The AVFC FFP / PSR / SCR thread

6 minutes ago, Rolta said:

By that thinking why don't we just have fan oversight with everything? I'm sure that would be a success judging by the clarity of direction on here! 🙂

It's 2026, one season of fan oversight - Villa Park:

KBOCRVZ7JFBEJIRZWGNLQ4HHJQ.jpg?auth=b603

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Crazy isn't it.

Building it won't go towards FFP. It's for women and youth. 

But it can be sold to aid FFP.

They'll change the rules when we try to do it I imagine.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

arguably the leagues stance makes the league more competitive. 

Changing PSR rules may allow us and Newcastle to compete with City and Arsenal but it will drive a bigger gap between the top 8 and the bottom 12 and a even more huge gap between the PL and the championship.

At the moment this stance does not suit us at all but i think were guilty of thinking about ourselves and not the wider league.

Disagree. We proposed a vote to increase losses for the whole league - a proposal that was based on a sound economic argument which was roundly rejected.

The club has moved on to plan B -  focusing on what the club can do within the rules to move forward.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

It’s funny how fans scream blue murder at Manchester City, yet we would be perfectly happy doing the same ourselves. 

Ultimately FFP is about legacy rich clubs preventing newly rich clubs like ourselves, Man City or Newcastle from taking their place at the top table. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

It’s funny how fans scream blue murder at Manchester City, yet we would be perfectly happy doing the same ourselves.

I'd only be happy if we played within the rules, City can't say that.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Article from the link:

PSR makes me absolutely sick.

The dream for any young (non-glory hunting) fan is to play for their local club but PSR actually encourages the sales of young talent.

If I ever have a son who wants to play for Villa, what am I supposed to tell him? Don't bother because you won't be allowed?

Absolutely sickening.

Take them to court, NSWE.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

The dream for any young (non-glory hunting) fan is to play for their local club but PSR actually encourages the sales of young talent.

Not just home grown talent, but also the players who have been at a club longest - it's almost designed to disrupt those clubs who don't have the existing large revenues to prosper under it.

"Almost" might just be resting in that sentence.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

This is estimation of our current psr situation by Swiss Ramble 

IMG_1797.webp

so we need 60m ish in sales by the end of June to meet PSR?

19 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

That's what he estimates. That would be covered by Luiz sale.

so if we get the 60m before the end of June, what do you think that gives us in 24/25 for transfers?

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so if we get the 60m before the end of June, what do you think that gives us in 24/25 for transfers?

I don't know atm. Without putting together all the numbers it would be pure speculation.

Also bear in mind he might be a little bit off, it's not meant to be 100% accurate.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â