The AVFC FFP thread

40 mins in, this guy literally came to same conclusions as I did in my assessment of our PSR. 23/24 we're about ok for PSR. The issue comes when the Jack money rolls off and so the issue is 24/25. Which means we would need to sell players this summer. My estimate was around 60m in profit on player sales needed this summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

40 mins in, this guy literally came to same conclusions as I did in my assessment of our PSR. 23/24 we're about ok for PSR. The issue comes when the Jack money rolls off and so the issue is 24/25. Which means we would need to sell players this summer. My estimate was around 60m in profit on player sales needed this summer. 

I would disagree. We change accounting period to end of June and we duly sell player in June. Feels like we were short in 23/24 as well.

Edited by Czarnikjak

29 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I would disagree. We change accounting period to end of June and we duly sell player in June. Feels like we were short in 23/24 as well.

Didn’t we just change the accounting period  to fall in line with commercial and player contracts 🤷🏻

3 hours ago, CroVillan said:

Yep totally agree brother. Don’t care what anyone else says we have the best team in business from the coach, owners and people running back of house. We don’t need their finances to compete or to pull their pants down. Get us there or thereabouts and it’s Go time.

It’s also that last 5% of performance that costs the most. Those teams who aren’t Liverpool Arsenal and city are obsessed with getting that big player they need, always taking the risks they shouldn’t. Easy to catch prey like that

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Accounting period ends 7th July I read when it happened 

10 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think we need around 15-20 this summer, and about 50million next summer.

Surely,  the Champions League TV rights + an additional 3-4 million per CL home game will get us close to that meaning we don't need to sell a star player.

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Didn’t we just change the accounting period  to fall in line with commercial and player contracts 🤷🏻

No. Player contracts start whenever you sign them, not on any arbitrary date. For commercial deals you can specify any day in the contract for them to start.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Interesting quotes from Heck

“We just came back from the league meetings. We know what we are up against and we almost feel that we have to do this on our own. Because these rules are not set up to reward an ambitious club. Or a challenger. It [changing the three-year permitted losses under PSR to a top limit of £135 million] didn’t go through. I don’t want to keep worrying about it.
“When something doesn’t evolve in 11 years and with the cost of living alone, you scratch your head. If the Bank of England says inflation of £105 million through an 11-year period [then £105 million] is now at £143 million. You would think we would follow that same logic but the league has decided not to. I don’t want to waste my time griping about it. I want to find a new path and I think that is where Aston Villa enters into that big club realm. We have to just get there. So how do you get there within the rules? Well, you try to work harder, and get smarter and be better at what you do.”

Thanks. Paywall, did he say anything else?

23 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Basically, the Villa train has left the station and it isn’t stopping. Plan to grow revenue by 50M per year up to a target of 400M by 2027 - and we have a plan for PSR (your honour). 

28 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

“The first year we were successful,” he says. “We generated £50 million more and that’s our plan to generate £50 million more each year. That has never been done before and we are doing it. We are already well on our way. We were [on] £219 million [annual turnover] so what is the magic number to get to? We think it’s £400 million to get into the game of sustainability. We have a path to get there.

Non paywall link https://archive.is/BPL7q

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Yes, my point in "about ok" is we could be small amount over or under for 23/24. Additionally if we need to sell a player for 24/25 we can do both in June. Say we're 10m short in 23/24 of 3 year PSR limit. If we make 60m profit on Luiz in June that solves our 23/24 and 24/25 problem as that profit will be in the PSR calculation until its existence ends at the end of 24/25 season. 

So sales in June is a double benefit. As benefits PSR end June 24 and PSR end June 25. 

34 minutes ago, Awol said:

Basically, the Villa train has left the station and it isn’t stopping. Plan to grow revenue by 50M per year up to a target of 400M by 2027 - and we have a plan for PSR (your honour). 

Yeah I think we tried the 135m limit increase knowing it would be decided before Summer window opens so a success of failure of the proposal could adjust our summer.

The fact it failed means by the stupid way it's all calculated we need squad turnover. So if we sell Cash and replace with a similar player both equally good in eyes of Emery we stand still in terms of team but we have benefitted PSR.

Say Cash is sold for 25m and we sign Dumfries for 25m. It's a PSR trick essentially. It is what it is and we're run by the elite. I'm not worried 

• Like 2

The VT AVFC FFP Thread has exceeded 230 pages. I think we can all agree it has been a great success, culminating in last year's qualification for the FFP Forum Thread Champions League: where our thread will be up against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid's forums.

However, posters to this forum have been posting beyond their means: we don't make enough money and we wasted a lot of effort on fish puns, Alison Bree and Sherwood's facial references. As such, the best pages of this thread will have to be sold to forums that didn't do as well as us last season, forums that are full of moaners, has-beens and glory hunters. In return, we'll get some blank pages that might turn out to be pretty good, but could also crash the entire website, thereby rendering our efforts last season null and void. 

Failure to do this will result in VT being closed down. 

Thank you for reading this utterly SH*TE service announcement and try to enjoy the closed caste system that is elite men's football this coming season. 

• Haha 2

I like what Heck said. No point in complaining, just work smarter. He's pretty much said out loud that we will pursue PSR avoidance within the rules. That's a zillion more times more admirable than what City have been up to the last decade.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I like what Heck said. No point in complaining, just work smarter. He's pretty much said out loud that we will pursue PSR avoidance within the rules. That's a zillion more times more admirable than what City have been up to the last decade.

I still greatly dislike how they changed the badge without fan oversight. But behind the scenes. We have very capable hands in Heck and others helping us navigate this ridiculous situation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I still greatly dislike how they changed the badge without fan oversight. But behind the scenes. We have very capable hands in Heck and others helping us navigate this ridiculous situation. 

By that thinking why don't we just have fan oversight with everything? I'm sure that would be a success judging by the clarity of direction on here! 🙂

Â