Matty Cash

paul514

8 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I’m a big fan, sometimes feel like I am alone! He played a huge part in our success last season.

Though he was good today, the pen was a 50/50.

If Ned is his back up, based on today - I would be concerned.

If Cash is injured and doesn’t play next week, and we have to rely on a fairly inexperienced 18 year old, I think a lot of people will realise that Cash isn’t so bad. 

Another great signing by Deano, he impressed me straight away.

We’ve come a long way though and can’t be overly sentimental. He hasn’t really improved or to the degree that other players have since Unai arrived. No objection to him sticking around but there is an opportunity to make some money there and upgrade.

Agree on Kosta, he looks quality but we can’t heap too much pressure and expectation on such a young lad. Needs time and patience, to be eased in over time.

Geertruida makes a lot of sense…

Cash is the weak link in the defence but don't really blame him either because the role suits a different type of player, I think we look much better when Konsa is at RB. Having said that, Kamara used to slot in at RCB for Cash which allowed him to move further forward when we have the ball, so given he's back a lot earlier than most of us thought hopefully that helps him.

The issue with the pens is that he dives in too much, did it the end of last season vs Bournemouth. I don't think this one was a pen but when you go to make a challenge like that now players are just sticking their legs into opponents and making sure there is some kind of contact and I think Soucek does that. Salah and Kane did that a lot, I remember Salah doing it vs Mings a few seasons back.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even alot of neutral fans I've seen are disgustee by that penalty call . So he is terribly unlucky 

Ruined the rest of his game. He was looking quick strong and direct before that. After that, back to indecisive Cash.. confidence shot

Edited by CarryOnVilla

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He replaced Elmo/Hutton didn’t he? N Guilbert 😆

Much better than the lot of them.

But maybe now it’s his turn…

Unfortunately as we progress, more " favourites " will become periphery.

Each progression will see current players rise level and continue with us on the journey or be replaced.

As starters at least.

Honestly even is he is no longer a starter I still want to have him in the squad even for one more season to play a part in what he's helped us achieve at least 

People need to remember we are Always an injury or two away from a mini crisis despite depth.

You could do much worse than Matty as second or third choice RB

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not sure how some are debating the penalty call. 

Cash wins the ball and their legs tangle. It's a horrendous call from the ref. Absolute garbage

And Stokeley Park want us to ignore this part and focus on protecting the refs still. "Respect the integrity of the onfield decision" my a***.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not sure how some are debating the penalty call. 

Cash wins the ball and their legs tangle. It's a horrendous call from the ref. Absolute garbage

Indeed.

For me it's sad that some just seem to want to use it to justify him being a " liability" and to add to the penalty stat.

But fair is fair, as soon as I saw the replay I said that's no penalty 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed.

For me it's sad that some just seem to want to use it to justify him being a " liability" and to add to the penalty stat.

Totally agree. Cash has his limitations at times but the penalty was not his fault at all. If it was given against the scum 6, we wouldn't stop hearing about it

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And Stokeley Park want us to ignore this part and focus on protecting the refs still. "Respect the integrity of the onfield decision" my a***.

It's the fact the VAR said "yes cash touched the ball but it wasn't a genuine attempt to play it". Well what the **** was he trying to do then?! 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unfortunately as we progress, more " favourites " will become periphery.

Each progression will see current players rise level and continue with us on the journey or be replaced.

As starters at least.

Honestly even is he is no longer a starter I still want to have him in the squad even for one more season to play a part in what he's helped us achieve at least 

People need to remember we are Always an injury or two away from a mini crisis despite depth.

You could do much worse than Matty as second or third choice RB

Agreed mate but… if we can make 20-30m on him… we have to do it, especially with the way things are. That’s if anyone is interested and can stump up the money. All we have seen are rumours.

We can’t afford to turn down opportunities to make (big) money on players who aren’t or aren’t approaching essential for us… allows us to go out and upgrade. Which we will have to keep doing as we continue to progress.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed.

It was an abysmal decision… he did his job. He defended and got the ball away, the tangle of legs was incidental. No intention there. Apparently, Soucek had already fouled him before that too…

Surprised that the Sky commentary team saw it the same way (normally against us) and were saying “no penalty”. Then pulled back their comments later and said some BS like, it was good that VAR protected the referee???? WTF?! 😂

Anyway, we won so can forget about it 😆

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's the fact the VAR said "yes cash touched the ball but it wasn't a genuine attempt to play it". Well what the **** was he trying to do then?! 

T🔨

One thing I want to stress… if we do replace Cash, I want that player to get stuck in and defend too. We would miss his battling qualities if he’s just replaced with a more attacking player or someone who shirks or avoids challenges… that would be a concern. 

For as much criticism as Matty gets, he is important in that he battles and fights for us and is fully committed to defending. How good he is at that is debatable/arguable but the effort is always there.

41 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

What's next!

" Goal disallowed, even though the ball crossed the line it was intended as a cross, not a shot .. "

17 hours ago, The_Steve said:

EOtz2gr-STT8m-D05y-ezgif-com-crop.gif

Fouled in the build up. Look how Soucek uses the arm across the shoulder.

Cash made a mistake in the tackle (even winning the ball by toes) if he just applied pressure and stayed foot as according to this gif; Konsa appears would cover and would have less chance to score compared to Pen's chance to score...

yet rashly decided by himself to decision tackle as in the past he made the same mistake and still did it even though he did a great job blocking the ball shot but the other team will use this to their advantage. 

yet VAR is stupid reason to give "He touch ball and win ball, yet he not appears try win ball" code VAR will back to ref mistake. when should say oh ref make mistake even it is hard to see and understand where ref decide and over-rules ref mistake. ( ref should've wait for the corner that asks var) so give west ham chance to corner rather blow early whistle) 

anyway

i think he is did ok also some mistakes he made; ie kudus when he was like 2m-5m away to disengage mark him with engage marking to another player (West Ham's attack Full back) to give Kudus space and near score when he is (his marking first place) when should stay back 50-50 plus cover angle full back running also marking to him to wait for mistake also he should've waited for to pick mark. 

general he did not bad in this match even Kudus looked very hard to mark be fair, he did some great jobs and some poor jobs. for me, he is 6.25/10.

but my big worry is that Kontas ready for the next games cos a hamstring injury (cash) i think this should encourage Kontas's chance of playing to a high level even 18

i think bit too early yet it is will help him learn the games whatever next games then cash back that he will learn and what expect from premiership standard or another option is playing Konsa as RB and brave face to play Carlos as CB. to protect Kontas young and mistake, under pressure) 

Cash's performance yesterday was fine, he was up against as good a left sided player as he'll face this season in Kudus and it wasn't easy, he won some and lost some - the penalty actually came from a good bit of play from him and he's incredibly unlucky to catch VAR in their week one mood - later in the season we get a free kick. 

He's playing in a position where there's a lot of competition and possible more to come and he'll know he has to keep his level high to fend off Nedeljkovic (and possibly Geertuida and Konsa).

There seem a lot of people ready to jump on him at the first sign of a mistake at the moment, hopefully he can play his way through that.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â