The AVFC FFP thread

If we do get pulled up on these transfers and accused of circumventing the rules then I really feel like we can’t win. The PSR rules set expenditure limits, we were close to those limits so have had to sell players to comply… I can’t see that as ‘getting around the rules’ like a lot of the media seem to be trying to say. We didn’t want to sell these players and without PSR we’d likely have kept every one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

If we do get pulled up on these transfers and accused of circumventing the rules then I really feel like we can’t win. The PSR rules set expenditure limits, we were close to those limits so have had to sell players to comply… I can’t see that as ‘getting around the rules’ like a lot of the media seem to be trying to say. We didn’t want to sell these players and without PSR we’d likely have kept every one. 

That's really all we have to say: "we were forced to sell them to comply with PSR, we did, and now we have" - The uproar about this is only coming from cartel fans, because now they can't buy or star players on the cheap like they have for years.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That rule hasn’t been broken, or provable to be broken. 

all PSR hit clubs could be honest and admit they are doing business with each other because they’re facing PSR problems. It makes negotiating, quick, easy and more likely to get a fair deal. 

the value each player isn’t out the ordinary, Tim and Dobbin are no longer youth players, they’ve graduated, they are now squad players. £9m for squad players is reasonable and comparable to already established business. 

Kellyman is the or one of the highest potentials from Villa’s academy. he’s already been in 20+ senior match day squads. He’s practically a squad player already. If developed right, he could be an England/Ireland international and a premier league star that could be worth £50m+. £19m right now feels a reasonable compensation to complete his development. This sale is also comparable to established business of high prospect players  

all player purchases in these transfers have been amortised, which is already allowed. 

So where’s the bad faith, where’s the lies, where the cheating? The PSR clubs are conducting business within already established means. Dealing with each other  just so happens to solves each others problems. That’s about it 

It’s Pandora’s box the premier league don’t want to open I’m sure.

And plus, **** ‘good faith’, were Spurs negotiating in good faith when they thought we were going into administration and offered us Josh Onomah and a pack of Monster munch for Grealish, there’s no such thing in football

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I don't think there is a case against us for inflating prices. 

If everyone agrees that the Maatsen price is fair, then why would Chelsea allow us to get one over on them by inflating the Kellyman price?

My worry is more that we will be accused of breaking Premier League Rule B15 that states:

In all matters and transactions relating to the league each club, official and director shall behave towards each other club, official, director and the league with the utmost good faith. For the avoidance of doubt and by way of example only, it shall be a breach of the duties under this rule to act dishonestly towards the league or another club; or engage in conduct that is intended to circumvent these rules or obstruct the board’s investigation of compliance with them.

So the Premier League could say:

OK Villa, if you were having PSR issues for this year, why didn't you sign this Everton kid AFTER the end of June?

Ok, Everton, if you were having PSR issues for this year, why didn't you sign Tim AFTER the end of June?

Answer: you colluded to circumvent our PSR rules.

Answer: The transfer window is open. 
Why didn’t West Gam wait to sign Guilherme? Southampton to sign Lallana? 

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It would be on the league to prove no collusion or that we paid above market value and they don’t want that fight. If they do, bring it on. The noise in the media is at the behest of the cartels and their media stenographers. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Seriously, I am baffled by Villa fans thinking we've done anything wrong or even close to it. We have sold 3 players

Luiz for £42m, Irogbunam for £9m and Kellyman for £19m. I'd say Luiz was sold on the cheap tbh and for those outside our club they don't know how much of a talent Kellyman is at only 18yo. 

So which of these sales do you think were done at "inflated" prices? That we're trying to do only to get around PSR?

By underselling Dougie we also reduce the sell-on to City which might be as high as 20%. It was smart business the more I think about it. 

I just hope we can do a swap deal involving Dendonker :)  Get someone in youth player if possible to help Dendonker go out. 

Edited by CVByrne

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Seriously, I am baffled by Villa fans thinking we've done anything wrong or even close to it. We have sold 3 players

Luiz for £42m, Irogbunam for £9m and Kellyman for £19m. I'd say Luiz was sold on the cheap tbh and for those outside our club they don't know how much of a talent Kellyman is at only 18yo. 

So which of these sales do you think were done at "inflated" prices? That we're trying to do only to get around PSR?

Absolutely. They’re all about right, some a little low if anything… in a world where Declan Rice is £100m and Harry Maguire is £80m … who can say what anyone is ‘worth’!?

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Answer: The transfer window is open. 
Why didn’t West Gam wait to sign Guilherme? Southampton to sign Lallana? 

Answer:

The transfer window is open

Pre season training starts in just a couple of weeks and we want to get as many players in to get full preseason training under Emery.

Most players are at Euro’s or Copa America and putting any transfer talk on hold until after that so we are focusing on youth and squad ins and outs now.

If you’re pissed now that we are doing everything to stay around the CL Places, you are going to be really pissed off when you see the quality talent we bring in after the tournaments haven’t finished.

Even if you suspect we are utilising a loophole, that’s not breaking the rules hence why it’s called a loophole.

Don't you have bigger fish to fry with other clubs….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

By underselling Dougie we also reduce the sell-on to City which might be as high as 20%. It was smart business the more I think about it. 

I’m pretty sure the sell on clause was removed after that first contract… not 100% but I think it was reported at the time.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

None are inflated. 

Doug is under valued 

Tim will be a premier league starter within a few years, so that’s a real good price for him

Kellyman, Is £19m that out there for the best youth player in the club? I don’t think so, more so when you compare it to other youth player sales 

26 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

For 24/25 sales I see

Coutinho = free = -8.5m loss

Pretty sure I read that the Coutinho write off is going into 23/24

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Absolutely. They’re all about right, some a little low if anything… in a world where Declan Rice is £100m and Harry Maguire is £80m … who can say what anyone is ‘worth’!?

Chelsea sign countless young players for big fee's from all number of countries. They took Chuk from us for £20m 2 years ago. We sold Ramsey for £14m without having played a single PL game. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I’m pretty sure the sell on clause was removed after that first contract… not 100% but I think it was reported at the time.

There was a sell-on, Ornstein confirmed it when Arsenal were sniffing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Pretty sure I read that the Coutinho write off is going into 23/24

Hasn't been reported as done. However that might be a good idea as we've plenty of headroom now after making ~£68m this month. 

Chelsea sign countless young players for big fee's from all number of countries. They took Chuk from us for £20m 2 years ago. We sold Ramsey for £14m without having played a single PL game. 

Yeah exactly, Chuck was £1m more than Kellyman, and I think OK is a better prospect personally 

We sold Ramsey for £14m without having played a single PL game. 

Funny how there was no pearl clutching last season about market value. Almost like us making CL has them worried and we aren’t going to accept the PSR rules in their current forms so are finding legitimate ways to work within it. 

Â