The AVFC FFP thread

We all know why clubs like Arsenal and United are up in arms about our creative PSR work around. 

In the past when we needed to sell a player like Luiz (to adhere to the rules) the biggest fees would come from one of the PL clubs. So, for example, Arsenal would pick up Doug thus strengthening them and weakening us. It’s the perfect cartel! 

The real reason they are annoyed is that we are performing on the pitch and now out manoeuvring off it too. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

We all know why clubs like Arsenal and United are up in arms about our creative PSR work around. 

In the past when we needed to sell a player like Luiz (to adhere to the rules) the biggest fees would come from one of the PL clubs. So, for example, Arsenal would pick up Doug thus strengthening them and weakening us. It’s the perfect cartel! 

The real reason they are annoyed is that we are performing on the pitch and now out manoeuvring off it too. 

I don't think anybody is up in arms about us selling players to comply with the rules. The club academy has been a massive help to us £85m and counting in sales since Grealish was sold for £100m 

Just now, duke313 said:

What about Tim? Teams lining up for him I suppose?

We were always open to selling him because Emery gave him a chance and he was deemed not good enough. We have sold a lot of the youth over the recent years. We need wide players and I assume that's why we were interested in Dobbin. Plus £9m is nothing in terms of transfers. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

We were always open to selling him because Emery gave him a chance and he was deemed not good enough. We have sold a lot of the youth over the recent years. We need wide players and I assume that's why we were interested in Dobbin. Plus £9m is nothing in terms of transfers. 

That doesn't change the fact the the transfer of Tim/Dobbins is mutually beneficial to both team in terms of PSR, we're trading players we won't miss to circumvent the shit PSR rules, that is the "loophole" they will try and close.

We are buying players we are interested in and selling others. We don’t want to keep in an open free market. 

Every transfer would have to be scrutinised in detail, but none would ever get done if they try and stop it whatever they are trying to stop a free market

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

As i've said, they don;t need to prove anything, they will just vote to stop it happening in the future, same as they did with the 8 year contracts.

Let's say tomorrow we sign Dominic Calvert Lewin for £30 million, But Everton wouldn't be allowed to count that towards PSR because.... 

But if Newcastle sign him they can?

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Let's say tomorrow we sign Dominic Calvert Lewin for £30 million, But Everton wouldn't be allowed to count that towards PSR because.... 

But if Newcastle sign him they can?

That doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

That doesn't make sense.

You said this

They can close it by not allowing sales between traded players to count towards PSR, you can still trade players but their sales won;t count so will be pointless unless the two clubs actually want the players

So where is the cut off? Who decides?

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think you are just completely misunderstanding what we have done this window. We chose teams who were interested in our players and who also have PSR issues because they wouldn't be teams who would lowball us for our players. Simple smart dealings in transfer market. 

I get what you're saying but in a free market how is having preferred destinations any different to when clubs have actively tried to sell their players to China or Saudi as they know those countries have to pay a premium not only on fees but also wages to get players to go there. Ultimately it is down to the the player to agree to go to that club and that is the mitigating control in this, which is what stops any action being taken

Example being MBappe... PSG didn't want him to go to Real due to their annoyance with one another and they would have loved to have got the €300m that was offered from Saudi last summer. That would've really balanced their books and helped them buy all sorts of players. They accepted the bid and pushed for MBappe to go but despite the astronominical wages, MBappe said no and so the player didn't go.

One option may be to tweak PSR logic to say that they will net transfers between clubs if executed in one window. That would need to be agreed by the clubs in a vote i'm guessing and not sure they will agree to that.

15 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

And they have done the same.

From the outside it looks like 3 clubs that all have similar kinds of issues have decided to scratch each others backs. I'm fine with that, I really am because the rules are dumb. There's nothing in them that says we can't all get together and cook up a few dealings we wouldn't have otherwise.

Example....There's no doubt in my mind we would have sold Tim and signed Dobbin if it wasn't for PSR. That transfer makes zero sense to me at all unless you look at it through that lense.

The Luiz deal looks like we were the weaker party in the negotiation on face of it given the feeling we are getting. So Juve probably don't have PSR issues to contend with just players they wanted to sell this window in McKennie and Iling Junior and they wanted Luiz. 

We're selling two players to Chelsea they have wanted since Jan in Duran and Kellyman. Maatsen is just us being opportunistic to get an outstanding player on a key position. While I think we'll go hard for Gallagher after the Euros if Duran goes to Chelsea.

Iroegbunam is a player we wanted to sell. I'm sure Emery sees something in Dobbin and we are short of wingers. So this is depth in squad we need. 

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

As i've said, they don;t need to prove anything, they will just vote to stop it happening in the future, same as they did with the 8 year contracts.

So explain how you would draft that rule? 

Teams that are close to the edge on PSR rules cannot sell players to each other? 

It would make almost no sense and only serve to further benefit the high income teams! 

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

So explain how you would draft that rule? 

Teams that are close to the edge on PSR rules cannot sell players to each other? 

It would make almost no sense and only serve to further benefit the high income teams! 

They can still sell players to each other, it just won;t count towards PSR.  Same way as Chelsea can still offer people 8 year contracts, it just anything over 5 years dosen't count towards PSR, so there is no benefit in doing it anymore.

PSR already only benefits the high income teams, hence why we're doing this. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by duke313

1 minute ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I think this video neatly summarises what we decided to do  regarding the PSR rules after our proposal to increase the allowable losses in line with inflation was voted down (contains bad language).

Here's hoping it doesn't do this.

The Big Lebowski - Scattering Donny's ashes animated gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

That doesn't change the fact the the transfer of Tim/Dobbins is mutually beneficial to both team in terms of PSR, we're trading players we won't miss to circumvent the shit PSR rules, that is the "loophole" they will try and close.

What's the loophole?

Everton wanted Irogbenum so bought him.

Villa wanted Dobbins so bought him. 

How can this be "closed"?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

What's the loophole?

Everton wanted Irogbenum so bought him.

Villa wanted Dobbins so bought him. 

How can this be "closed"?

You don't honestly believe that do you?

There is nothing anyone can say that can convince me this transfer is anything other than a PSR reach around between the two clubs.

He might turn out to be a useful player, but there is 0% chance we'd be signing him if we were;t repaying the favour to Everton for signing Tim.

Â