The AVFC FFP thread

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hope our lawyers are on top of every detail of how we're navigating PSR right now.

I don't think we've done anything wrong. 

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think we've done anything wrong. 

We’ve not. We’ve also recently hired a very experienced tax lawyer. Let them bring it on. 

8 hours ago, allani said:

I suspect they are.  I think they are also probably doing quite a lot of work to demonstrate how PSR breaks so many international and EU financial and fair competition laws.

I think the club are doing a great job of showing just how stupid PSR is right now - without saying a single word publically

Our actions are getting attention in the media, and quite a few comments. But we are run by professionals, so I am sure we are compliant.

We asked to change the rules (limits) - and were told no. OK - time to show just how stupid they are. 

• Like 3

It's within the rules.  Now it's been brought to people's attention there may be new rules introduced to prevent it (like Chelsea's 8 year amortisation) but for now we're navigating PSR wonderfully.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, burchy said:

I think we’d have had our lawyers all over this before we even went down this route. Even if the league go at us I think we’d be ready, especially given the strong words from our owners. 

Not lawyers, accountants. It's not that complicated.

I think what a lot of critics don't fully mention is that these swaps are being done so that the clubs involved comply with their PSR obligations - we would not be selling these type of players in this way if we had decided to put two fingers up to the rules or if we were trying to get an advantage illegally. It's the rules which have led to this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When’s the deadline and after that point does it mean we can stop talking about PSR for the rest of the summer ?

30th June

IMG_5530.jpeg

• Thanks 3

One thing about our little alliance with Everton and Chelsea is that seeing that it's legal a few more clubs might want to join us, and as I understand it 6 of us are playing the game, it can't be voted out can it. 

• Like 1

Just now, colhint said:

One thing about our little alliance with Everton and Chelsea is that seeing that it's legal a few more clubs might want to join us, and as I understand it 6 of us are playing the game, it can't be voted out can it. 

What can't be voted out?

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When’s the deadline and after that point does it mean we can stop talking about PSR for the rest of the summer ?

We can stop now.  We're in the clear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

For 23/24 but not 24/25 so why not get ahead of that issue this window than being under the gun next June.  Plus the loophole may somehow be closed over the next couple of months, I don’t know how or if it can be held up in court but the powers that be will be trying to stop us. So we’ll be talking about PSR for the foreseeable future.

Edited by nick76

Rather we do any business as soon as possible and on our terms than do it next summer and maybe be forced into worse terms due to need.

• Like 1

The reality is that, although clubs are 'the enemy' on the pitch, behind the scenes, people get on very well and are able to work together.
We all seem to want Chelsea to struggle; we all hate Man U and Man C - but we will deal with these people without question if it's to our benefit - and if it benefits them too, so be it - it just makes it easier.

It's no surprise if Monchi rung up his opposite number at Chelsea, Everton, Forest, and others to say 'we're interested in player X; anyone you fancy at our end and we can make a deal which will help both of us?"

Our reality, as we grow income and try to remain competitive is that we need players for today.
We are buying youth players (non-PSR players) who either come through or we sell in 2 or 3 years time - but for a lower fee as they need significant development. It's a gamble (see Louie Barry), but lower stakes.
The established clubs can hoover up the best of these when they are about 19/20 from the likes of us - but it's still a gamble. They pay a lot more, but these players still aren't 'established'.
We have taken nearly £40m from Chelsea for Chuk and Kellyman - both could end up not 'making it', and we've won big time. They could get a terrible injury. Both could be world beaters - it's Chelsea's risk now. 
For £40m - it's a risk we could not afford to take - we preferred to have Maatsen for next season instead. 

• Like 1

One thing I like about Monchi is that he seems to develop good relationships with other clubs so that deals like the Doug to Juve or the Everton and Chelsea back and forth are possible. 

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The club will have a list of players they want to move on, and for what fees.
They will also have a list of players they ideally don't want to lose, but we have a price for.
I suspect we have few 'untouchables'.

I think that we are no longer desperate (if we ever were) - but moving players of about 20 on for decent money helps FFP, reduces wages (albeit relatively small), and free's up U23 spots for the next generation of players.
Rather them go early, have a chance at a decent career and we make a bit of money, than we cling on and they take up wages and leave for nothing. 

Â