The AVFC FFP / PSR / SCR thread

Just now, nick76 said:

He also said before that Chelsea had £150m hole for June 2024 in his estimation but was at least £100-120m after the hotel sale.  Chelsea only sold less than £80m before June 30th.  These guys are guessing and can be multiplies of ten of millions out.  Last analysis at the end of the season was we had to find the whole for June 2024 plus an additional £40m for June 2025 yet with all the business shenanigans we did at the end of June I’m betting that £40m has reduced significantly.  Now I’m guessing that £40m was out but I doubt very much that the £100m is anywhere near it and I’m guessing he’s just referring to the £100m Grealish money falling off and not taking any the offsets over the last few years.

Paid talking heads making it up on the spot to get the talk going.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He also said before that Chelsea had £150m hole for June 2024 in his estimation but was at least £100-120m after the hotel sale.  Chelsea only sold less than £80m before June 30th.  These guys are guessing and can be multiplies of ten of millions out.  Last analysis at the end of the season was we had to find the whole for June 2024 plus an additional £40m for June 2025 yet with all the business shenanigans we did at the end of June I’m betting that £40m has reduced significantly.  Now I’m guessing that £40m was out but I doubt very much that the £100m is anywhere near it and I’m guessing he’s just referring to the £100m Grealish money falling off and not taking any the offsets over the last few years.

Maybe 👍 just putting out there what I heard & yep it is talksport 🤣 

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nor the expectation that revenue is likely to increase by 50m this season. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Nor the expectation that revenue is likely to increase by 50m this season. 

According to my estimations the hole (before Diaby and any other sales in 24/25 period) is about £80m, and that includes revenue increases of £60m in comparison to last season.

Diaby brought in £23m or so of psr profit, we sold another couple youngsters for £2m in total, so we still might have to bridge about £55m gap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

According to my estimations the hole (before Diaby and any other sales in 24/25 period) is about £80m, and that includes revenue increases of £60m in comparison to last season.

Diaby brought in £23m or so of psr profit, we sold another couple youngsters for £2m in total, so we still might have to bridge about £55m gap.

Why has your figure gone up so much? from memory wasn’t the number you thought for 24/25 was about £40m…apologies if it wasn’t you but that’s a big jump.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why has your figure gone up so much? from memory wasn’t the number you thought for 24/25 was about £40m…apologies if it wasn’t you but that’s a big jump.

It was about £40 for 23/24. 24/25 is much tighter for well known reason (JG money)

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

This wouldn't surprise me and we could probably bridge that gap through Duran and Cash, more or less.

You've also included £8.5m for the Coutinho 'write off' from memory, would we be able to reduce that by sending him on loan again?

24 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I had us needing around 60-80m but there are so many factors to account for. Revenue growth, moving players like Dendonker or Digne on. 

Also how much under the PSR limit did we get to by the Luiz deal? Was it 10m? Then with Iroegbunam and Kellyman that's £40m towards 24/25 add in Diaby 

Just so many factors. Like wages for example now we're in UCL. Just too many moving parts.

I do think we need more sales though. Duran might do it. 

43 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Yeah, 55m sounds far more realistic and in line with my estimations.  Nothing like the £100m that the "expert" on the fishing expedition for talk sport phone ins stated.

58 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah, 55m sounds far more realistic and in line with my estimations.  Nothing like the £100m that the "expert" on the fishing expedition for talk sport phone ins stated.

I’m not so sure it’s that high imo because I’m not sure we would’ve added Onana and Maatsen at those values if it was that high.  Along with Dobbin would be adding £20m amortisation per year and while us fans would’ve clamoured for signings we didn’t need a new left back and potentially the club could’ve argued with JJ, Rogers, Tielemans, Kamara (although injured), McGinn, Barrenechea and Donk we have enough midfielders. I maybe wrong but £55m seems high given the incoming business dealings we’ve done and we’ve likely not finished this summer.  I think the figures is materially lower than £55m.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m not so sure it’s that high imo because I’m not sure we would’ve added Onana and Maatsen at those values if it was that high.  Along with Dobbin would be adding £20m amortisation per year and while us fans would’ve clamoured for signings we didn’t need a new left back and potentially the club could’ve argued with JJ, Rogers, Tielemans, Kamara (although injured), McGinn, Barrenechea and Donk we have enough midfielders. I maybe wrong but £55m seems high given the incoming business dealings we’ve done and we’ve likely not finished this summer.  I think the figures is materially lower than £55m.

