The AVFC FFP / PSR / SCR thread

32 minutes ago, Frodo said:

This may sound stupid but what's not stopping us sell Dougie to Juventus for £50 million before the end of this financial FFP year (31st june) then come July 1st we buy him back for £51 million, Juventus make a Million & that £51 million goes into next seasons accounts & we get Dougie back ? 

They don't have any money. 

We could try and do this with one of our sister clubs. Sell him for however much we need to avoid breaching, then buy him back for a slight premium. I guess Luiz would have to be on board

30 minutes ago, Frodo said:

This may sound stupid but what's not stopping us sell Dougie to Juventus for £50 million before the end of this financial FFP year (31st june) then come July 1st we buy him back for £51 million, Juventus make a Million & that £51 million goes into next seasons accounts & we get Dougie back ? 

The same thing that stops us have sponsorship deals with companies linked to our owners for hundreds of millions of pounds or selling a training ground to our owners for a billion pounds. Deals have to be fair

4 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

If you have red then you gotta have brown, don't like brown

Don't like brown?!

**** pervert. HP all day.

• Haha 1

Well we already sold off Villa Park to a parent company for FFP purposes so now we can do the same with Bodymoor!  Loads more value in the land out there.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I am guessing the Warehouse could be sold.

Or training ground, whatever really.

26 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Well we already sold off Villa Park to a parent company for FFP purposes so now we can do the same with Bodymoor!  Loads more value in the land out there.

Exactly, all the pant wetting from people who don't understand FFP has become hysterical 

7 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I am guessing the Warehouse could be sold.

Hopefully we ‘sell’ BMH, the inner city academy, the warehouse and club shop and anything else we can lay our hands on then to do a Chelsea and ease PSR concerns!

Posted (edited)

It would be hugely remiss of them to sell a player before looking at selling bodymoor Heath & brookvale … 

no idea how much the deal could be worth but add £10mill for archer, £8-10mill for iroegbunam £3-5mill for KKH before looking at the deadwood removal plugs a huge hole in the finances.   

Edited by thabucks

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It would be hugely remiss of them to sell a player before looking at selling bodymoor Heath & brookvale … 

no idea how much the deal could be worth but add £10mill for archer, £8-10mill for iroegbunam £3-5mill for KKH before looking at the deadwood removal plugs a huge hole in the finances.   

Totally agree with this, absolute no brainer.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

So these are my PSR figures. It's so tight at -104.6m for end of this season we could be under or we could be over. Point being if we are over it's not by much and we have plenty of ways to resolve. I still feel the 24/25 season has a big hole and needs 70m in sales to work within. I do feel we can reduce costs however removing high earners with high amortisation can help a lot. Digne and Carlos for example if we sold then at their remaining book value we take a huge 23-24m of cost out from our Amortisation and Wage bill. 

As stated above we have to take advantage of selling Bodymoor to new company owned by V Sports. There is no logical reason not to before loophole is shit. Chelsea have taken advantage of every f'n loophole in last couple of years.

2022 2023 2024 2025
Match Day 16.1 18.7 26 30
Broadcast 123.2 152.5 175 190
Commercial 26.4 30.1 60 80
Sponsorship 12.7 16.3    
Income  178.4 217.6 261 300

Wages -137 -194.2 -204.2 -214.2
Other Costs -41.9 -66.4 -66.4 -66.4
Player Amort -82.5 -92.5 -92.5 -92.5

Depreceiation -3.5 -4 0 0
Non-Recurring income/cost -9.8 -2.1 0 0
Gain on player sales 97.4 22 40 70
Exepenses -177.3 -337.2 -323.1 -303.1

Operating Profit/Loss 1.5 -119.6 -62.1 -3.1

Allowable Deductions 22 26.8 26.8 26.8

PSR Figure 23.5 -92.8 -35.3 23.7

PSR2024 -104.6
      PSR2025

Thanks for posting these numbers, appreciated.

There is one thing I would like to highlight however that most people miss in our calculations (including yourself by the looks of it).

The fact that we extended our accounting period, automatically increases our wages and amortisation (and some other costs) by 1/12, even if all other things were equal.

