Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

I'll repeat what I said earlier. Its a worrying sign if we miss out on him. We need 2 strikers this summer. Watkins will be one, but we are not bringing in better than wilson IMO if we miss out.

Considering the mistakes made last summer, I'll be annoyed with the club if we miss out on main targets. Especially to a club like Newcastle. 

15 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The Athletic are reporting that Newcastle have bid 17.5m plus add ons and confirmed that Bournemouth want Matt Ritchie. I can see that deal coming off which is a shame because I was just warming to the idea.

Judging by the amount of leaks our bid got I imagine it’ll be leaking like a sieve into the media if that’s true. The Athletic quote ‘sources’ in the snippet about Wilson.

FCB1-F561-381-C-41-C2-9109-B72-F922-F428

If it’s a straight shootout between us and Newcastle I’d back us. More stable ownership, more attack minded manager, and in the Midlands where Wilson originates. 

Edited by villan-scott

I can't see Newcastle offering straight cash and taking on £100k PW wages. Ashley wants out and can't escape. It's a big financial outlay.

While Bournemouth may be Interested in having Ritchie back, they will need to replace Wilson as a striker. Not getting cash combined with relegation hitting finances, I'd imagine they will be looking for cash up front for Wilson

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We won't play 2 up front and Watkins better central so would Wilson come to fight for a spot? Rather splash the cash and get Benrahma and Watkins

I think Watkins and Wilson will and should fight for the lone striker spot, will either of them want to do that is a different question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Have to agree. I’m not even convinced on Watkins either if I’m being honest at the fee they are asking for. That said we do need pace urgently in the team so my pick would be Benrahma and Watkins too. 

Has Benrahma got pace?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Wilson & Jolinton up top for Newcastle then, sure defences will be shaking. Joelinton 2 goals in 38, Wilson 8 in 35 matches, so between them last year they managed 10 goals in 73 matches between them, the next Yorke & Cole......

I mean, we could end up with Davis and Wilson or Samatta and Wilson, sooo... I wouldn’t throw stones in a glass house!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I can't see Newcastle offering straight cash and taking on £100k PW wages. Ashley wants out and can't escape. It's a big financial outlay.

While Bournemouth may be Interested in having Ritchie back, they will need to replace Wilson as a striker. Not getting cash combined with relegation hitting finances, I'd imagine they will be looking for cash up front for Wilson

I heard their transfer kitty was only £30m, so it would be a stretch. I guess that's why they are looking to include Richie in the deal. I note that he's a Coventry fan (i had wondered as he was born there). 

49 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Judging by the amount of leaks our bid got I imagine it’ll be leaking like a sieve into the media if that’s true. The Athletic quote ‘sources’ in the snippet about Wilson.

FCB1-F561-381-C-41-C2-9109-B72-F922-F428

If it’s a straight shootout between us and Newcastle I’d back us. More stable ownership, more attack minded manager, and in the Midlands where Wilson originates. 

Probably this kind of Flurries at Newcastle, perfect way to finish of a nice kebab.

Download Mcflurry Oreo Mcdonalds Png Mcflurry Mcdonalds PNG Image with No  Background - PNGkey.com

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Have to agree. I’m not even convinced on Watkins either if I’m being honest at the fee they are asking for. That said we do need pace urgently in the team so my pick would be Benrahma and Watkins too. 

Having beer with Leeds mate and asked him if he'd seen Watkins and what was his opinion, he said quality player

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

The Athletic are reporting that Newcastle have bid 17.5m plus add ons and confirmed that Bournemouth want Matt Ritchie. I can see that deal coming off which is a shame because I was just warming to the idea.

That's the desperation kicking in!! I would prefer King from Bournemouth anyway.

Just now, villan-scott said:

I often get Flurry frustration when the ice cream machine is ‘broken!’

Same as when the bartender is "out of mint" so unfortunatly no Mojitos :D  They just hate doing them.