The AVFC FFP thread

The cheeky f**cjers. That article says that not only will they assess the value of the player but also the level of need  of the club to sell when looking at the deal. So Man City can sell academy players for 19million because they don’t need to, but we can’t because we do?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The cheeky f**cjers. That article says that not only will they assess the value of the player but also the level of need  of the club to sell when looking at the deal. So Man City can sell academy players for 19million because they don’t need to, but we can’t because we do?

So I assume we’ll be getting an extra 20 million for Dougie on top

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I suspect that might have been the purpose of the photo.

Could be but if they know a sanction is coming, it makes them look incredibly stupid. And this regime hasn't given us reason to suspect that kind of stupidity of them thus far.

Just now, Made In Aston said:

As it gets closer to the PSR deadline the more likely juventus could try to get the price lowered, as they know we are desperate and won't be able to find an alternative buyer at short notice.

It's all but signed off. They won't be doing that.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

They’re trying to screw us over.

Had we sold Tim for £50m and bought the Everton lad for £50m I'd kinda say fair enough. 

But the deals were so small in value and there's hundreds of other examples of other transfers just like it. I don't understand the sudden need for it to be looked at. 

No one gave a shit when we sold Chuk to Chelsea £20m. Or the numerous times City have sold their Academy players. It stinks that it's suddenly an issue. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's all but signed off. They won't be doing that.

It's open to negotiation until it's signed off and becomes legally binding. Not dissimilar to those people who agree to buy a property as part of a chain then threaten to walk away from the deal at the last minute unless the seller drops the price.

Edited by Made In Aston

34 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

How could you possibly have a situation where rival clubs are deciding on their competitors' transfers i.e. deciding on how their competitors run their businesses?

Ironic that Spurs must have been massively over-inflating the value of Lo Celso in a potential swap move a few weeks before we allegedly started doing it.  Probably gave Monchi the idea in the first place and now complaining about it.

Â