The AVFC FFP thread

33 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Isn’t that covered by Luiz, Kellyman and Tim sales? And possibly Duran.

I think there’s a bit of not only fixing our current problem but also future proofing too

Has there been any indication that our wheeling and dealing may save us from selling Dougie? Or is it just that our PSR issues are deeper than we thought.

• Duran £40m
  • Iroegbunam £9m
  • Kellyman £20m
  • Bogarde £4m

£73m incoming

• Dougie £60m

It'd be a real worry if we need £130m+ incoming each season.

We haven't been investing in the academy as much the last year or so, we'll run out of genuine assets we can sell for £40-60m a season as we aren't at the conveyor belt that the likes of Chelsea and City are.

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Has there been any indication that are wheeling and dealing may save us from selling Dougie? Or is it just that our PSR issues are deeper than we thought.

• Duran £40m
  • Iroegbunam £9m
  • Kellyman £20m
  • Bogarde £4m

£73m incoming

• Dougie £60m

We haven't been investing in the academy as much the last year or so, we'll run out of genuine assets we can sell for £40-60m a season as we aren't at the conveyor belt that the likes of Chelsea and City are.

Doug wants to go and the whole thing is way too advanced so that option isn't on the table either way.

The current outgoings/incomings are now past balancing the books and moving into pure profit territory.

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Complete guesswork but I'd say we're balancing the books and then also giving ourselves a kitty before we go shopping 

Id also say there's an element of expecting these kind of transfers to be banned before long so make hay while the sun shines 

Feels like the club are at the forefront or something for a change

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Has there been any indication that our wheeling and dealing may save us from selling Dougie? Or is it just that our PSR issues are deeper than we thought.

• Duran £40m
  • Iroegbunam £9m
  • Kellyman £20m
  • Bogarde £4m

£73m incoming

• Dougie £60m

it will have zero impact on Luiz.

Depending on who you listen to, we need to make 40-60m to be compliant with PSR by the end of June.

Then, if we actually want to spend much money, we will need to make money, to spend it i guess, , so if we do make 130m+, thats 40-60m to cover PSR, then anything over that can be spent on incoming transfers i guess.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd also say there's an element of expecting these kind of transfers to be banned before long so make hay while the sun shines

I'm not exactly sure how they could possibly be banned. It's just two clubs, operating within the rules, signing players from one-another.
I've seen 'inflated prices' thrown around a lot today, too. The value of any given player is entirely arbitrary. Even 'market value' isn't based on a reliable/readable framework.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

• Duran £40m
  • Iroegbunam £9m
  • Kellyman £20m
  • Bogarde £4m

£73m incoming

I think Chelsea are probably buying Kellyman instead of Duran.  Not sure anyone else is interested in Duran. 

Just now, Beastmix said:

I'm not exactly sure how they could possibly be banned. It's just two clubs, operating within the rules, signing players from one-another.
I've seen 'inflated prices' thrown around a lot today, too. The value of any given player is entirely arbitrary. Even 'market value' isn't based on a reliable/readable framework.

The UEFA document posted earlier shows how they will ban it. Swaps or anything swap-like can be done, but money from it just can’t be counted towards PSR.

6 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Think it would be fairly easy. They'd say transfers agreed within the same window between two clubs, the transfers are processed as only the difference between the fees. 

Rather than it "effectively" being a swap + Cash. It would be forced as actually a swap + cash

Then we'd probably test the waters with 3-way club transfers.

1. Villa buy Player A from Everton for £30m
  2. Everton buy Player B from Chelsea for £30m
  3. Chelsea buy Player C from Villa for £30m

But this is the very definition of a cartel and would raise serious legal issues imo. So not sure we'd be able to get around it if they blocked our current loophole.

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The UEFA document posted earlier shows how they will ban it. Swaps or anything swap-like can be done, but money from it just can’t be counted towards PSR.

Which might be why we've decided to do it several times before they close the door

Still think the main thing they need to stop is the whole pure profit nonsense, a system where selling youth players is rewarded is mental 

Â