Matty Cash

paul514

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

What did he hobble off with at the first game? If that was his hammy why did we send him back out again next weekend?

They take at minimum 2 weeks to heal, then a further week or 2 building them back up.

I didn't think he'd be risked

6 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Apparently he only trained on the Friday. Speaks to Emerys insistance of Konsa staying in a CB as he rolled Cash out on limited work after an injury.

Surely does. Perhaps didn't want to throw an inexperienced Ned in to a very lively home game against one of the two best teams in the league and doesn't trust Carlos after what happened in pre-season.

Must mean we're looking at another player that can fill both a RCB and RB role. Geertruida makes so much sense if we're keeping Cash. 

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

4 weeks according to Tanswell, likely to miss the next two PL games.

Everton, Wycombe, Wolves and if late, Ipswich. Not a bad bunch of games to miss tbh.

a good run for Kosta/Bogarde to get some valuable lesson time 

19 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Everton, Wycombe, Wolves and if late, Ipswich. Not a bad bunch of games to miss tbh.

a good run for Kosta/Bogarde to get some valuable lesson time 

Yeah, not too bad. I prefer Kosta personally but it’s very early days for both youngsters.

He seems a better and more natural fit though..

We’ve also still got the option of moving Konsa over for Carlos or Mings.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, not too bad. I prefer Kosta personally but it’s very early days for both youngsters.

He seems a better and more natural fit though..

We’ve also still got the option of moving Konsa over for Carlos or Mings.

True. It may not be our strongest position, but we have options and potential. What’s all we can really ask for right now. 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

True. It may not be our strongest position, but we have options and potential. What’s all we can really ask for right now. 

I’m just concerned about CL games tbh, I feel good about our squad in PL games (for the most part and so long as we don’t get many or serious injuries. Bouba back will be a major boost though) but am wondering or even slightly concerned that we may be short on quality in those big or tough European games… but we have Unai…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m just concerned about CL games tbh, I feel good about our squad in PL games (for the most part and so long as we don’t get many or serious injuries. Bouba back will be a major boost though) but am wondering or even slightly concerned that we may be short on quality in those big or tough European games… but we have Unai…

This is probably where we see Konsa playing RB. Particularly for the harder ties. We sacrifice a bit of our attacking play to have a tougher back 4. Cash or the kids for the easier ties where we can attack

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This is probably where we see Konsa playing RB. Particularly for the harder ties. We sacrifice a bit of our attacking play to have a tougher back 4. Cash or the kids for the easier ties where we can attack

Makes a lot of sense… if Ty can come back strong and stay fit that’s massive as well. 

All of the previously injured players can be major contributors… great to have JJ back and hopefully Buendia will be heavily involved and perform really well.

I expect improvements in some aswell, Pau’s only going into his second season with us (hopefully can steer clear of knocks and injuries now). Maybe Matty can get to a new level… CL football is a real motivator. Unai must have a lot of faith in him.

We need a lot from our senior players… we will continue to rely heavily on the likes of Emi, Bailey, Watkins… I’m just not sure on how much attacking depth and quality we have at this point. And RB is an oft repeated concern but we’ve covered that.

I’m not completely comfortable with relying on and expecting too much (especially consistency) from our younger players, even Rogers. The good thing is that we have versatile players like Tielemans and McGinn. If Buendia can step into that 10 role too…

Youri can play in an attacking role again once Bouba is back and if Barkley comes into contention more…

We at least have options… it’s exciting to think what Unai can get out of the players really. Very much a wait and see at this point but performances have been really encouraging so far… we’ve actually made a decent start to a season 😆 when was the last time we managed that?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â