The AVFC FFP / PSR / SCR thread

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We don't have the money to compete with Man City and Newcastle if the rules are removed. We get blown out the water.

Totally Disagree. We will be very competitive ourselves. Maybe it will open the league up more?

• Like 1

I feel the soft salary cap is the real path forward in the future. To keep the gap in spending between top and bottom clubs in the league in a range that keeps competition. The PL product needs this.

I think we benefit from FFP because we're one of the big clubs in terms of history fan base etc.. we can close the gap on the clubs like Chelsea and Spurs faster than they can grow their own revenue.

I feel Heck appointment is to bring a level of brand and commercial revenue that exists in US Sports and is not tapped by the PL teams. Who go for big commercial partnership routes. I think there's still huge potential in the US market which is growing and we can tap that.

So keeping financial constraints makes clubs require to grow the way we are doing. The way a Brighton have, Brentford etc..

• Like 2

We've known the rules so if we fall foul of them then we have to take it on the chin.  Getting a late reprieve through this was a long shot.  Hopefully we aren't in as precarious a position as they're saying anyway.

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Trying to change a vote to change our losses. We get everything we deserve if that was the plan

You’re on a massive downer on the club for trying to succeed in a league that makes it virtually impossible for clubs like us to do so. I think you’re directing your anger in the wrong direction. 

• Like 4

Have i missed something here?

Has something been reported that Vila are going to breach FFP?

I've just had conversation with a Wolves fan who believes the same thing?

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Fair enough.  I guess we're team City then.

We are caught in between.

We are not like Newcastle or City, don't have nation state behind us.

We are not like Liverpool or Man utd, our revenues are tiny in comparison to them.

We are not like West ham or Wolves, we actually want to push on and spend more money.

Honestly, I don't know what our strategy and allegiances on PSR should be, either way we will be at disadvantage to some other group of teams.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Have i missed something here?

Has something been reported that Vila are going to breach FFP?

I've just had conversation with a Wolves fan who believes the same thing?

Its been stated in the media that we are 'close' to the PSR limit and might need to sell. The fact we asked for losses to be increased suggests the club might well breach it unless they get rid of a player. Some of the football finance commentators indicated we might just be ok though...so not sure.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We get champions league and we are set for one of the most frustrating transfer windows ever it seems.

Joy!

Only frustrating if we don’t sell Doug by the 30th. If we do, we’ll be more free to spend 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

33 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

So this coming season has PSR, SCR and TBA to limit us!   Plus the UEFA version whatever they call that.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Only frustrating if we don’t sell Doug by the 30th. If we do, we’ll be more free spend 

My point. Having to sell a key player.

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So this coming season has PSR, SCR and TBA to limit us!   Plus the UEFA version whatever they call that.

Only PSR and UEFA rules are binding. The other non-binding trial. Can pretty much ignore them next season

Posted (edited)

Wonder if it gets to a point where you say, sod it... We'll risk the punishment ,🤦🏽‍♂️

As many have pointed out, the most obvious factors are inflation , increasing costs of operation and increasing player wages which should come into consideration of authorities imo.

You are being forced into a corner whilst trying to compete with teams with massive head starts.

Chelsea for example, yeah they " need to sell " etc... but they pretty much spent a billion pounds securing a whole squad of top talent already.

Man City have been continuing as normal with over 100 charges etc.

How can a club progress whilst being forced to sell their best assets at cut prices and homegrown players... To the very same clubs with the head starts ?

Worst Champions League qualification party ever 🙄

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

51 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Trying to change a vote to change our losses. We get everything we deserve if that was the plan

Wait, this vote would have been for next season and on, nothing to do with the ‘plan’ to get to the champions league, which has been achieved.

Weird way to flex against your team’s desire to spend more and be ambitious.

I very much like the club's ambition. Any comparisons to City is way way wide of the mark. No other team is like City, because no other team have 115 charges against them for cheating. 

Posted (edited)

For me the only way out of this is selling fringe players like archer for something like 20m to one of our clubs under the umbrella e.g vitoria

Unless a big offer comes in for a ramsey or luiz. Tbh if we fall foul we only have ourselves to blame we knew the rules

Edited by Demitri_C

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â