I'd have said the same previously, but seeing how close to the wind we sailed with the Luiz sale, and how Emery has form for buying left backs when we don't seemingly need one,  then I think there is a biggish 40m+ sale we need to make, either now, or January, or June.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd have said the same previously, but seeing how close to the wind we sailed with the Luiz sale, and how Emery has form for buying left backs when we don't seemingly need one,  then I think there is a biggish 40m+ sale we need to make, either now, or January, or June.

Yeah  we need a sale(s) but at just what level is just the the difference we all have.  We just know Stefan Borson on TalkSport is full of it in relation to Villa.  I’m sure our club know what they are doing and will navigate next June as well as this June.

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Was it Simon Jordan?

No it was their resident PSR expert, I had to tune out just before they started talking about Villa as I had to attend a work meeting but Darren McAnthony (Peterborough owner) was also on and he seemed to be highly dubious of the experts analysis of Chelsea and Everton’s situation, so prob just educated guesswork as opposed to hard facts.

Was interesting though that the same expert mentioned how despite Newcastle announcing their kit deal with Adidas as being worth £40M it’s actually much less, which is apparently publicly accessible information 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Was Stefan Borson at the end here. He's been miles off recently but he's in the ballpark anyway in terms of 100m in total (reduced costs, growing revenue, player sales). He's probably assumed the deals to end of June were all for 23/24 PSR (which I don't believe is true it was just Luiz needed) so on back of that thinks we've lots more to do. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Was Stefan Borson at the end here. He's been miles off recently but he's in the ballpark anyway in terms of 100m in total (reduced costs, growing revenue, player sales). He's probably assumed the deals to end of June were all for 23/24 PSR (which I don't believe is true it was just Luiz needed) so on back of that thinks we've lots more to do. 

If Kellyman and Irogbunam deals were not needed for 23/24 compliance why did we do them in June? Would be more beneficial to delay them till July to extend their validity into one extra season. Doesn't make sense.

He’s just a self publicist and wouldn’t put too much weight on anything he says - just like Kieran Maguire nowadays - just a rent a quote clickbait artist who styles himself on an expert in ffp / psr 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

If Kellyman and Irogbunam deals were not needed for 23/24 compliance why did we do them in June? Would be more beneficial to delay them till July to extend their validity into one extra season. Doesn't make sense.

I’m not saying it is the answers but scenarios could be.

1) we know that Chelsea/Villa board rooms are close.  Chelsea needed a big PSR sale prior to 30th June.  We liked Maatsen but weren’t prepared to pay £37.5m so Chelsea said they will overpay for Kellyman pre 30th June to offset the favour and thus a lower cash outlay for us.

2) Iroegbunam could be something similar that we do each other favour that may help with PSR but also smooth Onana deal maybe in terms of fee structure, payments details or anything.

All I’m saying is it’s not just us that might be doing it for our PSR purposes it could be others purposes or a mixture of both.  I’m not saying either is what actually happened, just saying that they might not have been needed for our 30th June requirements which just benefitted from others PSR issues.

Edited by nick76

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not saying it is the answers but scenarios could be.

1) we know that Chelsea/Villa board rooms are close.  Chelsea needed a big PSR sale prior to 30th June.  We liked Maatsen but weren’t prepared to pay £37.5m so Chelsea said they will overpay for Kellyman pre 30th June to offset the favour and thus a lower cash outlay for us.

2) Iroegbunam could be something similar that we do each other favour that may help with PSR but also smooth Onana deal maybe in terms of fee structure, payments details or anything.

All I’m saying is it’s not just us that might be doing it for our PSR purposes it could be others purposes or a mixture of both.  I’m not saying either is what actually happened, just saying that they might not have been needed for our 30th June requirements which just benefitted from others PSR issues.

Well, that is not a satisfactory explanation if you look at it logically. Nothing was stopping Villa and Chelsea transferring Maatsen in June and Kellyman in July. These transfers didn't have to happen on the same day.

Same with Tim and Dobbin. If Everton needed PSR profit in June, fine, sell Dobbin in June but don't finalise transaction for Tim till July.

If we are being honest with ourselves, most likely reason why Kellyman and Tim were sold in June was that they had to be sold before 23/24 period ended.

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Because we were buying Maatsen and Dobbin. It's pretty clear no? We had irons in the fire to get under PSR. Luiz got over the line for us. We had agreed mutual help with Everton and Chelsea players each way. The sales still help with our 24/25 PSR as much as if they were in July. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â