The AVFC FFP thread

3 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

The Manchester Evening News is about as creditable as the Birmingham Mail.

It's all 'reportedly',  'a source close to the club' etc

True.  We'll have to wait and see once it's confirmed.

But looking at similar deals City have done like Lavia and Porro, they ALWAYS include a sell on, that's the whole reason they sell these players.

16 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Surely a sell on clause exists as long as the player is at your club? Otherwise you would have to buy it out? Simply offering a new contract could not simply cancel it.

The sell on clause would be in the contract between AVFC and MCFC not the contract between AVFC and Luiz. It doesn't matter if he signs a new contract with Villa. The contract for us to buy him from City still stands as would the clause unless AVFC and MCFC have agreed to remove it for whatever reason.

Again, 'market value' is nonsense and not based on any reliable solid framework.

The value of a player is entirely based on what they mean to a club. Hence you hear the pundits on Sky Sports et al, say "[club] are interested in [player] and what to pay £20m, but [selling club] value him at [price]"

The selling club set whatever price they value a player at (economically, potentially, sportingly, and even emotionally). Always. It's not some mysterious number plucked out of thin air and slapped on transfermarkt.

11 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Luiz's buy back clause expired about 2 years ago. Man City decided against taking it up

Interesting, where have you seen this? If you don't mind me asking

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It was general news back then with fans panicking that City would trigger it but the decided not to

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

It was general news back then with fans panicking that City would trigger it but the decided not to

Oh okay, I think this is a separate clause people are worried about now, this is a sell-on rather than a buy-back.

I'm always curious about these kinds of clauses if they have a time limit, why the sell-on doesn't have one but the buy-back does, and what would have happened if City used the buy-back. Would they get they have got the discount from the sell-on as well?

Certainly, if we have to throw a chunk of cash at City for selling Luiz then the less the better, but surely that impacts how much profit we can book as well, so I guess it doesn't matter much either way, we'd still be after the best price.

28 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It was widely known/assumed that they had a buy back of £25m after one year which went up to £35m after two and then expired.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not saying we're doing anything wrong, but if another club was doing all these deals, half the people on this forum would be fuming about it

Several other clubs have done these deals and no ones complaining? It hasn’t just been us.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Several other clubs have done these deals and no ones complaining? It hasn’t just been us.

Yeah because we're doing it.

I bet if we weren't people would be up in arms about them.

I don't mind, I'm doing exactly the same thing.

I just think it's noticeable that as soon as your club starts doing something, most people are suddenly ok with it

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not saying we're doing anything wrong, but if another club was doing all these deals, half the people on this forum would be fuming about it

Other clubs are doing it and have been doing it for years 

No-one said anything when we sold archer for 18m last season.  Only difference this year is that we disrupted the top four so now its a problem

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Other clubs are doing it and have been doing it for years 

No-one said anything when we sold archer for 18m last season.  Only difference this year is that we disrupted the top four so now its a problem

If we had finished 11th last season, nobody would care.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think they’d say it to his face though 😂 The Spanish James Bond…

I guess Ornstein is saying that on the assumption that the Douglas deal will go through? 

• Like 1

Article on an Italian site today specifically naming our transfers with Everton and Chelsea as shady inflated priced youngster deals to get round PSR. Safe to say it's not very subtle l, I hope it works and we don't get sanctioned for it as we will need to qualify for the CL again to maintain our momentum and stay within the FFP rules...

Just now, romavillan said:

Article on an Italian site today specifically naming our transfers with Everton and Chelsea as shady inflated priced youngster deals to get round PSR. Safe to say it's not very subtle l, I hope it works and we don't get sanctioned for it as we will need to qualify for the CL again to maintain our momentum and stay within the FFP rules...

Seriously, some Villa fans need to learn more about football. There is absolutely nothing wrong with us selling players to other clubs. The Premier League even approved the deals. David Ornstein even said we had to sell Luiz at less than we wanted because only club interested this month was Juve. 

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

The deals themselves are not shady at all and are perfectly within the rules. For there to be any sanctions, they would have to prove that the clubs colluded to engineer them artificially. Unless the PL has recordings of the conversations or emails explicitly agreeing to do so, then it's highly unlikely that there would be enough evidence to proceed with charges.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The deals themselves are not shady at all and are perfectly within the rules. For there to be any sanctions, they would have to prove that the clubs colluded to engineer them artificially. Unless the PL has recordings of the conversations or emails explicitly agreeing to do so, then it's highly unlikely that there would be enough evidence to proceed with charges.

Would be a defence lawyers dream

Â