The AVFC FFP / PSR / SCR thread

29 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Its been stated in the media that we are 'close' to the PSR limit and might need to sell. The fact we asked for losses to be increased suggests the club might well breach it unless they get rid of a player. Some of the football finance commentators indicated we might just be ok though...so not sure.

Thanks.

Thats how I understood it.We can’t buy until we sell.

39 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We get champions league and we are set for one of the most frustrating transfer windows ever it seems.

Joy!

Alternatively, imagine what the next 2-3 windows would be like without CL money! This window will be frustrating yes, but at least we can still progress the team for the next 2-3 years due to that extra income coming next year 

words removed. Thanks for nothing from the other clubs, half of whom are also up against the same shit we are.

It's all so **** stupid. My arse does it help drive competition. Absolute bollix.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Its been stated in the media that we are 'close' to the PSR limit and might need to sell. The fact we asked for losses to be increased suggests the club might well breach it unless they get rid of a player. Some of the football finance commentators indicated we might just be ok though...so not sure.

I think our 135 million a season loss suggestion is irrelevant to the last 3 years it's more to do with going forward.

If we are close so overspending in the past 3 years why would we invest in Rogers and Nedeljković in the Jan window? 

We sold players at the start of last season that came through the academy for pure profit.

I trust the people in charge to know what they are doing.

I think we're at the point where the Grealish sale is now been through the 3 year period? We haven't had any sales close to that and have only just qualified for champions league. Until we can consistently finish top 4 and get that higher revenue we're going to be near the limit. That's just the way it is for us. Lower revenue compared to the other top 4 teams (even Chelsea) so we can't spend as much. Higher earning contracts for the likes of Martinez, Watkins etc. I think right now we're about sustainable, but we have a big revenue jump next season. BUT we can't go spending too much incase it's just one season and then we all of a sudden have some high wages and no champions league football. Balancing act right now. We desparately need to increase our revenue other than player sales.

• Like 1

One caveat to this is our closest rivals (Chelsea and Saudi) are seemingly as **** as we are which means aside from Spurs, everyone is in the same boat as us in terms of not being able to spend without selling. Except United, but clearly $$$ isn't their problem right now

Just had a quick look and it says that us, Newcastle, Chelsea, Everton, Forest and Leicester are all in desperate need to sell players.

Surely there must be something going wrong if more than quarter of the league are facing this problem and 3 of the 6 teams have billionaire owners, its crazy, while the big boys at the top can pretty much spend whatever they want.

38 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

I think we're at the point where the Grealish sale is now been through the 3 year period? We haven't had any sales close to that and have only just qualified for champions league. Until we can consistently finish top 4 and get that higher revenue we're going to be near the limit. That's just the way it is for us. Lower revenue compared to the other top 4 teams (even Chelsea) so we can't spend as much. Higher earning contracts for the likes of Martinez, Watkins etc. I think right now we're about sustainable, but we have a big revenue jump next season. BUT we can't go spending too much incase it's just one season and then we all of a sudden have some high wages and no champions league football. Balancing act right now. We desparately need to increase our revenue other than player sales.

We are also in a big transition. We’ve gotten bigger sponsors and kit deals. That’s progress. We still need to build a higher calibre squad and get rid of the deadwood. The rules are a problem. But there’s a lot still we can build upon to improve our finances in the long run. Unai would not have committed for another 5 years without major commitments.  

• Like 1

We'll just have to start having Official suppliers of everything 

Tea bags

Coffee

Bread

Tofu

Quorn

Condoms

Moisturiser

Pile cream

• Haha 2

So is this real?  Sky Sports are showing it as “Breaking News” with their yellow banner!  

What do they think they know that we don’t know?

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We'll just have to start having Official suppliers of everything 

Tea bags

Coffee

Bread

Tofu

Quorn

Condoms

Moisturiser

Pile cream

No red sauce on your list, is this still banned?

3 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

No red sauce on your list, is this still banned?

If you have red then you gotta have brown, don't like brown

Surely one thing out of this - if we get a point deduction and city get ofd at a later date then im pretty sure we can sue the **** out of the Premier league

Posted (edited)

My assumption would be that we probably need to sell one player at a decent fee (bye Dougie), and then getting rid of unwanted players like Chambers, Coutinho and Dendoncker will trim a load of wages which will impact future losses as the wage bill will obviously drop a bit.

Also add in that Iroegbunam will probably be sold, and possibly Kesler-Hayden too - both of which will book a profit. Archer will probably go again, and we may re-sign Philogene and flip him too.

We're probably close to breaching, but I doubt we're as **** as Everton, Forest and possibly even Chelsea and Newcastle. Newcastle havent been selling many players at all.

Edited by StewieGriffin

This may sound stupid but what's not stopping us sell Dougie to Juventus for £50 million before the end of this financial FFP year (31st june) then come July 1st we buy him back for £51 million, Juventus make a Million & that £51 million goes into next seasons accounts & we get Dougie back ? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â