The AVFC FFP thread

2 hours ago, allani said:

I hope they go with the cartel / market manipulation line - because that will give a very good lawyer a brilliant opening to attack PSR for being exactly that.  In almost any other business these rules would be illegal.  I'd still reckon that a good legal team would be able to prove that the rules break European / international law.  It won't take many owners to start backing Nas before the authorities start to feel really uncomfortable bending to the wishes to the Sly 6. 

Thing is, even though I think morally we’re in the right because the rules are farcical and don’t serve their intended purpose … it does still look awfully like collusion on our part, and if for instance two businesses were doing stuff like this to minimise tax, they’d probably be in a lot of trouble.

How the football authorities will handle it F knows. But pointing at the richer and more evil cartel and saying they did it first hasn’t traditionally been a great defence.

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The UEFA document posted earlier shows how they will ban it. Swaps or anything swap-like can be done, but money from it just can’t be counted towards PSR.

This isn't a swap, nor it is swap-like (whatever that means). This is two completely separate transfers.

• Like 1

Just now, Beastmix said:

This isn't a swap, nor it is swap-like (whatever that means). This is two completely separate transfers.

Come on... This is a swap like, it's blatant back scratching, especially the Everton one 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

Come on... This is a swap like, it's blatant back scratching, especially the Everton one 

Yes, we know that. But, on paper, it isn't.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which might be why we've decided to do it several times before they close the door

Still think the main thing they need to stop is the whole pure profit nonsense, a system where selling youth players is rewarded is mental 

That UEFA rule is currently live in all fairness but we must think it’s toothless 

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Thing is, even though I think morally we’re in the right because the rules are farcical and don’t serve their intended purpose … it does still look awfully like collusion on our part, and if for instance two businesses were doing stuff like this to minimise tax, they’d probably be in a lot of trouble.

How the football authorities will handle it F knows. But pointing at the richer and more evil cartel and saying they did it first hasn’t traditionally been a great defence.

Yeah but at the same time, people like Nas are getting peeved off because of the anti-competition nature of the rules they keep adding and Nas and fellow like minded owners will use very expensive lawyers to wage war against the governing bodies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but at the same time, people like Nas are getting peeved off because of the anti-competition nature of the rules they keep adding and Nas and fellow like minded owners will use very expensive lawyers to wage war against the governing bodies.

Completely agree and understand, just not the most relaxing experience watching it unfold.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Dobbins never kicking a ball for us will prove it...

He'll probably kick a ball for us the same way as KHH did in the run in but yes would be amazed if he's not on loan in the championship by January. Might even happen on August 31st.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Completely agree and understand, just not the most relaxing experience watching it unfold.

I’m loving every minute of it.  So busy, waiting to see what’s next that’ll surprise me….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I have no idea what's going on, but if we end up with a better starting line up and squad then I'm all for it.

We’re selling our academy players to another club and booing a profit, and in turn buying one of theirs so they can book a profit. 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Dobbins never kicking a ball for us will prove it...

It won’t prove anything. I’m not suggesting we’re not doing that (we are). It just can’t be proved, and they can do nothing about it.

Just now, duke313 said:

It won’t prove anything. I’m not suggesting we’re not doing that (we are). It just can’t be proved, and they can do nothing about it.

Oh yeah we're not having the book thrown at us, it's not like we paid £40m for an Everton reserve teamer, the values all look pretty legit so I don't see how anyone can do anything to stop us doing it 

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Thanks, I accept your compliment 

I did also say that I hope this is the case 😉

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Feels like the club are at the forefront or something for a change

Jeremy Irons in Margin Call: ‘be first, be smarter, or cheat. I don’t cheat… so it sure is a hell of a lot easier to just be first.’

16 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I have no idea what's going on, but if we end up with a better starting line up and squad then I'm all for it.

I’m with you brother 👍

54 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We’re selling our academy players to another club and booing a profit, and in turn buying one of theirs so they can book a profit. 

I guess the full context is that the academy players sold/being linked with sales are all kids we acquired a few years ago with this as a very likely end result. This isn’t a knee jerk reaction to PSR, it’s the natural next step from the heavy investment we made into the academy 3/4 years ago. We weren’t going to end up with 7/8 of them regularly starting in the first team, certainly not competing at the top end of the table anyway.

I agree the buying one back is a blatant PSR dodge, particularly in the Dobbin case. 

Â