The AVFC FFP thread

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean this is my feeling as well, but playing devil's advocate for a moment, presumably we managed to persuade Dobbin himself that he was more than just an accounting manouevre, otherwise why did he agree to come?

At his age I imagine bumping his wages by a few thousand a week would probably be a major motivator.

I don't think there is a case against us for inflating prices. 

If everyone agrees that the Maatsen price is fair, then why would Chelsea allow us to get one over on them by inflating the Kellyman price?

My worry is more that we will be accused of breaking Premier League Rule B15 that states:

In all matters and transactions relating to the league each club, official and director shall behave towards each other club, official, director and the league with the utmost good faith. For the avoidance of doubt and by way of example only, it shall be a breach of the duties under this rule to act dishonestly towards the league or another club; or engage in conduct that is intended to circumvent these rules or obstruct the board’s investigation of compliance with them.

So the Premier League could say:

OK Villa, if you were having PSR issues for this year, why didn't you sign this Everton kid AFTER the end of June?

Ok, Everton, if you were having PSR issues for this year, why didn't you sign Tim AFTER the end of June?

Answer: you colluded to circumvent our PSR rules.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

33 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

If everyone agrees that the Maatsen price is fair, then why would Chelsea allow us to get one over on them by inflating the Kellyman price?

My worry is more that we will be accused of breaking Premier League Rule B15 that states:

In all matters and transactions relating to the league each club, official and director shall behave towards each other club, official, director and the league with the utmost good faith. For the avoidance of doubt and by way of example only, it shall be a breach of the duties under this rule to act dishonestly towards the league or another club; or engage in conduct that is intended to circumvent these rules or obstruct the board’s investigation of compliance with them.

OK Villa, if you were having PSR issues for this year, why didn't you sign this Everton kid AFTER the end of June?

Ok, Everton, if you were having PSR issues for this year, why didn't you sign Tim AFTER the end of June?

If Chelsea are allowed to sell property to themselves I think we'll be ok

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daveburnside said:

If Chelsea are allowed to sell property to themselves I think we'll be ok

Have we not also done that with the stadium?

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Aww, I quite liked us doing the brazen PSR book cooking deals and the Red cartel club fans hating us for it.

All good things come to an end, I guess. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

"The kid has great potential and we believed we were in a position to be compliant with PSR rules. We saw an opportunity to exploit the well documented troubled PSR position of other club..  for a top young talent at a cut-price fee of less than £10m"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Here. We. Go. 

Until next June when we have to do it again, we're just kicking the can down the road.  Hopefully increased revenue from CL/kit deal/sponsers has an impact.

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Where has Ornstein said this? There is nothing on his Twitter.

Quoted from an Athletic article named Transfer-deal sheet published a few hours ago. Under a section called what we’re hearing. 

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Until next June when we have to do it again, we're just kicking the can down the road.  Hopefully increased revenue from CL/kit deal/sponsers has an impact.

Agreed on the first sentence and normally this would really bother me.

The second sentence is what gives me comfort and is also the reason we are doing all of this, we have an opportunity we may not get again to sign players of a standard and really establish ourselves in the top 5.

I wonder if we might see some more tactical deals with other clubs after 30th June in preparation for the issues we might face next year? Maybe Duran for Gallagher might be a thing after the deadline? 

Or we could just sell our training ground with the new hotel built to ourselves at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

The argument would be that the club is complying with these rules by these very actions. Both sales at market value. Both players are prospects. 

There would have to be some clearer defining of ‘good faith’ and ‘circumvent’. I suspect villa have a full body of evidence of good faith compliance. Such as, Luiz sale at less than market value. Restricted January window. Demonstrating a clear framework for growth using rules as guidance. Proposing an increase in loss limits to be in line with inflation at last AGM. Through the proper and correct channels. All acts of good faith imo.

Did spurs act in good faith towards Forest when they low balled offers in for Brendan Johnson before last years deadline. Only to pay market value after the deadline, for Forest to then get a points deduction. 

• Like 1

So booked profit on player sales this season

Archer 18.5

Ramsey 14

Philogene 5

Azaz 2

Irogbunam 9

Luiz 40m

Kellyman 19

Total profit on player sales 107.5m

For 24/25 sales I see

Duran sale price £40m = 31m profit

Cash sale price £25m = £21m profit

Coutinho = free = -8.5m loss

Sanson 3.5m = zero

Digne/Moreno = will be close to zero

Chambers = zero

Carlos = close to zero or small loss

I'd say we're probably about £20m short if we end up with £300m in revenue in 24/25 up from 261 in 23/24

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

That rule hasn’t been broken, or provable to be broken. 

all PSR hit clubs could be honest and admit they are doing business with each other because they’re facing PSR problems. It makes negotiating, quick, easy and more likely to get a fair deal. 

the value each player isn’t out the ordinary, Tim and Dobbin are no longer youth players, they’ve graduated, they are now squad players. £9m for squad players is reasonable and comparable to already established business. 

Kellyman is the or one of the highest potentials from Villa’s academy. he’s already been in 20+ senior match day squads. He’s practically a squad player already. If developed right, he could be an England/Ireland international and a premier league star that could be worth £50m+. £19m right now feels a reasonable compensation to complete his development. This sale is also comparable to established business of high prospect players  

all player purchases in these transfers have been amortised, which is already allowed. 

So where’s the bad faith, where’s the lies, where the cheating? The PSR clubs are conducting business within already established means. Dealing with each other  just so happens to solves each others problems. That’s about it 

• Like 4

Â