The AVFC FFP thread

Just now, The_Steve said:

Funny how there was no pearl clutching last season about market value. Almost like us making CL has them worried and we aren’t going to accept the PSR rules in their current forms so are finding legitimate ways to work within it. 

Nobody took issue with us selling Archer for £18.5m and agreeing a buyback at £14m if Sheffield got relegated. This was for PSR instead of doing a Loan with obligation to Buy if Sheffield stayed up. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not saying we're doing anything wrong, but if another club was doing all these deals, half the people on this forum would be fuming about it

I don’t think they’d say it to his face though 😂 The Spanish James Bond…

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Seriously, I am baffled by Villa fans thinking we've done anything wrong or even close to it. We have sold 3 players

Luiz for £42m, Irogbunam for £9m and Kellyman for £19m. I'd say Luiz was sold on the cheap tbh and for those outside our club they don't know how much of a talent Kellyman is at only 18yo. 

So which of these sales do you think were done at "inflated" prices? That we're trying to do only to get around PSR?

This

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

By underselling Dougie we also reduce the sell-on to City which might be as high as 20%. It was smart business the more I think about it. 

Well Juventus are going to sell us 2 players for marginally under market value. This is also circumventing the sell on clause.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Well Juventus are going to sell us 2 players for marginally under market value. This is also circumventing the sell on clause.

Iling-Junior is out of contract next year. I imagine Enzo's contract might have influenced the price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

There is no sell on clause. Nothing is circumvented. The benefit to Juve and us would be to inflate the sale values not to reduce them. PSR works on profits on sales.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

There is no sell on clause. Nothing is circumvented. The benefit to Juve and us would be to inflate the sale values not to reduce them. PSR works on profits on sales.

There is no sell on clause to City?

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why wouldn't there be a sell on clause with Luiz, City insert them into all their deals like Luiz (Lavia, Porro etc.)

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

There is no sell on clause to City?

Nope, hence nothing reported about their fee for the sale. Manchester Evening News reported there was no sell on earlier this season. 

City had a buy back clause which expired. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Nope, hence nothing reported about their fee for the sale. Manchester Evening News reported there was no sell on earlier this season. 

OK, I don't know why people are saying it all over VT. 🙄

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

OK, I don't know why people are saying it all over VT. 🙄

It's because we didn't know. Now the sale has gone through and the prices etc.  no mention of Man City sell on clause and fee. Not mentioned in any of the Tier 1 reports on the deal. We all just assumed because City often do put in the sell on clause (I  can only think the Buy Back was the only one for Luiz and not a sell on clause also)

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Have you a link to the article where they say there was no sell on clause? Because the same news outlet are saying there is a sell on clause:

Man City can land £5m windfall from PSR scramble as four clubs exploit 'loophole' - Simon Bajkowski - Manchester Evening News

City can also benefit from the chaos as Aston Villa look to cash in on Douglas Luiz, selling him to Juventus for around £42.3m as well as paying around £18.8m to bring Enzo Barrenechea and Samuel Iling-Junior from Turin to the Midlands. A sell-on clause from City's sale of Luiz to Villa in 2019 puts them on course to bank more than £5m from the transfer should it go through this week.

Just now, duke313 said:

Have you a link to the article where they say there was no sell on clause? Because the same news outlet are saying there is a sell on clause:

Man City can land £5m windfall from PSR scramble as four clubs exploit 'loophole' - Simon Bajkowski - Manchester Evening News

Douglas Luiz buyback clause and Man City sell-on fee clarified as Aston Villa midfielder shines - Manchester Evening News

"Much to the delight of Villa supporters, Luiz signed a fresh ‘long-term’ contract with the club the following month, believed to run until 2026. The subsequent arrival of Emery led Luiz to thrive, playing a pivotal role in the club’s transformation into contenders for European football. Since agreeing his new deal, there has been no suggestion that City still have a sell-on clause in place."

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

"there has been no suggestion that City still have a sell-on clause in place" Possibly the vaguest sentence I've ever read.  That article is also dated October 2023, whereas the article I linked that says there is a clause is dated June 2024.

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Only because player signed contract extension doesn't mean that the sell on clause is automatically invalidated.

Ornstein did report City have a sell on clause when Luiz was close to joining Arsenal. I'm booking in 20% (£5m) for all my calculations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No idea on the Sell On Clause. If it really exists we'll see it reported that City banked xyz in coming days

Closest thing I can see about a sell on clause is this tweet from the very reliable David Ornstein which makes me think there is one. 

Aston Villa turned down 3 bids for Douglas Luiz in last week of Jan window, most recent on #DeadlineDay. #AVFC want to secure 23yo Brazil midfielder to new contract (2023). Man City buy-back clause has expired but #MCFC still have sell-on @TheAthleticUK

Some people seem to think it's not the case because Luiz signed a new contract but that has nothing to do with an agreement between Villa and Man City. I'm sure we will find out soon enough when the deal is done. 

Â