The AVFC FFP thread

17 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I'm currently up against the limits of VillaTalk's PSR system and am out of likes for today...

If someone would be kind enough to swap a like now, in return for a like later on, please add a like to the quoted post for me.

Thanking you

'Sure you are not Wimpy rather than Tubby?

What does 'I'd gladly pay you Tuesday' mean? - Quora

These swaps are entirely within the rules, they are trades at market value by clubs who choose to do business with each other. They can hardly put a rule down dictating which clubs do business with who.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

These swaps are entirely within the rules, they are trades at market value by clubs who choose to do business with each other. They can hardly put a rule down dictating which clubs do business with who.

I'm surprised these deal haven't happened sooner in PL, but I suppose were only seeing last season teams get punished for PSR with points deductions.

So we sell Tim for £9m, goes done as pure profit, and then we buy Dobbins for £9m, and the fee is amortised over 5 years at a cost of roughly £2m a season.

So we have essentially **** over PSR without any actual money changing hands.  Impressive.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I cant decide if they are clever. They create an opportunity to spend more by inflating the fee. But you are also taking an inflated amortisation cost each year onto the books as well.

Our goal is to increase turnover, but thats a bit pointless if we increase our costs as the same rate surely.

Agree entirely, I think they see this as a sticking plaster approach until the league inevitably removes or severely loosens the restrictions.

People are acting as if players are the only asset a club has.

If Chelsea circumvent PSR by selling a hotel they own, is there anything to stop NSWE buying a property , business or whatever using AVFC to make the purchase and then immediately selling it to another company they own at the same price.

They could then amortise the initial cost over a longer period. It may be that only players have a 5 year limit, other costs might be different.

And as it has been immediately sold that goes on the books as a gain in this year.

Obviously risky, inflating costs going ahead, but we are doing that anyway

• Like 1

On 20/06/2024 at 10:28, cheltenham_villa said:

I cant decide if they are clever. They create an opportunity to spend more by inflating the fee. But you are also taking an inflated amortisation cost each year onto the books as well.

Our goal is to increase turnover, but thats a bit pointless if we increase our costs as the same rate surely.

If they were clever these deals would be happening left right and centre all across the PL and Europe, but I don’t think they are, well not to any significant level anyway. There was a big one a few years ago with Juve and Barca with Arthur Melo and Pjanic as a FFP fudge but seemed to make things worse for both of them in the long run

8 minutes ago, dogbonus said:

People are acting as if players are the only asset a club has.

If Chelsea circumvent PSR by selling a hotel they own, is there anything to stop NSWE buying a property , business or whatever using AVFC to make the purchase and then immediately selling it to another company they own at the same price.

They could then amortise the initial cost over a longer period. It may be that only players have a 5 year limit, other costs might be different.

And as it has been immediately sold that goes on the books as a gain in this year.

Obviously risky, inflating costs going ahead, but we are doing that anyway

Homes Under the Hammer: Deadline Day Special

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

If they were clever these deals would be happening left right and centre all across the PL and Europe, but I don’t think they are, well not to any significant level anyway. There was a big one a few years ago with Juve and Barca with Arthur Melo and Pjanic as a FFP fudge but seemed to make things worse for both of them in the long run

They never really needed to until now, it's only really last season we've seen teams getting points deductions for breaching PSR.

So are we confident that this is all above board and our player valuations are accurate? I’ve been ok with it so far and think 9m each for Dobbin and Iroegbunam is probably accurate but is the 19mil for Kellyman going to have the PL sniffing around?

I thought Kellyman was going to be the one that did break through to the first team and he will certainly increase in value but I can’t lie I was surprised at the fee.  But then I suppose that Carney, Palmer and James Trafford also moved for high fees, whilst mostly unproven. 

Do all deals have to be ratified by the FA or would they let you do what you want and then come after you afterwards?

50 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So are we confident that this is all above board and our player valuations are accurate? I’ve been ok with it so far and think 9m each for Dobbin and Iroegbunam is probably accurate but is the 19mil for Kellyman going to have the PL sniffing around?

The Chukwuemeka deal validates the Kellyman deal, we'll be fine with that precedent. 

So it looks like our PSR problems will be solved for now with the players that are currently being sold.

Will our next problem be our wages %

Any players we are signing know we are playing champions league so players like Maatsen will be coming in on decent wages.

Eg. Tim leaving (small wage) Barkley coming (medium wage)

Will our revenue increase enough to cover an increase in the overall wage total ?

I guess it's a fine balance in bringing in better quality players without blowing out the wage bill !

2 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

So it looks like our PSR problems will be solved for now with the players that are currently being sold.

Will our next problem be our wages %

Any players we are signing know we are playing champions league so players like Maatsen will be coming in on decent wages.

Eg. Tim leaving (small wage) Barkley coming (medium wage)

Will our revenue increase enough to cover an increase in the overall wage total ?

I guess it's a fine balance in bringing in better quality players without blowing out the wage bill !

I think even Chelsea had to pull out of the Olise deal because of the wages. Bayern are paying him over 200k per week. So yes, I think a strict wage structure will be addressed if it hasn’t already although I doubt we’re in a different boat to many others. It’s why they’ll probably want to get rid of Digne over Moreno.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Chukwuemeka deal validates the Kellyman deal, we'll be fine with that precedent. 

Hmm, I would feel better if he hadn’t also been sold to Chelsea and career hadn’t stalled since (yes injuries etc).

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It seems like the moment our proposal on the limitation was rejected we immediately embarked on a process of "f*** you" transfers that skirt the edges of the rules without breaking them.

Yep I think so, and actually what we are doing now sets us up to compete for some really high profile transfers over the next 12 months. 

Â