The AVFC FFP / PSR / SCR thread

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yes and yes. 

As these are next seasons parachute payments (24/25) I would expect this £5m to be payed out and go on next seasons accounts, not this 23/24 season.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He would know about interest in players out and in but no way does he know our psr level.  There would be very few people that would know that even within the club.  Accounts arent free to be seen by just anybody before they are published even within a company, never mind externally, he’s just guessing like the rest of us.  It’s one thing knowing about player interest, it a whole different world knowing about company finances that have not been released yet.

We should just completely write off any discussion about any clubs PSR status then.

It's just not right that clubs and the people within them have no idea whereabouts they are in accordance to PSR, its a ludicrous suggestion.

Not to the penny, no. But they'll have a very good idea where they sit. And it's absolutely possible that reasoning for selling a fan favourite is pushed through the media.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We should just completely write off any discussion about any clubs PSR status then.

It's just not right that clubs and the people within them have no idea whereabouts they are in accordance to PSR, its a ludicrous suggestion.

Not to the penny, no. But they'll have a very good idea where they sit. And it's absolutely possible that reasoning for selling a fan favourite is pushed through the media.

Finances within a company are tightly held and restricted and obviously the owners would know, executives like Emery, Monchi and close teams know along with the likes of Heck obviously being an Exec but beyond that very few would know outside of the finance team.  It would be part of their delegated authority matrix which company’s have.

Having an idea like Kieran Maguire or some on here is as close as you’ll get but even they will likely have a tolerance of ten of millions in their numbers.  When you are likely to be this close the tolerance is likely to be greater than the difference.  Also what is included and not included under psr is regularly debated between the governing body and clubs on individual costs ie the covid exclusions as just one example.

I’m not saying not to discuss it but when we are so close apparently, nobody can say we have to sell before 30th June because even people like Tom won’t know.  It’s only when you are so far over the line like Chelsea that you can say something like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

The problem is that other clubs will suss out our situation and feel like it gives them a bit of leverage in any negotiations over the next three weeks.

Does it? Do we have a situation? Not sure we have a situation that we have to sell before 30th June

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Does it? Do we have a situation? Not sure we have a situation that we have to sell before 30th June

Similarly not sure we don't?

But we're being told we do.

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Similarly not sure we don't?

But we're being told we do.

Being told by a few reporters, but I’m far far from convinced they have inside knowledge on this.  As I’ve said before they may well have inside knowledge about players moving but no way do they know financial accounts.

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

You are correct. From people in the media Borson is probably most knowledgeable on PSR topics. He estimated Chelsea were about £100m short this season to comply with PSR. But it was suggested by him and Ornstein that they are not short anymore, following sell of Cobham to themselves apparently.

When I was looking at our numbers it looked like we were about £40-50m short this season. It might have been already addressed by property sale or some other creative accounting. It might have not, we won't know until end of June.

More of a rhetorical question, but if it has been addressed already, why would Monchi and team say otherwise? Would it not be a smart play to let other clubs think we're struggling for money? We won't know until we know, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a non-issue and we're letting the media do their thing so that we don't pay inflated fees.

4 hours ago, gaz90 said:

More of a rhetorical question, but if it has been addressed already, why would Monchi and team say otherwise? Would it not be a smart play to let other clubs think we're struggling for money? We won't know until we know, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a non-issue and we're letting the media do their thing so that we don't pay inflated fees.

Matched by the rhetorical question of - if journalists have been given inside information that Villa are struggling to meet their FFP / PSR obligations then why would at the FAB meeting would they have given such short shift to the question by basically saying that everything is under control.  They either want the information to be out there or they don't.  I think I know which is more likely.

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Matched by the rhetorical question of - if journalists have been given inside information that Villa are struggling to meet their FFP / PSR obligations then why would at the FAB meeting would they have given such short shift to the question by basically saying that everything is under control.  They either want the information to be out there or they don't.  I think I know which is more likely.

Why would they sign players in January too amongst other things.

its all bull 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Why would they sign players in January too amongst other things.

its all bull 

A lot of it stems from Monchi apparently meeting with Juve.  Of course the Italian press will want to assume that is because Juve want to buy one of our players and any inkling of a new incoming signing will get people reading their "inside info" - in just the same way that the English press made out that Emery would sign for Man Utd if they made him an offer.  There's much more evidence to suggest that Juve need to sell this summer in order to rebuild their team.  Yet weirdly if the news was that Monchi was there to discuss a deal for Chiesa it would be almost universally dismissed as paper rubbish and yet because it's about us needing to sell it feels like suddenly a lot more people think that it must be true.

Let's also not forget that some of the projections about our PSR situation were first raised in January / February and yet they already failed to take into consideration several factors that had already increased our revenues from last season.

The bulk of the circumstantial evidence seems to suggest that it is bull.  It might not be - but if it is true then I think it's more to do with throw enough PSR claims at enough clubs and something will stick somewhere that you can claim as a scoop - but hedge your claims with enough caveats that if there's no problem then it's easy enough to backtrack and point out how other things had addressed any possible issue and you'd only ever said "might" anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Sounds like good news but you can bet all your money that it wont take effect until the next financial period 

6 minutes ago, grobs said:

Sounds like good news but you can bet all your money that it wont take effect until the next financial period 

Yes, it would come into effect starting 24/25 season, so it doesn't change our current situation in this accounting period.

I am not sure I believe it though...I just can't see 14 clubs that would vote for it, hope I'm proven wrong on this.

Posted (edited)

All the sounds coming out of all the FFP and money regulation chat suggests that, if we were able to, we would go full Man City…

and I think we can spin it however we want to make us feel comfortable but ultimately I think Villa would just be another Man City / Newcastle / Chelsea billionaire cash club

Edited by Spoony

38 minutes ago, Spoony said:

All the sounds coming out of all the FFP and money regulation chat suggests that, if we were able to, we would go full Man City…

and I think we can spin it however we want to make us feel comfortable but ultimately I think Villa would just be another Man City / Newcastle / Chelsea billionaire cash club

We don't have the money to compete with Man City and Newcastle if the rules are removed. We get blown out the water.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â