The AVFC FFP thread

Big Nas puts 25000 season tickets up for sale at £4000 a pop but pays for them for the fans.  100 million in the coffers sorted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

Finished watching the latest episode of for the love of Paul McGrath podcast which was about FFP, answers a lot of questions for people, think the key thing I took from it was how the Grealish money goes off the books from next year on and we need to replace that

Yes it is important as it weighs against our previous transfer business in the form of Amortisation costs on the accounts. It isn't that much of an issue next season due to a large increase in revenue, it could be an issue for the season after though

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So if reports come true it would be circa:

Duran - 35 mill?

Matty - 25 mill?

Luiz - " 60 mill " in value ( 15 - 20 in cash )

So let's say 80 - 120 mill pounds in " value " incoming.

How does this set us up with PSR/Finance and how much does it then allow us to spend comfortably?

Guess we can add in dead would sales and frees up wages later.

whatever ffp profit you make, if the owners are willing to keep fronting up the cash then double it. They wouldn't do more than that as it would **** them in future years.

Edited by paul514

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

Finished watching the latest episode of for the love of Paul McGrath podcast which was about FFP, answers a lot of questions for people, think the key thing I took from it was how the Grealish money goes off the books from next year on and we need to replace that

So I guess doing the mooted deals for circa 100 - 120 mill " value " helps here then. ( Cash 25 mill, Duran 35 mill, Doug 55 mill , and sundry 15 - 20 mill? ) Etc

Just now, paul514 said:

whatever ffp profit you make, if the owners are willing to keep fronting up the cash then doubt it. They wouldn't do more than that as it would **** them in future years.

What would you ballpark estimate figure wise be of the above mate? ( No need for deep detail lol just a figure )

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I think our wages to revenue is currently 90% so that is probably the biggest challenge.

I think that might have been true at our last release of accounts - I suspect our income has gone up by around a third since then, so that percentage will have dropped quite considerably.

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What would you ballpark estimate figure wise be of the above mate? ( No need for deep detail lol just a figure )

I don't understand what you are asking

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don't understand what you are asking

The same question I asked in the original quote you responded to.

" How much does this allow us to spend comfortably" etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The same question I asked in the original quote you responded to.

" How much does this allow us to spend comfortably" etc.

200m in my opinion, the owners may not want to stump up the cash though so in that case what we bring in. Or they may want to front load spending as we are in the CL so maybe even 300m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, paul514 said:

200m in my opinion, the owners may not want to stump up the cash though so in that case what we bring in. Or they may want to front load spending as we are in the CL so maybe even 300m

Yes, it also depends how much they want to use up the leeway from 2026 and 2027 as well. Could go right to the limit now, but that would hamstring us next summer and the one after. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Yes, it also depends how much they want to use up the leeway from 2026 and 2027 as well. Could go right to the limit now, but that would hamstring us next summer and the one after. 

Yep, and if they do front load it then you will know what will happen in the next handful of windows.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Ughhhhhhh now we’re cooking Sir Paul. 🤑

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Yep, and if they do front load it then you will know what will happen in the next handful of windows.

Hopefully Heck is as good as his portfolio states he is and the increase in revenue, sponsorship etc gives us a bit of headway and we start bridging the gap to other lot. 

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that might have been true at our last release of accounts - I suspect our income has gone up by around a third since then, so that percentage will have dropped quite considerably.

Until you include the likely salary increases for achieving CL football! I can only assume a few players will have those. 

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Until you include the likely salary increases for achieving CL football! I can only assume a few players will have those. 

ummm I have thought that myself, or even when they are signing new deals they will want mega money. Fan's can't know that though unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

As far as I'm aware players have only bonuses for European football not specifically CL. 

12 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Hopefully Heck is as good as his portfolio states he is and the increase in revenue, sponsorship etc gives us a bit of headway and we start bridging the gap to other lot. 

if he can get us to 400m a year we can compete with the the top 6 even though they are getting 500-800m

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

No - in the real world we have very rich owners who (currently) want to bankroll our continued rise).

Yes - in the world of PSR because our revenues aren't close to the clubs we are trying to compete with.

The 'real world' is PSR, sadly.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

if he can get us to 400m a year we can compete with the the top 6 even though they are getting 500-800m

Yep totally agree brother. Don’t care what anyone else says we have the best team in business from the coach, owners and people running back of house. We don’t need their finances to compete or to pull their pants down. Get us there or thereabouts and it’s Go time.

53 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That’s a relief.

Â