So you have there ~300m in wages+amortization, that extra month adds another £25m costs to your calculations.

I could argue some other minor points (like how did we keep amortization flat in your calcs, according to mine it went up by about £10m), but overall i still stand by my point that we are non-complaint as things stand atm (unless we sold Bodymoor or pulled some other accounting trick).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Agreed, although being able to sell any of those before the deadline may not be possible if there are no buyers. 

We might not even own Archer before the end of June.  Depends when we agreed the buy back for.

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Thanks for posting these numbers, appreciated.

There is one thing I would like to highlight however that most people miss in our calculations (including yourself by the looks of it).

The fact that we extended our accounting period, automatically increases our wages and amortisation (and some other costs) by 1/12, even if all other things were equal.

So you have there ~300m in wages+amortization, that extra month adds another £25m costs to your calculations.

I could argue some other minor points (like how did we keep amortization flat in your calcs, according to mine it went up by about £10m), but overall i still stand by my point that we are non-complaint as things stand atm (unless we sold Bodymoor or pulled some other accounting trick).

I am assuming that they extended the period because it helps with profit and sustainability.  My thinking is though we get the extra costs - we will add significantly more income to the pot too - so for example season ticket renewals, sale of Mogan Sanson, down payments from new sponsors, etc.  I just can't see anyway they would have extended if it made the calculation more difficult and not less.

1 minute ago, andycv said:

I am assuming that they extended the period because it helps with profit and sustainability.  My thinking is though we get the extra costs - we will add significantly more income to the pot too - so for example season ticket renewals, sale of Mogan Sanson, down payments from new sponsors, etc.  I just can't see anyway they would have extended if it made the calculation more difficult and not less.

Well, it makes it much easier as it allows us to sell someone for £50m for example 😊

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Well, it makes it much easier as it allows us to sell someone for £50m for example 😊

Would we recognise season ticket sales fully or does accrued income like that get spread out over the term of the agreement?

I assume (based on @CVByrne's calculations) that being only just over the threshold that they could make a genuine difference to our compliance or otherwise.

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So these are my PSR figures. It's so tight at -104.6m for end of this season we could be under or we could be over. Point being if we are over it's not by much and we have plenty of ways to resolve. I still feel the 24/25 season has a big hole and needs 70m in sales to work within. I do feel we can reduce costs however removing high earners with high amortisation can help a lot. Digne and Carlos for example if we sold then at their remaining book value we take a huge 23-24m of cost out from our Amortisation and Wage bill. 

As stated above we have to take advantage of selling Bodymoor to new company owned by V Sports. There is no logical reason not to before loophole is shit. Chelsea have taken advantage of every f'n loophole in last couple of years.

2022 2023 2024 2025
Match Day 16.1 18.7 26 30
Broadcast 123.2 152.5 175 190
Commercial 26.4 30.1 60 80
Sponsorship 12.7 16.3    
Income  178.4 217.6 261 300

Wages -137 -194.2 -204.2 -214.2
Other Costs -41.9 -66.4 -66.4 -66.4
Player Amort -82.5 -92.5 -92.5 -92.5

Depreceiation -3.5 -4 0 0
Non-Recurring income/cost -9.8 -2.1 0 0
Gain on player sales 97.4 22 40 70
Exepenses -177.3 -337.2 -323.1 -303.1

Operating Profit/Loss 1.5 -119.6 -62.1 -3.1

Allowable Deductions 22 26.8 26.8 26.8

PSR Figure 23.5 -92.8 -35.3 23.7

PSR2024 -104.6
      PSR2025

You don't get this kind of detail from the mainstream media so thanks for your work :)

I know you say we could come in over or under depending on the accuracy of your figures but assuming they are all 100% correct then we do not breach this year but we need make 70M on player trading next year - right?

In that case if we do make 70M what kind of budget would we have?

26 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Would we recognise season ticket sales fully or does accrued income like that get spread out over the term of the agreement?

I don't know, I asked this question before on this forum. Would need a professional accountant to answer I think.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Archer we are buying this window, so if we sell him for same amount it'll be net zero in p/l

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â