The AVFC FFP thread

This has probably already been covered, but my assumption is that seeing as we pushed for a £30m increase in allowed losses (despite inflation putting them at a ~£45m increase) then that is the maximum of our issue? We'd be pretty daft to ask for £30m if we were in deep, deep shit surely?

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Assuming this has already been discussed but if the losses increase to £135m was approved by the league, would that have covered this gap?

I think we can assume that this is the case seeing as the song and dance that big Nas has made after 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Assuming this has already been discussed but if the losses increase to £135m was approved by the league, would that have covered this gap?

No. The gap is is in 23/24 season. The proposal was for 24/25 season. Only profit on sale of somebody/something can cover it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thabucks said:

So by selling Tim. Archer & Cash we won’t  need to sell Luiz to be compliant ? 

possibly compliant, but if we want to spend big this summer, we prob still need that 60-100m worth of sales, to give us the financial flex

• Like 1

I think the rather clever moves we are apparently making with Chelsea and Everton today may well be the end of PSR. Farcical really - but you have to say it’s another example of the savviness of our ownership and leadership team at the moment.

• Like 1

Apologies if this is a dumb question but could Chelsea shaft us and not purchase Duran before the psr deadline. Say we secure Maatsen, we've contributed to their psr but giving them money. What obligation is there for Chelsea to do the same? Just wondering if that's a possibility 

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Apologies if this is a dumb question but could Chelsea shaft us and not purchase Duran before the psr deadline. Say we secure Maatsen, we've contributed to their psr but giving them money. What obligation is there for Chelsea to do the same? Just wondering if that's a possibility 

It's possible, but it was reported recently we've got pretty good relations with Chelsea so you'd think there'd be a gentleman's agreement to get it done in time

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

If we're buying Maatsen then we're have zero FFP issues. BELIEVE.

That or the Luiz and Duran deals will be going through and they are counting them towards Maatsen.

4 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

It's possible, but it was reported recently we've got pretty good relations with Chelsea so you'd think there'd be a gentleman's agreement to get it done in time

Or a written agreement that the sale is conditional on the Duran sale. 

4 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

If we're buying Maatsen then we're have zero FFP issues. BELIEVE.

The Maatsen sale makes no difference to this year's PSR. He probably wouldn't sign until July, but even if he signed earlier we'd only ammortise a few days worth of the fee to cover the remaining days of June. 

18 hours ago, andycv said:

I'm assuming if we did fail to comply it would be a points deduction.

I think Forest got a points deduction for not accepting offers for Johnson until later in the window. We are according to these stories actively trying to do business so that might go in our favour

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Forest got a points deduction for not accepting offers for Johnson until later in the window. We are according to these stories actively trying to do business so that might go in our favour

my understanding is that Forest were very open with the PL, highlighting that they wouldnt sell the play for a reduced fee but would make sure the player was sold. This was proven later one when they secured an additional 10m for Johnsen. I think this is why forest were so surprised by the reduction, theyd been open and honest but also showed a plan to mitigate the losses, all be it outside of the period. 

Our situation looks very similar to me.

12 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I think the rather clever moves we are apparently making with Chelsea and Everton today may well be the end of PSR. Farcical really - but you have to say it’s another example of the savviness of our ownership and leadership team at the moment.

I cant decide if they are clever. They create an opportunity to spend more by inflating the fee. But you are also taking an inflated amortisation cost each year onto the books as well.

Our goal is to increase turnover, but thats a bit pointless if we increase our costs as the same rate surely.

Below a quote from thr Grand Old Team (Everton) forum. Everyone can see what a farse PSR and FFP is

“I'm no expert on Villa.

But to me they seem pretty well run, owners have money and have just had a great season without spending like crazy.

Champions League means revenue will be up next season. And yet they are struggling with PSR?

Working as intended me thinks. Keep in your lane and know your place.”

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I’ve been wondering why Villa is insisting on swap deals only. This might be a reason on why. 

So PSR police can’t quantify the offers worth. Makes rejection a plausible denial, because there isn’t a clear numbered offer. 

It also helps with the PSR back scratching, because it keeps negotiating fluid and optional. Rather than “oh, you’ve matched our debt, ‘we’re forced to accept to not get a points deduction’” 

yet, ultimately I think the swap deal only is just a pact thing for the PSR and broke teams to get a fair deal, and replacement players at the same time 

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Below a quote from thr Grand Old Team (Everton) forum. Everyone can see what a farse PSR and FFP is

“I'm no expert on Villa.

But to me they seem pretty well run, owners have money and have just had a great season without spending like crazy.

Champions League means revenue will be up next season. And yet they are struggling with PSR?

Working as intended me thinks. Keep in your lane and know your place.”

I'm currently up against the limits of VillaTalk's PSR system and am out of likes for today...

If someone would be kind enough to swap a like now, in return for a like later on, please add a like to the quoted post for me.

Thanking you

• Haha 3

Â