m last season...

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If we have to sell nearly £100m worth of players next summer then I will eat every single one of your asses. Absolutely no chance.

That's why I made the comment above. It would ruin us. 

16 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

If this is true, I hope that Nassef manages to sue the premier league for this. It would be demoralising to sell more star players after our hard earned achievements. It’s a rigged system and it appears to be taking fruition. So unfair.

Ratcliffe also believes the system to be unfair.  He thinks they should be given all the money and Villa capped with spending no money every year.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We're selling one of our biggest assets and influential players in all aspects for 40m. If people don't think we're getting desperate they are purposely being naive. 

Of course if Emery smashes it next season again and gets top 4 then happy days but an understandable drop off and things could get very messy indeed especially when we've done a Martin O'Neil and given Emery free reign to run the club.

• Like 1

I think the key from those accounts will be the 24/25 amortisation? The likes of Martinez, Mings, Konsa will now have a nil value and not be factored in? Plus getting rid of Sanson, Coutinho, Luiz will contribute. Naturally there be incoming players amortisation to factor. 

The big one though I think will be the wage total will be slashed considerably to make the club leaner for the years ahead until the commercial side of the business is fully flowing. Few of my own assumptions on amounts and potential departures added;

Sanson: £60k pw - £3.12m pa, Coutinho: £135k pw - £7m pa, Luiz: £75k pw - £3.9m pa - all confirmed (Coutinho close) - £14m a year saved in wages. If we included this seasons loan players of Zaniolo and Lenglet, that’s probably close to £7.5m wages = £21.5m overall saved. 

If we assume a few departures: Olsen, £50k pw - £2.6m pa, Hause: £25k pw - £1.3m pa, Dendoncker: £90k pw - £4.68m pa, Digne: £130k pw - £6.76m pa, Chambers: £50k pw - £2.6m pa and maybe £20m incoming fees? Total roughly £19m saved on bit part players apart from Digne.

Overall c£40m wages pa. There’s also arguments to be had for Carlos, Moreno, Cash and Duran who have had transfer rumours to depart. 

Signings will join naturally, but our wage budget has long been too high and on players that aren’t offering the team or squad enough. Careless contracts issued in the past which I don’t think Monchi will tolerate moving forwards. 

In short, I think we have plans to trim the fat where hopefully we’re not going to be in a position to sell key players again.

I said in another thread Kamara might be the next one to move on in 2025 for PSR purposes.  He'll be down to 2 years on his contract and I'd have thought a new one would make him pretty much top earner.  If Enzo settles in well then I'd say it's even more likely.

Edited by sharkyvilla

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We're selling one of our biggest assets and influential players in all aspects for 40m. If people don't think we're getting desperate they are purposely being naive. 

Of course if Emery smashes it next season again and gets top 4 then happy days but an understandable drop off and things could get very messy indeed especially when we've done a Martin O'Neil and given Emery free reign to run the club.

Lol... If we were that" desperate " we could easily have gotten 70 -100 mill plus for the likes of Ollie and/ or Emi etc.

Stop the hyperbole man.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Sanson: £60k pw - £3.12m pa, Coutinho: £135k pw - £7m pa, Luiz: £75k pw - £3.9m pa - all confirmed (Coutinho close) - £14m a year saved in wages. If we included this seasons loan players of Zaniolo and Lenglet, that’s probably close to £7.5m wages = £21.5m overall saved. 

If we assume a few departures: Olsen, £50k pw - £2.6m pa, Hause: £25k pw - £1.3m pa, Dendoncker: £90k pw - £4.68m pa, Digne: £130k pw - £6.76m pa, Chambers: £50k pw - £2.6m pa and maybe £20m incoming fees? Total roughly £19m saved on bit part players apart from Digne.

We didn't pay Coutinho's salary last year so it isn't a saving. Also you haven't factored in the amount we will have to pay to cancel his contract - which could be anywhere between 3 and 7m. No way we are getting 20m in transfers for that lot either!

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We didn't pay Coutinho's salary last year so it isn't a saving. Also you haven't factored in the amount we will have to pay to cancel his contract - which could be anywhere between 3 and 7m. No way we are getting 20m in transfers for that lot either!

Ok, even without Coutinho - my point is we are going to be slashing the wages substantially. £20m isn’t unrealistic? Digne alone could fetch £15m from Saudi who he had links with last summer. 

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol... If we were that" desperate " we could easily have gotten 70 -100 mill plus for the likes of Ollie and/ or Emi etc.

Stop the hyperbole man.

I'm not being hyperbolic. The sales don't fit in with what we've been told with compliance previously and a general attitude regards to smashing the top 4 or 6 hierarchy. Selling Doug with 2 years and our only proper striker and an England International at that are different levels of desperation.

I'm not calling for the board. I don't think we're going into administration. To be honest, not too bothered what will be will be, we're in the CL and football has never been better...but there is more going on than we've been told. They've already lied about compliance. 

51 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

I think the key from those accounts will be the 24/25 amortisation? The likes of Martinez, Mings, Konsa will now have a nil value and not be factored in? Plus getting rid of Sanson, Coutinho, Luiz will contribute. Naturally there be incoming players amortisation to factor. 

The big one though I think will be the wage total will be slashed considerably to make the club leaner for the years ahead until the commercial side of the business is fully flowing. Few of my own assumptions on amounts and potential departures added;

Overall c£40m wages pa. There’s also arguments to be had for Carlos, Moreno, Cash and Duran who have had transfer rumours to depart. 

Signings will join naturally, but our wage budget has long been too high and on players that aren’t offering the team or squad enough. Careless contracts issued in the past which I don’t think Monchi will tolerate moving forwards. 

In short, I think we have plans to trim the fat where hopefully we’re not going to be in a position to sell key players again.

Is it the case with PSR, that a contract renewal extends the amortisation period?

I couldn't find anything in a search that confirmed this expressly, but I think I've seen others mention it in this forum.

If so, which players are getting new 5 year deals, this summer?

Â